What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 IDP Warehouse -- Important Threads, Content / Podcast L (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
The IDP Warehouse is back for 2013. Here you'll find some classic articles and columns on general IDP strategy, a link to the old (but still helpful) FAQ thread, and links to all of our major offseason forum threads and site content.

Classic IDP Informational and Strategy Articles and Columns
The Best Kept Secret in Fantasy Football
Breaking Down NFL Defenses

Incorporating IDP Concepts
Guide to NFL Defenses: DL Play / Evolution of 4-3 / 4-3 Front Continued / 3-4 Front / Zone Blitz / The 46 / Subpackages
Why You Should Know Schemes

------

2013 Forum Informational Threads
IDP FAQ thread
2013 Every-Down Linebacker thread

2013 Coach / Scheme Change thread
2013 Draft Thread

2013 Offseason IDP Roundtable Podcast Thread
Includes Scheme Review, Player Movement and Draft discussion shows

------

2013 Offseason IDP Content

Eyes of the Guru: NFC West (Norton) -- August 11

Eyes of the Guru: AFC West (Norton) -- August 4

Eyes of the Guru: NFC East (Norton) -- July 29

Eyes of the Guru: AFC East (Norton) -- July 23

Eyes of the Guru: NFC South (Norton) -- July 19

Eyes of the Guru: AFC South (Norton) -- July 12

Eyes of the Guru: NFC North (Norton) -- July 9
Eyes of the Guru: AFC North (Norton) -- July 5

DL Tiers (Bramel) -- updated weekly

LB Tiers (Bramel) -- updated weekly

DB Tiers (Bramel) -- updated weekly

Reading the Defense / Preseason Notes & Every-Down Linebackers (Bramel) -- August 21

Week 1 Preseason Notes (Norton) -- August 16

Reading the Defense / Every-Down Linebackers (Bramel) -- July 16

Reading the Defense / Overvalued IDPs (Bramel) -- July 12

Reading the Defense / Undervalued IDPs (Bramel) -- July 9

Reading the Defense / Offseason Storylines (Bramel) -- June 21

Value of Nickel Cornerbacks (Fahey) -- August 4

On Patrick Peterson and Joe Haden (Fahey -- July 26

How Soon Should You Draft JJ Watt? (Bramel) -- July 23

Implications of Von Miller Suspension (Rudnicki/Bramel) -- July 23

Post-Draft Bloom 100 (Bloom) -- April 29

Combined Rookie Draft Board (Version 3.0) (Bramel) -- July 24

Guide to Twitter (Bramel)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm refreshing the IDP Warehouse thread for 2013.

Norton's Eyes of the Guru series has already begun and I'm planning a weekly Reading the Defense column throughout July and August. The tiers series will be updated more frequently, thanks to a change in how we're posting content this year, and the Perfect Draft series will again include an IDP feature.

Finally, you'll also be able to see articles by category on the Articles page and search by author within the search box. Hopefully, that'll make our articles easier to find this year.

Use this thread for discussion and debate of the offseason features and please feel free to post suggestions for features and articles.

Links to the newly released Eyes of the Guru (AFC South) and Overvalued IDP features added to first post.

If you missed them last week...

Eyes of the Guru: NFC South and Reading the Defense: Every-Down Linebackers added to the first post.

Implications of Von Miller Suspension, How Soon Should You Draft JJ Watt and the AFC East EOTG features added to the first post today.

EOTG NFC East posted (and linked in the first post)

I'm hoping to have all three positional tiers articles updated within 48 hours.

Updated drafts of DL and LB tiers posted. I need to cross-check with my rank lists for cut-and-paste errors, but that won't happen until tonight. DB tiers planned for tomorrow. All three should be refreshed (with a rankings update) by Friday.

More Eyes of the Guru, more IDP tiers, more of Cian Fahey's excellent series on cornerbacks and an updated Guide to Twitter all posted in the past few days.

:drive:

The Eyes of the Guru series is complete, the tiers series is updated (DB coming), and there are two sets of preseason notes (one from Norton, one from me) and an every-down linebacker now linked in the first post.

Up above it says the Tiers are updated weekly. Where can I find this? The links only take me to the ones from 2 weeks ago. I checked subscriber content as well - no dice.

Hoss Style said:
Up above it says the Tiers are updated weekly. Where can I find this? The links only take me to the ones from 2 weeks ago. I checked subscriber content as well - no dice.
Those tier articles were written and updated weekly in the preseason. I usually do brief updates for lineup purposes in the RTD a couple of times a year. Week 4 is likely the earliest that'll happen, I think.

Just saw your tier updates. Love them and they are appreciated. From info gathered in the Morgan Burnett thread in the forums here it looks like he's good to go full time this week. He's not listed in your tiers (even as injured) - he'd be an Elite DB if back, correct? I just want to make sure he's not splitting time or you know of any changes in scheme that I'm not aware of.

Thanks again for your great work. Also, I'm enjoying the concussion articles. Nice to see different things pop up every so often!

Just saw your tier updates. Love them and they are appreciated. From info gathered in the Morgan Burnett thread in the forums here it looks like he's good to go full time this week. He's not listed in your tiers (even as injured) - he'd be an Elite DB if back, correct? I just want to make sure he's not splitting time or you know of any changes in scheme that I'm not aware of.

Thanks again for your great work. Also, I'm enjoying the concussion articles. Nice to see different things pop up every so often!
Thanks.

I do a lot of cut-and-paste within a spreadsheet, then type my final tiers into our content system. Despite my best efforts, I seem to make at least one error with every update. So, I appreciate everyone pointing possible omissions out. Burnett has been added.

Glad you're enjoying the concussion work. Next installment hopefully goes live sometime tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread