What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Diesel vs. Gas (1 Viewer)

Marmalade

Footballguy
Looking at a diesel truck the new 2020 Ram 6 cylinder turbo diesel.    https://www.ramtrucks.com/ecodiesel.html

Question is for those who own a diesel engine is it worth the extra money?  

I drive 20k miles a year.  Will probably never pull anything.  

Diesel fuel costs more, but mileage is better (RAM 2020 turbo diesel is 29 highway)

I know costs are higher for maintenance. 

Thoughts?  

Diesel vs. Gas?

You haven't told us if it's Shaq Diesel yet. Makes a difference.

Or if it's Diesel cologne vs. everyday gas.

Regardless, always stick with ChiefD. Diesel >>>>>> gas

Has its own pump at the pump, too. That's how bad-### it is. Forget that Mercedes ever dabbled in it and remember that. 

I test drove the eco-diesel before getting my 2019 Ram 1500 and I could not justify it purchasing it. It seemed sluggish compared to the hemi. As part of my regular driving I pull out from a dead stop onto 50 mph frontage roads with lots of traffic. The ecodiesel felt too slow to perform this task compared to the hemi.

In addition there are many reliability concerns as it relates to the current gen eco-diesel and the fact that they typically cost 5k more than a comparably equipped hemi made the decision easy for me.

They are releasing the next gen of eco-diesels in a few months. This may fix many of the reliability concerns that the current gen has.

I would check in on some of the RAM owner forums to get their take on the 1/2 ton diesel. With a 1/2 ton I think the decision is based simply on fuel cost/economy and engine longevity.  The 1/2 ton frame is still limited for towing.  The small diesels are very different from their larger Cummins counterparts and I'm not sure offer the same potential longevity.

First, buy a Ford. 

2nd, if you are not pulling often I would go with a gas engine. Lower cost, cheaper oil changes, no carbon build up. 

Users who are viewing this thread