What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

16 teams. 20 rounds. Target which round? (1 Viewer)

What round would you target for taking your first IDP?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• >15

• Total voters

Uncle Humuna

Footballguy
16 team redraft league.20 player rosters (20 round draft).Start:1 QB1 RB1 WR2 RB/WR1 TE1 K1 DB1 LB/DL2 DB/LB/DLScoring:Any TD = 630 yrds passing = 115 yrds rush/rec = 125 yrds returning = 1Int Thrown/Fumb. Lost = -2Any 2 pt conv. = 2PAT = 1FG < 50 yrds = 3FG > 50 yrds = 4Solo = 1Sack = 2FF = 3FR = 2PD = 1Int = 3Safety = 2Block Kick = 3Obviously, things depend on how the drafting goes and you need to be flexible,but given these particulars, what round would you at least target, for taking your 1st IDP?

Last edited by a moderator:
Course its all relative to "value", but here's my 2 centsI'd say it depends on if your IDP knowledge is > or < the guys in your league.If you are >>, you can wait and load up on depth at other positions longer...lets say Rd 12-15 depending on value.If you are = or <, you might have to start drafting them earlier, say Rd 8-9.

Course its all relative to "value", but here's my 2 cents

I'd say it depends on if your IDP knowledge is > or < the guys in your league.

If you are >>, you can wait and load up on depth at other positions longer...lets say Rd 12-15 depending on value.

If you are = or <, you might have to start drafting them earlier, say Rd 8-9.
Thanks for the input Pismo-bro.I started off owning the league in regards to IDP knowledge,

but each year, they're catching up more and more.

During the season, I definitely have been the one most on top

of up and comers, and FA gems.

I'm pretty much planning on doing what you outlined (late rounds), but will maybe grab one stud earlier (~9), and then fill out the rest starting in the 13th.

Draft is in 10 days.

Giddy as a schoolgirl . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't wait too long in this format.Yes it is true that the waiver wire will always appear to have quality IDPs with such small rosters, but IMO that just makes the true studs all that more valuable.Peppers, Reed, Bulluck, Lewis are all monsters in this format.I would suggest waiting on your QB and then going back to back in the 10th/11th rounds. Your TE can also wait until the 9th through 13th range. PK dead last of course.Start with 5 rounds of RB/WR and then beginning in the 6th round start adding some stud IDPs.

You can't wait too long in this format.

Yes it is true that the waiver wire will always appear to have quality IDPs with such small rosters, but IMO that just makes the true studs all that more valuable.

Peppers, Reed, Bulluck, Lewis are all monsters in this format.

I would suggest waiting on your QB and then going back to back in the 10th/11th rounds. Your TE can also wait until the 9th through 13th range. PK dead last of course.

Start with 5 rounds of RB/WR and then beginning in the 6th round start adding some stud IDPs.
Appreciate the input!Some great insights.

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread