What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1st pick in a draft with lots of keepers (1 Viewer)

Tree44

Footballguy
I'm in a 10-team league where owners can keep two players they drafted or traded for, for two years after they were initially drafted. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, Def. Non-ppr league with standard yardage/scoring. My two keepers are Kupp in the 6th and Hurts in the 10th. Along with Kupp - WRs that are gone include J Jefferson, J Chase, Olave, AJ Brown, AR St Brown, C Lamb, Lockett, Waddle, DK Metcalf.
Pretty much all the top RBs are available - McCaffery, Ekeler, Bijan.
I'm thinking of taking Tyreek overall due to lineup requirements and how many top end WRs are already gone. I know after the first pick, I'll miss the top RBs as I wait until the 2/3 turn with pick # 20 and 21. I do think there will be two good RBs there for the taking. Curious if you would grab Tyreek, or get one of the RBs in this set up? Thanks.

What are your other keeper options? No way I keep a QB in a 1 QB - 10 team league if I had any other plausible options.

As far as who to take, take the best player available regardless of position. Make a combined draft board and take the guy at the top of your list. Don't force positions or try and plan to have choices of some position with your second pick. No way you can bank on that. Just take the guy you have rated the highest and then do the same when it comes to your next pick. The more you try and force positions the more chance you have of taking lesser players and then getting stuck having to take even lesser players because you are too hung up on what position they are.

What are your other keeper options? No way I keep a QB in a 1 QB - 10 team league if I had any other plausible options.

As far as who to take, take the best player available regardless of position. Make a combined draft board and take the guy at the top of your list. Don't force positions or try and plan to have choices of some position with your second pick. No way you can bank on that. Just take the guy you have rated the highest and then do the same when it comes to your next pick. The more you try and force positions the more chance you have of taking lesser players and then getting stuck having to take even lesser players because you are too hung up on what position they are.
Only other real keeper option is Amari Cooper for a 7th rounder. For me even in a 1 QB league, hard not to keep Hurts in the 10th. Mahomes and J Allen have both been kept as 3rd rounders, so the league values the top tier of QBs.

I think that Hurts is a good 10th round pick.
Personally in a non PPR league, WRs aren't as important, so I'd go with McCaffery or Ekeler.

Only other real keeper option is Amari Cooper for a 7th rounder. For me even in a 1 QB league, hard not to keep Hurts in the 10th. Mahomes and J Allen have both been kept as 3rd rounders, so the league values the top tier of QBs.
In that case I would probably roll with Hurts as the 2nd keeper. I just generally don't like to do that because QB is so devalued in a 10 team, 1QB league.

Users who are viewing this thread