What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1 Keeper League + Rookies: who would you rather have? (1 Viewer)

EjectGoose

Footballguy
In a 12-team standard league. 1 franchise player, and then 1 rookie can be kept with 2 rounds of protection (e.g. keep a rookie in the 5th, someone would have to draft him 24 picks earlier in the 3rd to poach).

My team this season is basically out of contention so I'm trying to put myself in best possible position for next year. Which of these scenarios would you prefer for 2024?

1) Franchise Player: Kelce, Rookie: Addison in the 4th/5th

2) Franchise Player: Chase, Rookie: Addison in the 4th/5th

3) Franchise Player: Pollard, Rookie: Bijan in the 2nd

I have Kelce, and am on the fence about his value/durability next season given his age. If I were to trade Kelce, teams with Chase and Bijan are potentially interested.

Thoughts? Thanks for your input!

How long can you keep a guy? This matters when deciding between Chase and Kelce.

In a vacuum I would prefer Chase as my franchise guy and depending on starting requirements would influence my rookie xhoice

Can keep a guy as many seasons as you'd like.

Bijan's value next season is significant though--assuming he's likely to be a first round pick, which I could basically get as 3rd round value (2 rounds + all the franchise players). But in order to do this my franchise player would not be as strong (Pollard at this point instead of Kelce or Chase, assuming I'm not able to make an additional trade)

Start 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE. No flex.

Users who are viewing this thread