What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2 QB League question - Sell Geno Smith; Will help in return (1 Viewer)

KWW104

Footballguy
This is a 10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. We start 2 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, Flex (RB, WR, or TE), K, and DEF. My team is:
QB - Jalen Hurts, Geno Smith
RB - Dalvin Cook, Ezekiel Elliott, Travis Etienne, Eno Benjamin, Jamaal Williams, Raschaad White
WR - Michael Thomas, Amon-Ra St. Brown, A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Diontae Johnson
TE - Tyler Higbee
DEF - 49ers; K - Maher

My team is 2-3 in a logjam for 6th. With bye weeks coming up and only with two QBs, I need some depth since we start two quarterbacks each week. The only viable QB left on the wire is Davis Mills (Texans). There is a team that is 1-4 and needs some help. Their roster is:

QB - Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert, Trevor Lawrence, Kenny Pickett
RB - D'Andre Swift, Dameon Pierce, A.J. Dillon, Melvin Gordon, Brian Robinson
WR - Jaylen Waddle, Adam Thielen, Amari Cooper, George Pickens, Romeo Doubs
TE - Kyle Pitts
DEF - Minnesota; K - McPherson

Was considering offering Geno Smith, Tyler Higbee, and Jamaal Williams (gives him some insurance for Swift if he's not ready after the bye) for Lawrence, Tua, and Pitts. I'm not sure if what Smith is doing is sustainable and Higbee's fantasy season is the result of a dysfunctional Rams office that is dying for a 2nd WR complement to Kupp. This gives me some QB depth assuming Tua is ready down the line and some trade value if I want to move one of the two later on after byes are through. I am betting on Pitts' talent to eventually win out. Thoughts? Otherwise, he needs WR help and I have some depth there.

This will all hinge on how frustrated the owner is with Pitts. Personally, I would keep what you have and pick up Mills for a bye week fill in. He can be productive and I am not so sure that PItts will actually be better than Higbee ROS.

This will all hinge on how frustrated the owner is with Pitts. Personally, I would keep what you have and pick up Mills for a bye week fill in. He can be productive and I am not so sure that PItts will actually be better than Higbee ROS.
He already mentioned he was willing to offer up Pitts. I also had Dalton Schultz on my team but dropped him to pick up Eno Benjamin with the hope that Conner (Darrel Williams is already out this week) will be out for their game at Seattle. My hope is to pick up Dalton to coincide with the return of Dak Prescott. My team is 6th in points scored but has had the 4th highest points scored against. That being said, I don't have a lot of guys with high upside. Davis Mills has shown a floor of 5.8 points and a ceiling of 15.84 points. Even worse, Week 7 they are away where he has worse splits.

Another owner just offered Russell Wilson and James Robinson for Geno Smith. Take it?
Depends on your needs and thoughts about J-Rob and Wilson. I don't think Geno will keep up this ridiculous pace, but I do think he will outperform Wilson ROS.

Another owner just offered Russell Wilson and James Robinson for Geno Smith. Take it?
Depends on your needs and thoughts about J-Rob and Wilson. I don't think Geno will keep up this ridiculous pace, but I do think he will outperform Wilson ROS.
I have another owner that offered Lawrence, Tua, Pitts, and Doubs for Geno, Etienne, Higbee, and Amon-Ra St. Brown. I rejected it because I don't want to lose St. Brown. I told him I would only take Waddle in return at WR.

Having Etienne, I don't want to have both Robinson/Etienne on my roster because I wouldn't even know which of them to play unless there was an injury.

Users who are viewing this thread