What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I, for one, welcome... (1 Viewer)

El Floppo

Footballguy
Our new military robot dog overlords.

Should be fine, right?

Emerging from United States Air Force planes, four-legged robot dogs scampered onto an airfield in the Mojave Desert, offering a possible preview into the future of warfare.

But the exercise conducted last week, one of the US military's largest ever high-tech experiments, wasn't a movie set.

Flying into a possibly hostile airstrip aboard an Air Force C-130, the robot dogs were sent outside the aircraft to scout for threats before the humans inside would be exposed to them, according to an Air Force news release dated September 3.

The electronic canines are just one link in what the US military calls the Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS). It uses artificial intelligence and rapid data analytics to detect and counter threats to US military assets in space and possible attacks on the US homeland with missiles or other means

In related news, researchers have also created a dating app that matches you up with a partner for a predetermined and fixed period of time.
😆

I like this episode of Black Mirror. 
Yup, the episode was Metalhead.  Watched that episode and knew that it was/would be a real thing.

Also, seeing real robotic videos where they can open closed doors, do flips, and run full speed...we're on borrowed time.

Why is that called a dog? I mean, I was expecting an actual robot dog not just a one of those robots we watched a zillion times on YouTube that won’t fall over when kicked.

I mean, if you are going to call it a robot dog then it better be a cool looking robot dog.

Can't believe nobody slipped in a Dogs Of War reference yet. Or dogs playing poker, even. My God, we're doomed aren't we? It won't come at the hands of Big Brother, but Big Robot. Jesus, we're wasteful and innefficient. But we're pretty cool. What happens to us?

Users who are viewing this thread