What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Protest-RIOT Thread*** Police Officers fleeing Seattle and urban areas. (1 Viewer)

Very few people are saying any violence, vandalism is ok. 

The question is how you stop it? The Feds apparently aren’t going to do anything if what I’m hearing is correct and I’d argue they are going to make things worse. 

The president hyping it every day like he’s going to crack skulls is definitely not helping. 
I know..All the Presidents fault. As usual for this board.  Meanwhile, people are trying to compare it to the boston tea party, or saying that "it's just a small area"(clearly my favorite justification ever here).

Then it went from a small block, to 3 to 5 blocks.  And some others are saying that none of this would ever happen if black people stop being murdered.  But black people are murdered every single day, especially in cities like Chicago so who knows what that meant.

But, yeah..all the President's fault.   

I DON'T CARE.  Why is that so hard for you to understand.  Are you purposely putting up a mental block?  Protest all day, 24/7 for all I care. but do it PEACEFULLY.  Why on earth can you not grasp that concept?
:lmao:

its not a "protest" if it is out-of-sight-out-of-mind

Feds are leaving Portland with their tails between their legs.  They lost.  We won.  Another black eye for Mr. Trump.  
Hmmmmmmmm, seems there is some confusion on the matter

As I told the Governor yesterday, federal law enforcement will remain in Portland until the violent activity toward our federal facilities ends. We are not removing any law enforcement while our facilities and law enforcement remain under attack.

— Acting Secretary Chad Wolf (@DHS_Wolf) July 29, 2020

I know..All the Presidents fault. As usual for this board.  Meanwhile, people are trying to compare it to the boston tea party, or saying that "it's just a small area"(clearly my favorite justification ever here).

Then it went from a small block, to 3 to 5 blocks.  And some others are saying that none of this would ever happen if black people stop being murdered.  But black people are murdered every single day, especially in cities like Chicago so who knows what that meant.

I didn’t say it’s all his fault. I said he’s not helping. 

I DON'T CARE.  Why is that so hard for you to understand.  Are you purposely putting up a mental block?  Protest all day, 24/7 for all I care. but do it PEACEFULLY.  Why on earth can you not grasp that concept?
I grasp it.  How about the police stop killing black people who are begging for their lives on film.  Can we stop doing that too?  If we can stop that - I think and it's just a hunch -  the protests will end.  

I grasp it.  How about the police stop killing black people who are begging for their lives on film.  Can we stop doing that too?  If we can stop that - I think and it's just a hunch -  the protests will end.  
While we are at it,  since we are adding conditions, can we eliminate all murder?  Why stop at just this??

Also it’s not this board.

The majority of the country don’t agree with how he is handling this.

Hmmmmmmmm, seems there is some confusion on the matter

As I told the Governor yesterday, federal law enforcement will remain in Portland until the violent activity toward our federal facilities ends. We are not removing any law enforcement while our facilities and law enforcement remain under attack.

— Acting Secretary Chad Wolf (@DHS_Wolf) July 29, 2020
well, hell.....I don't know what to believe anymore.  I'm going to pick berries. 

That’s not what I meant to imply. The country doesn’t agree with how he is handling this issue. If you do that’s fine but it’s not the majority opinion so it’s not that “the board” that is out of step or ultra liberal, etc.
I don't understand your point at all.  This board is liberal and very anti trump.   What the rest of your point is doesn't mean anything 

I don't understand your point at all.  This board is liberal and very anti trump.   What the rest of your point is doesn't mean anything 
I’m not sure what to you are asking. 

The board is liberal. 

The majority of the country disagrees with how Trump is handling the protests. 

If you are of the opinion that Trump is handling this properly you are of the minority opinion. 

The board is liberal. 

If you are of the opinion that Trump is handling this properly you are of the minority opinion. 
while the posting member of the board maybe liberal leaning, one of the owners certainly is not.

I don't think the Fed courthouse will burn down.  I have more faith in our citizens.
At least up here there are some "professional" protesters who are pretty much ### holes. It's a small number of people but they are pretty dangerous and thrive on these situations.

In a perfect world there would be a way to weed them out of the legit protesters without a complete disaster. 

I mean....it's just a building.  It's not like a life is lost.  That's a bigger concern for me.
Patrick Underwood, 53, a federal officer, died as he was providing security at a U.S. courthouse in Oakland, Calif., during a protest when someone fired shots from a vehicle. Another officer was critically wounded.

It wasn’t immediately clear if the drive-by shooting was related to the protests, though the federal building’s glass doors were smashed and the front entrance was sprayed with anti-police graffiti. No one has been arrested.

Underwood, who was black, and the other officer were contracted security officers employed by the Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Protective Service. They were monitoring a nearby protest.

Patrick Underwood, 53, a federal officer, died as he was providing security at a U.S. courthouse in Oakland, Calif., during a protest when someone fired shots from a vehicle. Another officer was critically wounded.

It wasn’t immediately clear if the drive-by shooting was related to the protests, though the federal building’s glass doors were smashed and the front entrance was sprayed with anti-police graffiti. No one has been arrested.

Underwood, who was black, and the other officer were contracted security officers employed by the Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Protective Service. They were monitoring a nearby protest.
No one talks about this. I don't know if Trump has even mentioned it.

The killer was arrested and he is part of the "Boogaloo" group that is a far-right anti-government group.

No one talks about this. I don't know if Trump has even mentioned it.

The killer was arrested and he is part of the "Boogaloo" group that is a far-right anti-government group.
Left-winger paints graffiti = Trump sends federal troops to patrol city streets

Right-winger murders federal officer = :crickets:

The board is liberal. 

Yeah I know..HOW this came up when I said this board is Anti trump and Liberal I don't know, but yes, I agree with you.   🤪 

Coming out. The "Umbrella Man",  one of the original violent protesters in the Minneapolis protests was also far right.  White supremacist.   

Users who are viewing this thread