What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2 QB league that deeply under values QB (1 Viewer)

jm7489

Footballguy
Format: 2QB 2RB 3WR 1FLEX 1TE 1K 1D, PPR, All kinds of bonus points (300yd pass, 100yd rush/rec, TD of 50+ yeards, etc) 10 Teams

So I've been in this league 3 or 4 years and despite being a 2QB league QBs never come off the board before the 3rd round. I took Mahomes in the back half of the third last year as the first one off the board. While this worked out in some regards it also hurt in that I could have gotten Brady 3 rounds later who ultimately outscored Mahomes.

I wouldn't let Josh Allen slip past me in the third, but if these guys are valuing QB's like normal this year I'd really like to snag QBs like Hurts and Lance a little later. Would you play chicken at try and get big value out of the QB position? Or would you guarantee yourself 2 of the top 8 QB's off the board in rounds 3 and 4?

I want that value but knowing I could pair guys like Murray and Hurts or Jackson and Wilson is extremely tempting.

Where would you stand on your bench QB? Last year I had to start Tua Tags for some games because of the Lamar Jackson injury and it hurt. If people are sleeping on the position a bit is it worth it to draft a high caliber QB3 and maybe even a solid QB4 looking for trade bait? Not usually my style, but with 20Qbs having to start every week, some of them on BYE having a guy who is probably top 15-18 any given week could be desirable

If you have been in the league for 3 or 4 years you should have a decent sample size on when the QB run happens. It should be fairly apparent if they have been consistent (which it seems like they have been based on your question).

I would for sure take Allen in the 2QB league and then I would make sure I got one of Lamar, Mahomes, Murray, or Hurts. I don't trust Lance so I would stay away from him. I like the combo of Allen and then those upside guys but it doesn't really matter which one to me.

If you have been in the league for 3 or 4 years you should have a decent sample size on when the QB run happens. It should be fairly apparent if they have been consistent (which it seems like they have been based on your question).

I would for sure take Allen in the 2QB league and then I would make sure I got one of Lamar, Mahomes, Murray, or Hurts. I don't trust Lance so I would stay away from him. I like the combo of Allen and then those upside guys but it doesn't really matter which one to me.

Yeah at this point I'm overthinking it with the draft coming up. Knowing the other guy's habits like I do I would be shocked if I couldnt get one of the first 5 QB's in the middle of the third, and if guys are going to start changing their habits I'll probably see a QB or two come off the board by the time my second pick comes up and can evaluate the landscape at that pick

I’m in an auction 2QB league non PPR that’s QB friendly. We went from a super flex to having 2QB slots this year. Additionally we went from 10 to 12 teams. Last year, I had a family emergency and missed the draft. I ended up with garbage at QB, picking up Mills and having to trade to get Tannehill. I told our commissioner it’s going to be difficult for 12 teams to have 2 starters every week. Nothing happened. So I got Allen, Hurts, Kyler and Lance for my QBs. Two other teams also drafted 4 decent QBs as well. There aren’t enough to go around just like I said. Someone has Wilson and Watson for week 1. A couple other teams have two QBs rostered and they are bottom tier. Basically 6 free wins for me right away.

If you look at super flex league mock drafts, the first four or five picks are usually QBs. The extra slot makes them more premium than RBs

Users who are viewing this thread