What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stupid Things Your Dog Does... (1 Viewer)

Complete mutt, some mix of rat terrier, German Shepard, and other stuff. Got him from a rescue. 

- literally cannot wear a collar. It won't stay on. His neck is bigger than the biggest part of his skull. Which might not be a stupid thing he does, he kept taking it off until we just got him a harness, and he's chipped. 

- shakes his butt like Beyonce when he walks.  His hips don't lie.

- chases after rabbits in our backyard, he caught one, put it in his mouth, brought it up to the porch (maybe 50 yards), put it down as a gift to my 9yo. Rabbit was fine, hopped away after I took the dog into the house.  

- a few times my kids have left the back gate open, which goes to a woods / greenway. He's left the yard, walked at least 5 houses down where some don't have fences, come back to our front door, scratched on the door to be let in, looking proud. 

My wife thinks he's dumb but a great family dog, I think he's surprisingly smart.

I have to add to my post earlier......... the cat - almost as big as the 25 pound rat terrier - is poly dactyl  - is a beast of a cat - just big boned and solid. Anyway, the cat will wait for the dog to come by and then swat at him and run. Of course, the dog chases him and the cat runs to my wife and meows like "Help me!". My wife always scolds the dog. I have told her countless times... UM, the cat picked that and tricked you. I am not sure she believes me. I have to record that one of these days.

The other bizarre thing my dog does..... will chase a tennis ball inside the house and play fetch etc. just like a normal dog.  Go outside, throw a ball, he will look at you like you are dumb. BUT, go outside and throw a snowball down the driveway or throw them in the yard... he will chase them, bring them back and eventually eat them for hours. You have to end the game before he gets too cold cause he will eat snow to the point he is shivering..... and he still wants to play. ( We live in NE ohio so there is plenty of snow) - I have gotten to the point of freezing snowballs at the end of the winter and throwing them for him randomly when it is not remotely winter time just because he has such a blast chasing them bringing them back, eating part of it and begging you to throw it again!
Speaking of snow, my dog goes nuts when I shovel.  And when I throw it, she literally does flips trying to catch it.  She has taken a few shots to the face with way more than she was expecting.

Loki, our 5 lbs. Yorki-Maltipoo humps the #### out of the "extra" bed.  We have an extra bed just for him to hump.  Then after 2 minutes of vigorous humping his nurses on the bed corner.  Sometimes he will hump and nurse at the same time.  Poor boy is confused.

His sister Luna (from the same litter ) is about 8 lbs and humps him only.  And he just sits there and takes it.  Although in all other things, (chewys, toys, strangers) he is the dominate one.

Strange pair.

Same cockapoo from an earlier post:

He walks like how a person drives a car. There's forward and reverse. 

In other words, he doesn't turn around when he wants to go back. He simply goes in reverse and walks backwards. And not just for a step or two. I've seen him go 5+ feet in reverse. He doesn't seem to understand that he can pivot and turn himself around in one motion so he just walks backwards if he wants to go back. 

Users who are viewing this thread