What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 FBG Mid-Atlantic Auction League (1 Viewer)

nittanylion said:
We've got a 13th Owner and Auctioneer all rolled into one. Dave Biddle. Played FF since mid 80's. Has several years experience with the Auction Software.
I have the 2013 player files that he will need to load up, I am PMing my email addy to you. Remind him to go to Big Time Fantasy Sports and download the current software version, 1.11.4. I'm really glad you found somebody.

If anybody lives closer to Westminster (or northwest Baltimore, where I work) than FTT, please volunteer to pick up the hardware any time after this Sunday.

Need to finalize our list of owners in the next couple of days so that info. can be input into the auction software.

Would like to find 1 or more owners to get us to at least 14 teams. If interested please post here ASAP.

If we end up with 13 teams we will probably have 1 team play against the league average each week.

Need input from owners about number of roster spots, number of starters at each position, amount of auction $.

Last year we had 16 teams with 16 roster spots, 9 starters (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE) and 1 D/ST), and $250 for the auction.

If we end up with 13 teams we will probably have 1 team play against the league average each week.

Need input from owners about number of roster spots, number of starters at each position, amount of auction $.

Last year we had 16 teams with 16 roster spots, 9 starters (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE) and 1 D/ST), and $250 for the auction.
In 2011 we had planned for 14 teams, ended up with 13, and used the same format:

[SIZE=medium]http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=518161&page=6#entry13492873[/SIZE]

In 2011 we had planned for 14 teams, ended up with 13, and used the same format:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=518161&page=6#entry13492873
I have no problem with keeping the rosters at 16. Anyone have a preference?

Got us another Owner last night at my Pike League Draft last night @ GrillMarX...

2 guys Teaming up: Andy is one of the Owners of GrillMarX, and has been my Pike League Partner since 1993. He's never participated in an Auction Draft, but stopped in to watch ours last year and was intrigued. Ronnie is very familiar with auction drafting, we've played together in Leagues for almost 20 years, and he is my current High Stakes League partner. We'll actually be doing the auction with you guys in the afternoon, and that night, Ronnie and I have a Main Event Draft for the fftoolbox-sponsered Fantasy Football World Championship!

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=518161&page=6#entry13492873
I have no problem with keeping the rosters at 16. Anyone have a preference?
Since there hasn't been any discussion about these parameters, I assume everyone is comfortable with using what we had last year.

OK, here are some details for Sunday. Planning to start auctioning at 12:30 PM at GrillMarx. Directions posted by nittany in the past:

Heading North on Georgia Ave (97), take a RIGHT on Route 108 (Olney-Sandy Spring Road)... ...on your LEFT you will see 2 strip malls, 1st one is elevated, 2nd one is lower. Go to 2nd light and Turn LEFT, another quick LEFT will get you into the parking lot of the lower strip mall... You will immediately pass a Green Turtle Restaurant and Sports Pub on the end cap of the strip mall. The other end cap is a Harris-Teeter Grocery Store... GrillMarx is right next to the Harris-Teeter to the RIGHT as you're facing it. Lots of RED UMBRELLAS on the patio. GrillMarX opens at 11:00 AM.

The fee for this season will be $65 per team. We have to pay $70 to MFL for the league site and may need to pay something for the auction software (not sure about this yet, if we find out about this before the auction we will post the fee). If there are no fees for the auction software, we will have $840 to pay out for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. I'll be paying for the league site on MFL so either Fear the Turtle or I will be collecting money before the auction, so please have your fee with you.

Nittany, can you let us know if there will be the usual $15 - $20 fixed price menu and beer offered by GrillMarx?

Last edited by a moderator:
My local league is picking up the small fee for the current player files this year. So no cost to FBG leeg for 2013.
So, what you're saying is there'll be money left over in the league's coffers to be spent at the co-commissioners' discretion? Say, to lure back an all-star auctioneer to reprise his role just one last time? All you eat, all you can drink, courtesy of the FBG Mid-Atlantic Auction League.

Last edited by a moderator:
My local league is picking up the small fee for the current player files this year. So no cost to FBG leeg for 2013.
So, what you're saying is there'll be money left over in the league's coffers to be spent at the co-commissioners' discretion? Say, to lure back an all-star auctioneer to be reprise his role just one last time? All you eat, all you can drink, courtesy of the FBG Mid-Atlantic Auction League.
That's a very kind thing to say and I am indeed sorry to be leaving this league in the lurch but I'm afraid that it's just not possible this year. I hope you all have a great time.

Might be good if we could get the team names that the new owners are going to use so they can be entered into the auction system before we start tomorrow. I'll also need e-mail addresses for all of the new owners so I can send them invites to join the league on MFL.

Great seeing everyone yesterday. Special thanks to Johnny and Andy for the awesome venue. Can't imagine a better setup. Good luck this season.

Users who are viewing this thread