What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Anarchy League 6 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Welcome to the 2013 Anarchy League 6 thread. Here is the MFL League Site: http://www6.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/38156

The draft has already been turned on but the draft timer is off for now.

Passwords should be the same as last season. If you are new to the league, the password should be Anarchy6.

Here is the randomly selected draft order . . .

1.01 Bonfire

1.02 httv14

1.03 SantaRosaUte

1.04 mquinnjr

1.05 ryheaps

1.06 BigFrostie

1.07 Empty One

1.08 ItsOnlyTheRiver

1.09 Sons of Anarchy

1.10 WisWolvrns

1.11 jestefarean

1.12 Frogman

1.13 Borden

1.14 Sake-Bombers

1.15 Super King

1.16 Gandalas

Good luck, and good drafting . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
No preset notions of what I'm going to do at 14, need to see how this unfolds. Having pick 19 will probably affect my thinking, I imagine.

For the new guys, all the drafts will turn out completely different. Almost every strategy has been tried before. Some have worked. The same ones have not. Teams have won from every draft slot, so that part of it is not as big a factor as people make it out to be.

The other thing to remember is that this is a marathon and not a sprint. This league scores every player for 21 weeks of football. Teams that minimize how many zeroes they get stand a chance. Hitting a late round home run never hurt.

Thought about getting cute, but 2 qb 6td format makes it a layup IMO. Arod has been money in the bank and loss of Jennings addition of rbs is mitigated by rise of Cobb and words absurd talent level.

I have no problem with Rodgers going first. I may have taken Brees but that's splitting hairs.

Bonfire, you have a very interesting number of posts.

I think it's too high as he seems so likely to miss time. Doesn't matter his ppg with missed time.

Good thing any strategies can work here, because I have no clue what I'm doing right now. Also, work blocks myfantasyleague >.< So yay autodraft priority lists.

if frogman picks after 2pm today, with the next two drafters on auto draft, i wont be picking til 11ish tonight. just to let you know

So I may turn off my predraft then since I won't be holding anything up. :)

For what it's worth, I had just started entertaining the notion of whether or not I'd draft Gronk if he was available at 14, and I probably would have.

if frogman picks after 2pm today, with the next two drafters on auto draft, i wont be picking til 11ish tonight. just to let you know
you may want to consider pre drafting because with a 4 hour clock (which frogman is probably currently on) and the next two guys on auto draft, you're pick will/should get skipped as you will time out...

Stinkin Ref said:
Super King said:
you may want to consider pre drafting because with a 4 hour clock (which frogman is probably currently on) and the next two guys on auto draft, you're pick will/should get skipped as you will time out...
As long as we make some progress I will not turn the timer on. So if leagues really get bogged down then I will turn the clock on (which I have not for any of the leagues yet).

I'm new to MFL leagues. Is the auto pick not instant? Either way I will around a computer for the rest of the day so once frogman goes my pick shouldn't be too far behind it.

I'm new to MFL leagues. Is the auto pick not instant? Either way I will around a computer for the rest of the day so once frogman goes my pick shouldn't be too far behind it.
yes it is...if you and sake bombers have your auto picks in, they will post as soon as frogman makes his pick....which would mean Super King would be up immediatley after frogman....so instead of Super King just putting the draft on hold till 11:00 tonight....he just just put 4 picks in his pre draft que....

just a suggestion...I don't give a rip one way or the other...

Super King said:
Looks like you'll be waiting to make your pick still at 11. :kicksrock:

Gronk was in my pre-pick list at 10... :-)

I think with this format he has a chance for moster numbers, especially with not more splitting Tds with Hernadez.

He is banged up coming in, but will save training camp wear and tear. If he missing one or two games, he can still be the top TE scorer.

Gronk was in my pre-pick list at 10... :-)

I think with this format he has a chance for moster numbers, especially with not more splitting Tds with Hernadez.

He is banged up coming in, but will save training camp wear and tear. If he missing one or two games, he can still be the top TE scorer.
He certainly could. However if he misses games that somewhat makes his value a wash with the expected extra games the Patriots should get from making the playoffs and possibly going deep in the playoffs. So from that perspective I am not really giving him additional value for the playoff potential, because of the chance he does miss some games early on, or because of an injury during the season.

I do not have the Cowboys making the playoffs but there is a chance. I think if they do make it they will likely be one and done. So not expecting extra games for Witten or near the TD/game that I would for a healthy Gronk, but I have Witten down for significantly more catches and that in my opinion makes him a slightly stronger/safer pick. TD are difficult to predict and the Patriots have an improved running game that scored 25TD in 2012 on the ground compared to 18TD in 2011 when their lead back was the law firm still. So some of those TE TD may not be as necessary as they were in 2011.

Gronk had an amazing season in 2011 and he caught 107 passes. Witten has cleared 100 catches 3 times. Which is somewhat unheard of for a TE. The most recent being last season.

I think we were both lucky to get top players at this position where the top depth has thinned a bit since last season. For this format these 2 and Graham are tier ahead of the rest and pretty much in my top 5 prospects for this format along with AD and Calvin, although strong arguments could be made for some of the top QB being that high as well.

Ok, so I got my 1.16 and 2.1 picks done. Was happy to have such good QB options left that late in the draft.

1.16 - ATLQB. Matty Ice should be in the top-5 once again with the weapons he has in the passing game, and they are almost a virtual lock to make the playoffs, so bonus points should be available for him.

2.1 - NEPQB. Brady has lost a lot of his weapons from last year, but he always seems to pull it out no matter who was back there. When Moss was gone, he turned the focus onto Gronk and Hernandez. Now that Hernandez and Welker are gone, he will turn to Amendola and the rooks to try and make up the difference. Belichick almost always manages to get their team into the playoffs, so I see a strong chance of bonus points here as well.

Obviously an ATL-NEP superbowl matchup would work out well with my start here. :)

For Witten, I just think at some point he's going to fall off a cliff in terms of his production. I thought it might happen last year after the spleeny preseason, and I was wrong. I'll probably be wrong again this year, too. But even with a high value on the TE position in this format, I couldn't commit a top pick to a TE that I have doubts about.

The back-to-back QB strategy was surprising, but any QB picks in these next 30 before the bounceback will make it look better, as it keeps top RB/WR/TEs on the board.

Biabreakable,

Thanks for stepping in for the absent Frogman.

Sake-Bomber,

Thanks for snaking Lynch on me, jerk. :rant: :D

But actually I think that's a great pick. He's a fantasy stud on a team that plays on the pre-season #1 ranked team.

Not so sure on the double QB at the turn. QB points are a pretty level slope for awhile, only the bottom few drop out, but those seem to change year to year, so even the last QB picked could score in the top 20. It will be interesting to see how your team plays out.

You did eliminate the chance of getting 0 for either of your top 2 picks though, which is always a key to this format. Not getting injury burned on a top 10 pick and finding some breakout diamonds in the middle-bottom.

Rice was on my short list at 1.14 and and it was down to him or Lynch for me for second rounder. Looking at other leagues, his value is all over the place. Is it the Pearce threat?

Rice was on my short list at 1.14 and and it was down to him or Lynch for me for second rounder. Looking at other leagues, his value is all over the place. Is it the Pearce threat?
Partially. I think a lot of people expect the Ravens to slump coming off a SB win as many teams do as another part of it. I am undecided if giving much consideration to playoff potential and SOS is the correct thing to do or maybe overdone on some picks. However the AFC North plays the NFC North this season. The NFC North has arguably the 3 best skill position players in the entire league in Rodgers, ALL DAY and Mega. Ergo the AFC North is going to have to score a lot more this season if they want to stay in these games against the not so black and blue as it used to be.

Ray Rice and Pearce should be able to do some nice work vs Green Bay, Detroit and a slipping Bears defense. Peterson had 2 200+ games against the Packers.

Another thing is that the Ravens lost Matt Birk, who likely was past his prime. The offensive line did something special for a brief amount of time for the Ravens last season when they moved Mount McKinney to LT and moved Oher to RT. The Ravens offense is better than I thought it was going into last season, I underestimated them. Maybe I still am. But the Oline may not be as good this season from loss of leadership from Birk. Birk may have been past his prime physically, but he is a very smart player. That leadership and experience is hard to replace. McKinney is hard to predict what you will get from him. He can be a very good player but there are reasons the Vikings let him go.

After going QB-QB at the 1/2 turn, I went TE-TE at the 3/4.

3.16 - Kyle Rudolph. Young guy who seems to be a red-zone machine. If he can score 9 TDs with the kind of season that AP had last year, then I think he could do even better if Peterson slips a bit this year. Definitely hurt by his QB situation, though.

4.1 - Jermichael Finley. Definitely an enigma...all the talent in the world, but seemingly has a 2-cent head. Decent amount of receptions last year, but only 2 TDs. Gotta think that it will reverse a bit with the loss of Jennings, right?

All in all, not super-excited with the two guys that were there for me (was hoping for Pitta to drop), but I wanted to lock up the 4 mandatory positions before they got too watered down. Especially at TE, where I only see about 10 guys I would be happy with this season.

I like what you did gandalas. Picking at the turns is actually kind of helpful in a 16 team draft I think. Drafting in the middle I often find several players who are all in a similar tier of value. It is nice to be able to take 2 of those in a row and not get cut out of the tier. At the same time there is a ton of picks between your pairs so you really need to plan ahead.

I do not really believe in taking QB quite so high and split that pick with a RB or WR instead, then look for value at QB later on. But with that out of the way now you can focus all of your attention to RB/WR. It is just that by the end of the 5th round most of the good RB/WR will be gone, that is for everyone not just you, but I might have liked at least one from the top 2 rounds. The QB you took are great though and may pay off more than Ray Rice for example. It helps that you got 2 of the best as that is one less top QB for another team. So with that in mind perhaps what you did was the right thing.

I liked a lot of players still available but I went with Owen Daniels who I think will get 60-70 receptions before playoffs so if the Texans do make it could be adding some more on top of that. I like Rudolph a lot too. Would have been a more difficult choice between him and Daniels if he were available.

This is my first year at this, so take my opinion for what it's worth, but I think following QB/QB with TE/TE may have gone overboard a bit. I think one TE at the turn would have been a good call, but securing an upper tier WR or RB would have helped your overall team strength when this all said and done, and then pick up another TE at your next pick. That being said, you might get some surprising RB/WRs to fall to you your next time up that makes it all worth it, especially if your TE picks help spark a TE run.

Daniels is like vanilla ice cream. There are other flavors that are more fun to order or seem like they could be more delicious, but at the end of the day you're always pleasantly satisfied with vanilla ice cream.

I can't say I'm feeling any better about my Demarco Murray pick a day later. Will all come down to his injury-proneness (or hopefully lack of it).

This is my first year at this, so take my opinion for what it's worth, but I think following QB/QB with TE/TE may have gone overboard a bit. I think one TE at the turn would have been a good call, but securing an upper tier WR or RB would have helped your overall team strength when this all said and done, and then pick up another TE at your next pick. That being said, you might get some surprising RB/WRs to fall to you your next time up that makes it all worth it, especially if your TE picks help spark a TE run.

Daniels is like vanilla ice cream. There are other flavors that are more fun to order or seem like they could be more delicious, but at the end of the day you're always pleasantly satisfied with vanilla ice cream.

I can't say I'm feeling any better about my Demarco Murray pick a day later. Will all come down to his injury-proneness (or hopefully lack of it).
This style league, more so than others, has many players that look good on paper, have a lot of hype, or otherwise have some glitz and glamour. But if you actually go back and look at the year end results over the years, there are plenty of plain janes that end up ranked higher than some of those young studs who had a lot of bling. For example, Shonn Greene had lots of warts and blemishes last year and not many people wanted to draft him. Yet he finished as the #16 RB.

Or the year before, Donald Driver was very long in the tooth . . . yet still ranked 57th by the end of the year. In most leagues, someone like Driver would be a total after thought. But in these leagues with 90 or 95 WRs drafted, someone like Driver is gold.

I do love Fleener this year, and am buying into the talk that his receptions will greatly increase. There's a lot of discussion about Bloom's TE tiers about him vs Allen, and I'm obviously in the Fleener camp.

Through round 6.1, my team now has 6 members:

1.16: ATL Team QB

2.1: NEP Team QB

3.16: Kyle Rudolph, TE

4.1: Jermichael Finley, TE

5.16: Eddie Lacy, RB

6.1: Chris Ivory, RB

Yeah, the RBs and WRs are getting slim already, so I had to jump on two players at the position where I see the biggest drop-off. Took Lacy over Bernard because I see the Bengals giving Bernard a lighter workload this year, plus Green Bay is almost guaranteed to make the playoffs. For Ivory, I am simply hoping for a Shonn Greene-like season from him. Anything beyond that will be a bonus for me.

Definitely not going to be super-thrilled with the RBs and WRs on my team, but I am confident that I can find some gems late to help me out on that front.

With picks 7.16 and 8.1, I pick up 2 WRs for my squad.

7.16 - Danario Alexander. This guy has the potential to be a top-10 WR, he just has to stay healthy. Definitely a riskier pick, but balanced out by my next guy...

8.1 - Anquan Boldin. With Crabtree going down for the year most likely, he looks to be the #1 WR for Kaepernick.

Through 8 rounds my roster is:

QB: ATLQB

QB: NEPQB

RB: Eddie Lacy

RB: Chris Ivory

WR: Danario Alexander

WR: Anquan Boldin

TE: Kyle Rudolph

TE: Jermichael Finley

Starting to like how my team is coming together.

Cardinals QB

Jason Witten

Owen Daniels

Antonio Gates

Demaryius Thomas

Steve Smith

Frank Gore

DeAngelo Williams

Unless I mess up with some of my upcoming picks I think you guys are done. :bowtie:

Cardinals QB

Jason Witten

Owen Daniels

Antonio Gates

Demaryius Thomas

Steve Smith

Frank Gore

DeAngelo Williams

Unless I mess up with some of my upcoming picks I think you guys are done. :bowtie:
I regularly look great on paper heading into the season . . . and every year I manage to fade as the year goes along. Daniels, Gates, and Williams all have had their fair shares of injuries. And Gore and Smith are spring chickens.

hmmm You regularly look good on paper according to whom? :pics:

I wish that Gore and Steve Smith were spring chickens, but honestly in football years they are pretty :obc: .

I was expecting more push back on this. Glad everyone agrees!

hmmm You regularly look good on paper according to whom? :pics:

I wish that Gore and Steve Smith were spring chickens, but honestly in football years they are pretty :obc: .

I was expecting more push back on this. Glad everyone agrees!
Most years, whoever runs the numbers through the DD (JWB?), I end up in the Top 2 or 3 in the preseason (and always end up in the middle of the pack). The funny part is, I don't use the DD, so I don't know why I end up projected to do well, as I have no idea what FBG projects people for or who they suggest I should pick.

With my latest 2 picks, I get two more RBs, who are getting really thin lately.

9.16 - Bryce Brown. I have had my eye on him for a couple of rounds now. Kelly loves to run the ball, and I think this guy should do well even as the #2 in Philly. If McCoy should go down at all, then this could be the steal of the draft.

10.1 - Daryl Richardson. I don't like him as much as I would in a PPR league, but he is still running with the ones currently, and figures to get plenty of action no matter who the starter is.

QB: ATLQB (1.16)

QB: NEPQB (2.1)

RB: Eddie Lacy (5.16)

RB: Chris Ivory (6.1)

RB: Bryce Brown (9.16)

RB: Daryl Richardson (10.1)

WR: Danario Alexander (7.16)

WR: Anquan Boldin (8.1)

TE: Kyle Rudolph (3.16)

TE: Jermichael Finley (4.1)

This format is a good exercise in identifying tiers, sleepers and anticipating runs. That being said, I may be overthinking it and reaching too soon for guys like Tavon Austin and Zac Stacy, but I also have them pegged for solid seasons and wanted to get them on my teams. I've tried to project which positions I'm going for at each pick, but am wondering if that's a mistake. I don't think so, but there were a couple times where there was a better player available at a different position than I thought it was time to draft.

FWIW I do not think it was too early for Austin or Zac. I had both in my predraft list as well.

Predicting runs is difficult and when they do happen those runs are very long. If you are picking near the turns you could see 2 to 3 tiers of players at a position taken before it comes back to you if the run is heavy.

So I think it is a good idea to plan ahead. I still for the most part would take the top player on my board regardless of position, but I can understand passing someone close (in the same tier) in order to stick with your plan. I think that is pretty smart actually.

This scoring system is different than most you will play in. So ADP and things like that are much less applicable. Even though I have not played this format for a few years, my experience in drafting it in previous years did not go away. I think a couple years experience drafting in Anarchy is helpful. For the most part you just want to draft the top scorer based on your projections for every pick though. These leagues test projections more than strategy imo although both are important.

Users who are viewing this thread