What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Former staffer accuses Joe Biden of sexual assault (1 Viewer)

I find it disturbing just how many people who are all about "innocent until proven guilty" are suddenly the opposite. Get everything out in the daylight, and go over it with a fine toothed comb. If the evidence is against Biden, bring charges. If not, then don't.

The NYT stated false conclusions that none of Biden's staff corraborated Reade's story when in fact several interns did verify apparent retributions.  They did not interview Biden.  Did not interview Reade or her brother.
You need to read it. NYT interviewed Reade not only once but TWICE.

I find it disturbing just how many people who are all about "innocent until proven guilty" are suddenly the opposite. Get everything out in the daylight, and go over it with a fine toothed comb. If the evidence is against Biden, bring charges. If not, then don't.
Who has said he is guilty?

And there won’t be any charges, statute of limitations.

But might be nice if someone maybe asked Biden about it or if he addressed it. 

No, it wouldn’t be nice. It would be pointless from a news angle, which is what the media is about. It would give the story further legs which at this point it doesn’t deserve. 

What purpose does it serve? If it's not true, then it does nothing but to hurt his chances. If it is true, but statute of limitations has passed, they can't charge him with anything, see answer 1. And before it's brought up again, Trump made his comments about assaulting women voluntarily.

Neither. But there is extremely good reason to believe Christine Blasey Ford and to not believe Tara Reade, which should be unrelated to one’s political leanings. 
Oh, like saying it happened in the mid-80's in her late teenage years, and then changing it to 1982 when the facts did not line up.  Or no, that was Ford.

Ford's story had far fewer details and more massive changes than Reade's story.  Unlike Ford, Reade's story has verifiable facts.  The defense is embarrassing.

Oh, like saying it happened in the mid-80's in her late teenage years, and then changing it to 1982 when the facts did not line up.  Or no, that was Ford.

Ford's story had far fewer details and more massive changes than Reade's story.  Unlike Ford, Reade's story has verifiable facts.  The defense is embarrassing.
It really isn’t apples to apples. When Blasey Ford testified I found her believable. This woman I don’t for various reasons which I’ve now explained several times. 

You guys can and probably will continue to accuse me and others of hypocrisy and the media of a coverup. I don’t expect to ever convince you otherwise. But you’re completely wrong on both counts. 

It really isn’t apples to apples. When Blasey Ford testified I found her believable. This woman I don’t for various reasons which I’ve now explained several times. 

You guys can and probably will continue to accuse me and others of hypocrisy and the media of a coverup. I don’t expect to ever convince you otherwise. But you’re completely wrong on both counts. 
Sure it is.  Blasey Ford did not even name Kavanaugh until after he was nominated.  To the therapist it was an unnamed individual in the mid-1980's late in my teenage years.  Then it became, it was 1982 and Kavanaugh when I was 15.  She changed the location (right next to the country club, to somewhere between the country club and the 20-minute drive to my house).  Then she changed the layout and configuration of the house.  Then she changed the number of people in the house.....Her story was razor-thin to began with and she could not even keep those few facts straight.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The NYT stated false conclusions that none of Biden's staff corraborated Reade's story when in fact several interns did verify apparent retributions.
This comes from a different MSM source, Wapo.

Reade initially oversaw a group of interns. Two recalled that Reade abruptly stopped overseeing them in April — just a few weeks after the interns arrived — but neither was aware of the circumstances that led to her departure. Reade stopped working in the office several months later.
- So NYT interviewed Reade - TWICE. Wapo interviewed Reade - TWICE. AP not only interviewed Reade TWICE, but also Reade's friend, TWICE.

What's more while you're attacking MSM you're just reciting MSM facts or partial facts as you have them that were investigated and reported by MSM, but as described by someone else.

In addition the fact that Reade left several months later is significant because in interviews and her own writing she has cited the following as reasons for her departure: 1. her desire to return to the arts. 2. her disgust with American imperialism. 3. Her disgust with American treatment of Russia (at a time when US-Russia relations were at their very best in no exaggeration 100 years). 4. She followed her boyfriend after he took a campaign job in the midwest.  I'm just raising this because whatever source you're reading is only giving you cherry picked pieces of MSM interviews and investigation that give lots more detail.

This comes from a different MSM source, Wapo.

- So NYT interviewed Reade - TWICE. Wapo interviewed Reade - TWICE. AP not only interviewed Reade TWICE, but also Reade's friend, TWICE.

What's more while you're attacking MSM you're just reciting MSM facts or partial facts as you have them that were investigated and reported by MSM, but as described by someone else.

In addition the fact that Reade left several months later is significant because in interviews and her own writing she has cited the following as reasons for her departure: 1. her desire to return to the arts. 2. her disgust with American imperialism. 3. Her disgust with American treatment of Russia (at a time when US-Russia relations were at their very best in no exaggeration 100 years). 4. She followed her boyfriend after he took a campaign job in the midwest.  I'm just raising this because whatever source you're reading is only giving you cherry picked pieces of MSM interviews and investigation that give lots more detail.
Unfortunately I am not a subscriber to WaPo or NYT (don't really want to pay for maybe reading one article a month I find worthwhile), so I have to rely on my memory of what people have said about the article or the few excerpts I have seen.  

Not one Democrat Senator (who screamed at the top of their lungs about Kavanaugh) will even acknowledge this story.

Every single Senate Democrat is refusing to acknowledge the sexual assault allegations against Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

The Daily Caller News Foundation reached out to every Democratic senator — all 45 plus the two independent senators who caucus with Democrats — to ask them about Tara Reade's allegations that Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993 when she worked for him in his U.S. Senate office.

Not a single Democratic senator, or their office, responded to requests for comment. They were given 24 hours to respond, more than enough time in the fast-moving world of politics.

Their silence comes despite mounting evidence that lends credibility to Reade's claims.

On Friday, Reade told a journalist that her mother called into CNN's "Larry King Live" in 1993 to ask where she could report that her daughter had problems with a "prominent senator."

Hours later, the Media Research Center unearthed the old video

Reade then confirmed that the caller in the video was her mother.

"I just heard audio, my mother died and hearing her voice made me cry. She was such a good mom and always watching out for me even now," she told the Daily Caller, explaining the video proves "that I was forced out and wanted to come forward in 1993."

The hypocritical silence by Senate Democrats has reached deafening levels, considering they were the loudest voices decrying Brett Kavanaugh during his Supreme Court confirmation.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/every-single-democratic-senator-refuses-to-acknowledge-sexual-assault-allegations-against-joe-biden?utm_content=buffer85b83&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=tw-theblaze

The Daily Caller News Foundation reached out to every Democratic senator — all 45 plus the two independent senators who caucus with Democrats — to ask them about Tara Reade's allegations that Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993 when she worked for him in his U.S. Senate office.

Not a single Democratic senator, or their office, responded to requests for comment. They were given 24 hours to respond, more than enough time in the fast-moving world of politics.
I am shocked, shocked to hear not one Democratic senator responded to a request by The Daily Caller News Foundation!

Unfortunately I am not a subscriber to WaPo or NYT (don't really want to pay for maybe reading one article a month I find worthwhile), so I have to rely on my memory of what people have said about the article or the few excerpts I have seen.  
Here's the Wapo article.

Here's the NYT article.

Here's the interview with the NYT writer.

- I'd think you'd stop following whatever news source told you that NYT had not interviewed Reade, and the source that said that several interns had confirmed retribution, but nah, right?

The top 3 candidates for VP were on the Sunday AM shows. Whitmer, Abrams, and Klouchar. Guess how many were asked about Tara Reades allegations against Biden? Yes folks the media is an absolute joke.
There has to be more than those 3.   Kloucher has to be the front runner given Bidens advanced age and the possibility of the VP having to take over..   Whitmer has only been a Gov a year and a half and is under fire in Michigan. And she has a Trump like temperament  when things don`t go her way. 

Abrams does not have the chops yet to be POTUS yet either.  After Trump we don`t need any more learning on the job types as POTUS.

There has to be more than those 3.   Kloucher has to be the front runner given Bidens advanced age and the possibility of the VP having to take over..   Whitmer has only been a Gov a year and a half and is under fire in Michigan. And she has a Trump like temperament  when things don`t go her way. 

Abrams does not have the chops yet to be POTUS yet either.  After Trump we don`t need any more learning on the job types as POTUS.
Warren is making a play for it too, and of course there's Harris as squis mentioned.  I would assume Biden has at least had a conversation with Michelle about it too, but I don't know if she really wants it. 

This particular story is an example of the media behaving correctly. This woman is not credible, because she changed her charge from inappropriate touching to rape years later,
She didn't change her story.  She opened up with more details over time- a normal process for sexual assault survivors.  As we can see now, she wasn't wrong to think malignant Joe Biden supporters will latch onto the flimsiest pieces of "evidence" and spin them in the worst way possible.  

and because she surrounds herself with extreme right wing media with a history of spreading false information.
The Katie Halper show is not extreme right wing media.  Reade voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016.  She supported Elizabeth Warren initially.  She is refusing to vote in this election for either alleged rapist.  She personally asked Trump Jr. not to use her assault for political gain.  

She's reached out to progressive orgs, politicians, and other media outlets with little to no success.  She avoided Marcotte because Nathan Robinson assessed, correctly, that she was out to write a smear piece on Reade.  It's really a lose/lose situation- go to the wrong press and have her story twisted, or avoid them and have her integrity questioned.  

Biden’s already denied it; it’s not news to ask him about it anymore than it would be news to ask Trump right now about all of the assertions that he raped women. 
No he hasn't.  His surrogates have.  And in a dozen media events since, not a single reporter has asked him about it.  Of course it's newsworthy.  

It seems like your perception of this is filtered through your support for Joe Biden.  It's understandable- a lot of people who have committed to Biden as the conduit for removing Trump are now engaging in the same smear tactics they condemned Republicans for.  But given how uninformed and delusional even just this single paragraph is, it's hard to take the rest of your position seriously.  

She didn't change her story.  She opened up with more details over time- a normal process for sexual assault survivors.  As we can see now, she wasn't wrong to think malignant Joe Biden supporters will latch onto the flimsiest pieces of "evidence" and spin them in the worst way possible.  

The Katie Halper show is not extreme right wing media.  Reade voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016.  She supported Elizabeth Warren initially.  She is refusing to vote in this election for either alleged rapist.  She personally asked Trump Jr. not to use her assault for political gain.  

She's reached out to progressive orgs, politicians, and other media outlets with little to no success.  She avoided Marcotte because Nathan Robinson assessed, correctly, that she was out to write a smear piece on Reade.  It's really a lose/lose situation- go to the wrong press and have her story twisted, or avoid them and have her integrity questioned.  

No he hasn't.  His surrogates have.  And in a dozen media events since, not a single reporter has asked him about it.  Of course it's newsworthy.  

It seems like your perception of this is filtered through your support for Joe Biden.  It's understandable- a lot of people who have committed to Biden as the conduit for removing Trump are now engaging in the same smear tactics they condemned Republicans for.  But given how uninformed and delusional even just this single paragraph is, it's hard to take the rest of your position seriously.  
She opened up with more details? Seriously? You mean she invented more details. And how do you know who she voted for? 

Everything I wrote was based on what I’ve read on the mainstream media, which is the only media I trust. If you have a link to dispute what I wrote, Ill consider it so long as it’s from the mainstream media. 

She opened up with more details? Seriously? You mean she invented more details. And how do you know who she voted for? 

Everything I wrote was based on what I’ve read on the mainstream media, which is the only media I trust. If you have a link to dispute what I wrote, Ill consider it so long as it’s from the mainstream media. 
Yes- nothing she said about being digitally penetrated was at odds with her previous claims of inappropriate touching.  That's opening up with more details. 

She said she voted for Hillary Clinton- which is consistent with her professional career as a Democratic aide and public support for Democrats.  

But I'm not sure how to break through mainstream media- which has done all it can to downplay this story after it tried to ignore it for weeks- if all you'll listen to is mainstream media. 

You're basically saying you are willing to reconsider your views on Joe Biden, but only if it comes from outlets that have a vested interest in maintaining access to Joe Biden.  Is the Guardian mainstream enough?  

Why won`t Senator Patti Murray address this or return calls on this matter? As always Twitter bites everyone in the ###.

To all who organized against Judge Kavanaugh, thank you for your hard work. To all survivors of sexual assault, I see you and I believe you. #BelieveSurvivors

— Senator Patty Murray (@MurrayCampaign) October 6, 2018

In 1991, I watched as the Senate failed Anita Hill.
The following year, I ran for Senate and won. I am living proof that if the Senate ignores and dismisses women’s voices, women will rise up. #BelieveSurvivors

— Senator Patty Murray (@MurrayCampaign) September 28, 2018

Your voice, your stories, and your calls DO make a difference. Make sure your senators know you expect them to #BelieveSurvivors and #StopKavanaugh https://t.co/WDXgM9howz

— Senator Patty Murray (@MurrayCampaign) October 4, 2018

You're basically saying you are willing to reconsider your views on Joe Biden, but only if it comes from outlets that have a vested interest in maintaining access to Joe Biden.  Is the Guardian mainstream enough?  
Not in recent years no. I also disagree with your premise and it’s proven to be untrue. The New York Times helped to destroy Hillary’s campaign with its reporting on the email scandal. If a situation is true and deserves to be reported, the mainstream media will cover it. 

Not in recent years no. I also disagree with your premise and it’s proven to be untrue. The New York Times helped to destroy Hillary’s campaign with its reporting on the email scandal. If a situation is true and deserves to be reported, the mainstream media will cover it. 
How many times has the NYT reported on the OPCW whistleblowers that came forward to dispute the official report?  Zero?  Not worthy of being reported?

Neither. But there is extremely good reason to believe Christine Blasey Ford and to not believe Tara Reade, which should be unrelated to one’s political leanings. 
This is laughable.  No credibility or substance. We all know why the left/media don’t believe Tara. It’s obvious, even to those that won’t admit it. 

This is laughable.  No credibility or substance. We all know why the left/media don’t believe Tara. It’s obvious, even to those that won’t admit it. 
This story alone should dispel any doubt who the media serves.

The absolute hypocrisy on this issue is disgusting.   Shame on them.  Shame on anyone who supports them.  Shame on those who supported CBF with ZERO evidence but laugh at this.  Shame on those who virtue signaled their support for #meToo and #believeAllWomen.

Shame.  Shame.  Shame.

This story alone should dispel any doubt who the media serves.

The absolute hypocrisy on this issue is disgusting.   Shame on them.  Shame on anyone who supports them.  Shame on those who supported CBF with ZERO evidence but laugh at this.  Shame on those who virtue signaled their support for #meToo and #believeAllWomen.
Damn. Shame! Shame! Shame! I feel like naked Cersei. 

The issue is not believing one or the other.  But to make a hero out of the one who supports your political agenda and to villianized the one who does not is disgusting.  It shows the outrage was nothing but political showmanship.  The concern about abuse of women comes across a phoney.  Reade's bravery to come out against Biden was at least as much as Ford's and without the obvious agenda that Fors had.  

But your laughing now.
Not really laughing. I’m certainly not laughing at Ms. Reade. I’ve no doubt that Joe Biden touched her inappropriately, talked to her inappropriately, and that the incident stuck with her. Unfortunately it appears that Joe, like so many men of his age, exhibited chauvinist tendencies. Hopefully, largely thanks to the #metoo movement, that behavior is no longer acceptable. I have grave doubts that he hand raped her as she is now claiming. I don’t find that to be consistent with anything we know about him or her. And I think the media has behaved correctly and without hypocrisy, and I am without hypocrisy on this subject. 

So what I was laughing at was all your “shames!” Obviously I don’t find a single one of them warranted. 

In the Ford thread I was a called a pathetic, disgusting human being and questioned how I could even live with myself for even mentioning the issue about why Ford waited so long to tell anyone about being sexually assaulted.  Today the fact the Reade 'changed' her story to now raise the accusation to sexual assault is proof she is lying.  I am disgusted by the hypocrisy.  Sorry. 

Users who are viewing this thread