What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1QB / .5 ppr trade (1 Viewer)

oukurt

Footballguy
TRADE 

Team A gave up Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.03; Year 2022 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team A

Team A Roster:

Goff, Jared DET QB

Prescott, Dak DAL QB 

Dallas, DeeJay SEA RB

Evans, Darrynton TEN RB

McKissic, J.D. WAS RB

Mixon, Joe CIN RB

White, James NEP RB

Cole, Keelan NYJ WR 

Godwin, Chris TBB WR  

Jefferson, Justin MIN WR 

Kirk, Christian ARI WR 

Landry, Jarvis CLE WR

Reynolds, Josh TEN WR

Graham, Jimmy CHI TE 

Schultz, Dalton DAL TE

Team B gave up Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.07; Year 2022 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B

Team B Roster:

Cousins, Kirk MIN QB

Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB

Ryan, Matt ATL QB

Bernard, Giovani TBB RB

Dillon, AJ GBP RB

Dobbins, J.K. BAL RB

Gordon, Melvin DEN RB

Johnson, David HOU RB

Cooks, Brandin HOU WR

Guyton, Jalen LAC WR

Jackson, DeSean LAR WR

Johnson, Diontae PIT WR

Moore, D.J. CAR WR

Patrick, Tim DEN WR

Howard, O.J. TBB TE (Q)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reasonable offer but rosters would dictate which side I like better.  It would also be helpful to know who will likely be there at 1.03.  Is this the kind of league that takes Chase and Pitts at 1 & 2?  

Also what area will the 2022 first likely fall (early, middle, late)?

My first impression is I like the Team A set better. But it's a close one. I don't think either side is getting ripped off.

Reasonable offer but rosters would dictate which side I like better.  It would also be helpful to know who will likely be there at 1.03.  Is this the kind of league that takes Chase and Pitts at 1 & 2?  

Also what area will the 2022 first likely fall (early, middle, late)?
Likely draft picks would be Harris, Chase 

Rosters

Team A

Herbert, Justin LAC QB

Jones, Daniel NYG QB

Trubisky, Mitchell BUF QB

Winston, Jameis NOS QB

Akers, Cam LAR RB

Drake, Kenyan LVR RB

Hill, Brian TEN RB

Johnson, Kerryon PHI RB

McFarland, Anthony PIT RB

Singletary, Devin BUF RB

Gallup, Michael DAL WR

Golladay, Kenny NYG WR

Hill, Tyreek KCC WR

Jones, Marvin JAC WR

Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR

Mack, Austin NYG WR

Shenault, Laviska JAC WR

Tate, Auden CIN WR 

Ebron, Eric PIT TE

Hurst, Hayden ATL TE

Njoku, David CLE TE

Thomas, Logan WAS TE

Team B

Goff, Jared DET QB 

Prescott, Dak DAL QB  

Dallas, DeeJay SEA RB

Evans, Darrynton TEN RB

McKissic, J.D. WAS RB

Mixon, Joe CIN RB 

White, James NEP RB 

Wilkins, Jordan IND RB 

Bourne, Kendrick NEP WR 

Cole, Keelan NYJ WR 

Godwin, Chris TBB WR

Humphries, Adam WAS WR

Jefferson, Justin MIN WR

Kirk, Christian ARI WR 

Landry, Jarvis CLE WR 

Reynolds, Josh TEN WR

Sims, Cam WAS WR

Graham, Jimmy CHI TE 

Schultz, Dalton DAL TE

Thanks for having a look. Appreciated.

Team A weakest position RB . Team B weakest position RB.
You were not kidding! We've all been there, though -- I think I have never had even one truly good RB, except when I inherited Marshawn Lynch when I took my team 7 or 8 years ago. I think the best performer I've gotten all this time was Isaiah Crowell. Hopeful for this year though.

Anyway ... That 1.03 looks a bit more valuable now. Although I would expect neither Etienne nor Williams to be a stud this year ... Carter probably has a better chance this year than those two, but it wouldn't be worth it to reach for him. Dunno, I'm torn between the two sets.

You were not kidding! We've all been there, though -- I think I have never had even one truly good RB, except when I inherited Marshawn Lynch when I took my team 7 or 8 years ago. I think the best performer I've gotten all this time was Isaiah Crowell. Hopeful for this year though.

Anyway ... That 1.03 looks a bit more valuable now. Although I would expect neither Etienne nor Williams to be a stud this year ... Carter probably has a better chance this year than those two, but it wouldn't be worth it to reach for him. Dunno, I'm torn between the two sets.
Ha! I took over this orphaned team 3 years ago. It was a mess. 
Have been able to add Prescott, Godwin and Jefferson.

I scrapped that trade in the O P and was able to negotiate me trading 2021 1.03 & 2022 2nd rounder for 1.07 and 2022 1st rounder. I felt strongly about dropping back to 1.07 and no further. At worst I am drafting WRs Smith or Waddle. It doesn’t solve my RB situation but I add what I hope is a 3rd starter at WR. As for my RB dilemma, after Harris I just didn’t feel good about any other RBs this year. I love the WR depth though. If Carter or Sermon fall to me at 2.03, I may take a flier. If not I may take a QB (Lance if he is there) for depth or possible trade. E Moore and T Marshall are possibilities at 2.03 as well. 

Again thanks for comments.

After looking at rosters I stay put if I am Team B and draft Williams at 1.03.  
I may regret not taking Pitts,  ETN or Williams. I just trust my rookie draft skill and think I land an elite rookie WR at 1.07 and then take BPA at 2.03. I always try to draft BPA and trade for team needs. 

This year, I don't put a lot of emphasis on drafting RBs, even though in future years a few of them may pay off for their team.

If I had a choice of Pitts, Chase, or any RB at pick three, I wouldn't even consider a RB.

Disclaimer: I am very high on both Pitts and Chase. 

Also over time, fantasy RBs are kind of losing their luster, and the passing game emphasis is taking over.

Also with short shelf life drat BPA and picking up a decent veteran back may be better for your team.

oukurt said:
I may regret not taking Pitts,  ETN or Williams. I just trust my rookie draft skill and think I land an elite rookie WR at 1.07 and then take BPA at 2.03. I always try to draft BPA and trade for team needs. 
I just think there are a lot of good WR's these days so they are undervalued some.  Even if you get an "elite" guy which is unlikely at 1.07.  There are a lot of good WR's that you can pick relatively easily these days.  Give me the premier pick.  

Why unlikely? You must not think there is much depth in this rookie crop.

I love what both Alabama WRs bring to the table. Look forward to adding another piece to the arsenal while adding a 2022 1st. Could not ask for a better return in that trade. 

Why unlikely? You must not think there is much depth in this rookie crop.

I love what both Alabama WRs bring to the table. Look forward to adding another piece to the arsenal while adding a 2022 1st. Could not ask for a better return in that trade. 
I say unlikely because it is unlikely any player becomes "elite".  Can they be a startable WR? That is more likely.  Elite to me is a different standard and by definition doesn’t happen often.

I say unlikely because it is unlikely any player becomes "elite".  Can they be a startable WR? That is more likely.  Elite to me is a different standard and by definition doesn’t happen often.
Maybe elite was too strong of an adjective. It is an adjective isn’t it? :)   

Im just wanting to add another every week starter. I think Waddle or Smith will comfortably provide what I need. A WR1 type that I can plug in for 15-20 points a game in a .5 ppr scoring league. 
With the 2022 1st rounder I picked up, I can focus on landing another starting RB with the two 2022 1st round draft picks I now have. 
Maybe I get lucky and land Michael Carter with my 2021 pick at 2.03?

Maybe I trade my 2022 picks for an established Top 10 RB? It’s nice being able to see light at the end of the tunnel. These orphaned teams are a lot of work ! Ha!

Good luck, Gally. We don’t necessarily agree but I appreciate the feedback regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread