What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.1 and 1.3 (1 Viewer)

RoninJT

Footballguy
I have 1.1 and 1.3 in my rookie dynasty draft. Line-up format is such that you can start any number of WR up to 5 but can only start up to 2 RB within those 5 spots. I already have Leonard Fournette and will obviously be taking Barkley with 1.1. The question then becomes, who do I take at 1.3? My only star WR is Keenan Allen. I have enough WR to fill out my starting line-up but I'm not terribly happy with what I have beyond Keenan Allen. I know the best player available is going to be a RB but with the exception of bye weeks I won't be able to start whichever RB I'd take at 1.3. I would be able to start whichever WR I take at 1.3 though. Also, I have reason to suspect that 1.2 is going to be Calvin Ridley. 

Scoring is a scaling PPR. RB gets .5, WR get 1, TE gets 1.5 PPR. 

I'm really torn what to do here. I've tried feeling out for a trade to move down from 1.3 but so far no one seems interested.

I agree with jwsbowler maybe grab the best Rb and cpl him with one of your Wr for a better Wr on a team that needs that Rb. Also not a bad thing to have decent spare Rb in case of injury bug.

Take a RB, but if you really want a WR see if you can trade the 1.3 for a draft pick in the 1.6 to 1.8 range and some extra consideration...but I would take a RB. 

Don't force a wr.  The 1.03 is not worth using 9n any rookie wr.  Take the RB you like best.

If you really want a wr you should be able to trade the 1.03 for a better we than you can draft.

Piling on here, but don't take a receiver. Trade back or trade 1.03 to a running back needy team for a receiver. Also for the record leagues that limit flexibility like this stink.

Keep in mind, in this league you could start 5 WRs and no RBs or TEs. WR is the only offensive flex you have to at least have 1 starter for.  

Assuming I can't manage an acceptable trade for my 1.3 pick, who is everyone's #2 RB option in this draft class? I just made my 1.1 pick so I now officially have Leonard Fournette and Saquon Barkley. I'm on the fence between the next few RBs though. There doesn't seem a clear cut #2 to me personally. 

Update: I was able to parlay 1.03 into T.Y. Hilton and 1.11. I might not get the best player in all this but that should help my team a lot more than Guice would have (sitting on the bench behind Barkley and Fournette).

Update: I was able to parlay 1.03 into T.Y. Hilton and 1.11. I might not get the best player in all this but that should help my team a lot more than Guice would have (sitting on the bench behind Barkley and Fournette).
I am not a fan of Hilton at this point so I don't really like the deal but understand why you did it. 

Not horrible. 

Further update: 1.11 has come and gone now. I drafted Courtland Sutton. Moore, Kirk, and Ridley were already taken. Gallup and Miller were still available. Honestly, Sutton was the WR I was highest on to begin with. I wouldn't argue he should be the first WR drafted but I absolutely love his upside potential. 

Users who are viewing this thread