What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 ESPN Free FBG groups: Gridiron Challenge, Pick 'em, Survivor (1 Viewer)

QuizGuy66

Footballguy
I've set this up again for this year (before I forgot).

Here's the link to the group: Linky

The password to join is blackeyedjoe

Let's get a bunch of FBG in again this year and dominated this free contest :boxing:

If you were in it last year, it'll give you the chance to just rejoin. Still need the password, though.

UPDATE I've added a pick 'em (Spread) group as well. I put the link in post 11 but here it is as well:

http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2013/en/group?groupID=40924

password also is blackeyedjoe

And why not a survivor group too.

http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-eliminator-challenge/2013/en/group?groupID=18071

Again the password is blackeyedjoe

-QG

Last edited by a moderator:
In. The player pool is too small unless there is some way to add players that they do not have listed? :ninja:

I figured that would be the best way to increase my week 2 salary cap. Denied.

Whoa. They still have Mike Jenkins listed as on the Patriots roster. oy vey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey QG I was considering rostering Carsons Palmer but he isn't cheap enough even though turnovers do not hurt QB as much as some leagues do. I also found your post on him in the spotlight thread hilarious! Nice work there.

Maybe later. I like the match ups I got for the most part. Maybe I could upgrade at kicker...

Hey QG I was considering rostering Carsons Palmer but he isn't cheap enough even though turnovers do not hurt QB as much as some leagues do. I also found your post on him in the spotlight thread hilarious! Nice work there.

Maybe later. I like the match ups I got for the most part. Maybe I could upgrade at kicker...
LOL thanks. I really think it's true with Palmer. I should have added that if a league rewards rushing yards for the QB that's a big downgrade point for him as well. As long as that line doesn't kill him he'll have many many pass attempts and he definitely should benefit from having the most complete WR he's ever had in LFitz :)

Looking forward to see how you do in the contest :)

-QG

I am not entirely sure what would be the best strategy.

My 1st impression was to try to buy value players so I can see the largest increase based on performance. But the prices are much too close for me to really expect a strong return.

So instead I mainly picked players who I thought had the best match ups.

However I also favored players who I trust long term. So if they have a bad 1st week I will still hold on to them even if their value takes a dip from where they are right now.

I am not entirely sure what would be the best strategy.

My 1st impression was to try to buy value players so I can see the largest increase based on performance. But the prices are much too close for me to really expect a strong return.

So instead I mainly picked players who I thought had the best match ups.

However I also favored players who I trust long term. So if they have a bad 1st week I will still hold on to them even if their value takes a dip from where they are right now.
If their values take a dip you can actually hit the "renegotiate" button and reclaim salary cap space. The price stays the same as long as you keep them (it can only go down) - however once you release a guy, to get him back, even in the same week, you have to pay the higher price - so you have to be sure when you cut a guy who's price has gone up that you really wanna do it.

-QG

Bump for the post-draft crowd.

We can do better than 31 entries in the gridiron contest and certainly better than 5 in the spread pick 'em and 6 in the survivor!

Let's see you get in there FBG! :boxing:

-QG

I looked all around on the Gridiron Challenge page looking for scoring settings, so ill ask here. Is it PPR?

Here's the rules page for the Gridiron:

http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-gridiron-challenge/2013/en/story?pageName=gridiron\rules

In the spirit of being a good FBG I'll remind folks.

When you sign a guy, you have that guy at that price until you drop him. Though if his price drops you can hit the "Renegotiate" button and it'll drop it to whatever the new, lower rate is. Basically this saves you the hassle of cutting the guy and adding him back at the lower amount.

Be careful when you cut a guy that has had his price go up. Once you save that roster, you can't get him back at the old price - only at the new more expensive price.

The game is very deceptive early on - the salaries are set in such a way that you can pretty much have almost any set of players you want.

A team comprised of all of the most expensive players would only be 2.1 over the cap of 50.0.

You have to be the :shark: that knows who the best player is that paricular week and can navigate the inevitable price increases.

It's a lot of fun.

-QG

• Offense (QB, RB, WR, TE, K)
  • 6 pts per rushing, receiving or return touchdown
  • 4 pts per passing touchdown
  • 3 pts per field goal made
  • 2 pts per passing, rushing or receiving 2 pt conversion
  • 1 pt per 10 yards rushing or receiving
  • 1 pt per 25 yards passing
  • 1 pt per extra point made
  • Defense/Special Teams (D)
  • 10 pts for 0 points allowed
  • 7 pts for 2-6 points allowed
  • 4 pts for 7-13 points allowed
  • 1 pt for 14-17 points allowed
  • 0 pts for 18-21 points allowed (note: team defense is responsible for all points allowed)
  • -1 pts for 22-27 points allowed
  • -4 pts for 28-34 points allowed
  • -7 pts for 35-45 points allowed
  • -10 pts for 46+ points allowed
  • 5 pts per team win
  • 3 pts per defensive or special teams TD
  • 2 pts per interception
  • 2 pts per fumble recovery
  • 2 pts per blocked punt, point after touchdown or field goal (note: a deflected kick of any kind does not receive points)
  • 2 pts per safety
  • 1 pt per sack
Can confirm, non-ppr. Thanks for the link.

My only regret is for the gridiron, Julius Thomas was $5k, if I picked him up I couldn't afford Graham, settled for Sudfeld and Graham. Got Demaryius though! :moneybag:

How much will Manning be worth now? Yikes.
There's a cap on how much a player's price can increase or decrease each week. I believe it can move more than $0.4k

I can't remember if there's an overall cap of $8.0m on an individual player's price.

-QG

Im sitting in the middle of the pack in the pickem and the gridiron.

We lost 17 in the survivor pool, down to 34.

Users who are viewing this thread