What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

(2) Keeper League Decisions: Akers or Elliott? Akers or Fournette? (1 Viewer)

kylechoffman

Footballguy
2 of my leagues run the same format for starters and scoring.  We must keep two players each year based upon where they were drafted the year prior except if they were added as a free agent which counts against your last rounder. Standard scoring (1 per 10 rush/rcv, 1 per 25 pass, 6 pt tds for everyone but qbs, .5 ppr).  We start 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3 flex of RB/WR/TE, a K and D.  

League 1 (10 teams where I draft 1.6)

• D Cook (keep in round 11) - Confirmed keeper
  • Fournette (keep in round 14) 
  • Akers (keep in round 15)
League 2 (12 teams where I draft 10th)

• T Hill (round 12)
  • Zeke (round 12)
  • Akers (Round 16)
We can keep players as long as we want but each year you keep them they cost you a round so Cook will cost a 10th next year, Hill an 11th etc. Whoever I dont keep I will trade in hopes of upgrading a draft pick.  This decision doesnt need to be made this week and seeing Akers in preseason may help this decision. Taking that out of the equation, who would you keep in each league?  

Please leave a link to your question and I will answer. Thanks in advance.

I would keep Fournette over Akers because he has less questions.  Akers has competition and still not sure if he is back to his pre injury form.  

As for the other one I would probably take Tyreek and Akers.  I lean Akers over Zeke just because it's keep forever and Akers upside is worth the risk I mentioned above.  

League 1:  Akers and Fournette probably have comparable risk.  Fournette has less competition for touches in Tampa.  I would lean toward Fournette (even with the Jensen injury).

League 2:  I would keep Hill.  Elliott probably has less tread on the tires than Akers.  Another thing to look at is will Dallas keep Elliott after this year (He's going to cost a lot next year)?  If I knew Elliott was going to land in a good situation (KC like Marcus Allen many moons ago), I would probably keep Elliott.  Safer pick as of now is Akers.

League 2:  I would keep Hill.  Elliott probably has less tread on the tires than Akers.  Another thing to look at is will Dallas keep Elliott after this year (He's going to cost a lot next year)?  If I knew Elliott was going to land in a good situation (KC like Marcus Allen many moons ago), I would probably keep Elliott.  Safer pick as of now is Akers.
How in the world is the bolded anywhere close to being true?  Zeke definitely has more wear and tear on his body than Akers.  Akers does have the big risk of coming off a major I jury but is wear is no where close to Zeke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gally said:
How in the world is the bolded anywhere close to being true?  Zeke definitely has more wear and tear on his body than Akers.
Less tread on the tires is a bad thing, not a good thing (especially when driving on wet roads).

Less tread on the tires is a bad thing, not a good thing (especially when driving on wet roads).
Ah.  Got it.  Sometimes it takes me a minute.  I just "saw" less and didn't think about it....duh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread