What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

14 -16 Team Y! League, non-PPR Double Flex, $110 Buy-in (PayPal), 3RR Draft 9/4! (1 Viewer)

The Frankman

Footballguy
spacer.png
Yeah, we back... and even better than ever! This is the NBC SportsEdge interest thread for the Yahoo! Fantasy Football Play or Die! League (Season 9). It's going to be a 14-16 team non-PPR League (PPR IS STILL/ALWAYS HAS BEEN THE DEVIL!), in which 8 teams will make the playoffs and Top 4 get payouts (getting 4th should get you your initial buy-in back). The buy-in this year is $110 dollars; as usual the percentages will be skewed more towards the Top 2 so making the Fantasy SuperBowl nets you a nice chunk of change. League Dues collection will start Saturday, August 6th. As of now, we have 2 (?) open spots but that may increase so I will also have a waitlist ready; all info will be updated in the official Yahoo! League thread.

Here are links to previous seasons (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). I decided to start my own league in 2014 on SLAENT.com focused on tougher rules but more variety/innovation in play style, calling it the Play or Die! League: listed are Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and here we are for Season 9. So what's new, you may ask?

*ALL RULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
League Draft/Start Date: (Tentative) Sunday, September 4th at 8:00pm EST
Draft:
Snake Draft with 3rd Round Reversal (Automated in advance with FantasyNerds' Random Draft tool)
Buy-in: $110, using PayPal (CONTACT ME VIA PM FOR PAYPAL ADDRESS WITH TEAM NAME/ResetERA NAME! and the name displayed for you on Yahoo!)
Payout: Top 4

Link to League Scoring Settings

Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: 70 (Down from 72)
Max Acquisitions per Week: 7
Max Trades for Entire Season: No maximum
Trade End Date: November 19th, (Week 10?) 2022
Waiver Type:
FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
Weekly Waivers: Game Time - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Playoff Reseeding: No
Divisions: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
League Pickem: Yes
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, 2 IR-COVID-19 spots (for 16 teams)

Kickers League Value
Field Goals Total Yards:
0.075 points per yard (True Fractional scoring plus the "40 Gate" system)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards:
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards: -0.8
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards: -1.2
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards: -1.6
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards: -2
Point After Attempt Made: 1
Point After Attempt Missed: -0.5

Buy-In (Official for 16 people)
1st gets $858
2nd gets $506
3rd gets $286
4th gets $110 (get Buy-In back)

Formula
16 people x $110 = $1,760 Pot
1st gets 48.75%
2nd gets 28.75%
3rd gets 16.25%
4th gets Remaining Cash

General Rules:
Everyone gets Two Trade Pushes -
If you need a trade automatically pushed, the person requesting the push must contact me through the App/IM (unless usage of a push is part of the deal).
Fractional Kicking Scoring has been tweaked: Due to issues people had with kickers scoring a lot if they kicked like 6 field goals (kickers are not actual NFL players I guess?), I tweaked the Fractional Scoring formula so that to get 3 points for a FG they have to kick it at least 40 yards, a.k.a a "40 Gate". Shorter FGs will barely generate points and misses are roughly half the points negatively.
Make Sure You Log In Once Every Seven Days:
In order to curb absentee owners, you are required to login once in a 7 day period... it's impossible to run your FAAB waivers, do you lineup stuff, and make changes to your team if you don't even log in for the week. If 7 days pass from the last login period I will send a mass e-mail to everyone and give the offender a warning for the future. After that if logging in once during a 7 day period continues to be a problem and other people complain that the person doesn't respond to PMs/can't be contacted, they run the risk losing their team. Communication issues are the one thing I can't stand in a league where it costs over $100 to enter; that's why I keep saying people need to update contact info, post on the Yahoo League Thread if they have issues and DL the Yahoo Fantasy app. This isn't a Best Ball League; people can't just join and be impossible to contact, especially when fielding trade offers. In short, download of the Yahoo Sports FF App is STRONGLY ADVISED. Do it.

Changes (PLEASE READ):
3rd Round Reversal enters the fray –
As a way to make the draft a bit fairer, I'm adding 3RR to the Snake format. For those who don't know what it is, 3RR makes the draft fairer to those picking in the bottom half of the draft by reversing the order at the start of the 3rd round. I'm including three articles here for you guys to read and familiarize yourselves with it

Sleeper - What Is 3rd Round Reversal?
r/FF - Best draft position for 3rd round reversal?
FTN - How to approach third-round reversal drafts (2021 article)

Draft Spots will be chosen: Starting last year we automated our draft after all payments were accepted using the FantasyNerds Random Draft Tool so people could know their draft spot in advance. Since we are using 3RR, I've decided that would determine the order of your choice instead. If you get the #5 spot, you have the #5 choice of what draft spot you want.

Play or Die: Every Spot Has To Be Filled: I've thought about situations where people didn't account for Bye Weeks and just not start a QB/TE because they didn't want to use a spot on the roster/move a guy. To me, that forgives poor planning and roster construction. In this League you must start a player every week at every start-able position. In past years I imposed a point penalty for this, which resulted in people legit waiting until the last second to decide whether to take said penalty and if they were going to win the week despite a penalty, take it anyway. This was exacerbated with the unfortunate incident with Randy's Dandies last year, a player who went AWOL at times dealing with family issues. So in order to resolve both issues in the future, I've decided to remove the point penalty and just use this guideline:

If you do not start a player at every startable spot w/ no communication and it's obvious you don't want to make a roster move for a kicker/Defense/etc., YOU LOSE YOUR TEAM. Simple.

Now, it's a judgement call and obviously there are exceptions to this: You can have player injuries late in the week, Gameday pre-game injuries or designations where a player is Questionable and then ruled Out late (not sure about Doubtful). Each instance will be evaluated individually; However, if you run out of transactions for the week with a player on Bye in a starting spot you will be penalized. You are responsible for planning out the off days/Byes of your team, especially during the draft. If you know you have 5 players post-draft with the same Bye two months later, prepare to make a trade/release people to resolve that. No shenanigans, no "gamemanship" issues. You probably joined this league because it pays out more than the average league; all I ask is to run your team every week. You communicate and prep in advance, you will have no issues.

This is what I have so far, but the list will get longer. Note, this is only an interest thread; one you join all league posts will be through the actual Yahoo! league forum or IMing through the Yahoo! Fantasy Sports App. This league will run regardless of 14 or 16 people, and I implore you to please be informed about the state of the NFL and rules of this league if you want to go ahead and join this year. THIS IS NOT A LEAGUE FOR NEWBIE FANTASY FOOTBALL PLAYERS; this is a bit tougher due to smaller benches/limited transactions. Don't be that guy who ragequits a league with no heads-up if you didn't read anything in the rules and you find out the draft is 3RR and you did no draft practice.

COVID-19 Rules

1)
All teams will have 2 COVID/IR roster spots; 1 for normal IR – Just in case we get a flare-up I am keeping 2 COVID/IR spots as well as one spot for regular IR. You cannot have a player who is on normal IR put in one of the two COVID/IR spots.

2) People diagnosed with COVID-19 are off limits - You may *NOT* pick up and stash any IR-COVID players that were on the waiver wire when their status was changed. If a player diagnosed with COVID-19 is dropped from a roster he *CANNOT* be picked up to stash on your IR-COVID roster. Once their status reverts back to active, they are free game to be picked up on WAIVERS, not FA.

3) The league payouts are changed based on what happens during the season:

* If 10 or fewer games are played and the season is canceled, no payouts will occur and all monies are refunded OR can be rolled to entry into the 2022 league (your choice).

* If 11-14 games are played but the playoffs don't start (aka we don't reach Week 15), payouts will occur based on what place you are in when the season ended after tiebreakers.

* If we make it to the playoffs but the season ends, payouts will occur based on seeding.

4) Draft will be no earlier than the week before the season starts - First game is Thursday, September 8th. The Draft will be no earlier than September 3rd in order to best navigate late preseason injuries/cuts/COVID stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread