What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Never Be Broken - EVER (With Pole) (1 Viewer)

which is toughest to achieve?

• Back to Back to Back No-Hitters

Votes: 64 41.0%
  • 2,663 Consecutive Games Played

Votes: 73 46.8%
  • 57 Game Hitting Streak

Votes: 19 12.2%

• Total voters
I voted back to back to back no hitters, but it is probably a realistic tie between that and 2,663 games played.  Neither one will be done in today's modern game.  Pitchers don't complete games very often and the likelyhood of being allowed 3 complete games in a row with pitch count monitoring is pretty slim.  Unless Dusty Baker is the manager.  And no one is getting 2,663 games without a day off with load monitoring anymore.
However, managers let pitchers go deeper if there is a perfect/no hitter on the line.  If a pitcher had a no hitter and went deep into the next game with no hits the manager would most likely let them keep going.  Also, typically (not always) pitch counts stay down with no hitters because there aren't a lot of baserunners.  I don't think the lesser complete games these days would be a factor.  The actual performance of maintaining a no hitter would be the deciding factor more often than not.

According to the Google, JVD also went 3 hitless innings in the game after his b2b no-no's.  So let's say someone manages to throw b2b no-hitters in the future, then in their 3rd start they make it through the 4th inning before giving up a hit.  I would argue that they've beaten Vandy's record.  Extremely unlikely to ever happen in the remaining history of baseball, but it's not completely impossible 

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Google, JVD also went 3 hitless innings in the game after his lb2bno-no's.  So let's say someone manages to throw b2b no-hitters in the future, then in their 3rd start they make it to the 4th inning before giving up a hit.  I would argue that they've beaten Vandy's record.  Extremely unlikely to ever happen in the remaining history of baseball, but it's not completely impossible 
ooooookayyyy ... ayfkm?

:lmao:

the mark is back to back ... the only thing that bests that is B2B2B. 

In 1961-62, Wilt Chamberlain averaged 48.52 minutes per game. The top seven spots are all held by Chamberlain. The only active player in the top 250 is LeBron James who managed 42.4 in 2005-06. The best anyone has done in the last twenty years was Allen Iverson with 43.7.

Despyzer said:
In 1961-62, Wilt Chamberlain averaged 48.52 minutes per game. The top seven spots are all held by Chamberlain. The only active player in the top 250 is LeBron James who managed 42.4 in 2005-06. The best anyone has done in the last twenty years was Allen Iverson with 43.7.
Their backup center sure had an easy job.

Despyzer said:
4 periods x 12 mins per = 48. 

lotta OT, i s'pose

:coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread