What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Rookie 1.01 (1 Viewer)

Who is rookie pick 1.01 in Start 2 QB Scoring?

• QB E.J. Manuel, Bills

Votes: 68 18.1%
  • QB Geno Smith, Jets

Votes: 28 7.5%
  • QB Mike Glennon, Bucs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QB Matt Barkley, Eagles

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • QB Tyler Wilson, Raiders

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • RB Eddie Lacy, Packers

Votes: 60 16.0%
  • RB Giovani Bernard, Bengals

Votes: 42 11.2%
  • RB Montee Ball, Broncos

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • RB Le'Veon Bell, Steelers

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • WR Tavon Austin, Rams

Votes: 43 11.5%
  • WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Vikings

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • WR DeAndre Hopkins, Texans

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • TE Tyler Eifert, Bengals

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Don't play - No vote

Votes: 100 26.7%

• Total voters

Faust

MVP
Welcome to the reboot of the Rookie Polls, the post NFL Draft Edition.

I am very interested to see what happens with the voting now that we have the lens of the completed NFL Draft to view these players through.

As always - please feel free to add any comments on why you selected a player at this slot and don't be afraid to suggest players who you think that I have overlooked (or if you voted other, then please feel free to add a post on who you voted for).

These threads are always better when there is commentary and debate, so please help these along with your thoughts as we move along this series of polls.

I am very interested to see what happens in all of these polls, but the Start 2 QB polls will be very interesting due to what transpired this year with this year's class of QB prospects.

If you are holding the 1.01 pick in one of those Leagues, then it is very likely that you were weak at the QB position. Do you grab Geno or E.J. and hope that they develop quickly or do you go in a different direction and will look towards the 2014 Draft class? How quickly will Barkley, Glennon, and Tyler Wilson go in these formats as they will start their NFL careers as back-up QBs, but all 3 landed into situations where they could challenge for the starting job at some point in time in the next few years?

Thank you to everyone taking the time to vote in these polls and adding your posts, as they are appreciated.

- Faust

Last edited by a moderator:
Tavon was in my top 5 pre-draft, but I don't see any way that he catches less than 65 balls this year, and 80+ to 90+ for his career. If this offense gave Amendola 60+ and 700/3, Tavon can't be worse than that as a rookie. A PPR league that gives ALL TDs (including returns, but not yardage) 6pts, he is an easy 1.01.

Worst quagmire ever for a non-PPR 1.01. Lacy was hanging in, but Franklin to the Pack makes it too likely a RBBC for both in a limited carry offense (or if the boo birds are right, for Franklin to become the pass-catching alternative in a pass-catching offense with Lacy likely owning the goalline and short yardage work). Gio has BJGE, injuries and a lack of top size or speed. Christine has Beast and Turbin and head-on-straight questions. Tavon is little. Cordarrelle may just be a Wallace with lesser catching skills and awareness. Hunter much the same with perhaps more sense and less established skills. Hopkins and L.Bell are in good long term situations, but likely aren't explosive, difference-maker talents. And here I sit with my first ever 1.01 pick. Has there ever been a worse time to own it?

Thinking Tavon this evening, because if there's good health, there's far more upside than down. If he's got Steve Smith toughness to go with a little bit more speed and change of direction ability, and perhaps a rushing role, he might be a poster child for the league's next evolutionary step into undefensible flexibility. But there are safer physical choices. I would just about trade my pick for the 1.07 and a bag of Fritos.

(ETF grammar)

If you don't mind holding your breath every time Tavon gets hit, he's the easy 1.01. He's going to get so many short passes from Bradford that it's hard not to see near-Harvin type numbers from day one.

The start 2 QB league makes it a tricky question - but for me it depends on how many teams are in the league. In a 10 team start 2 QB/PPR league I'm still going to take Tavon. If the league was 16 squads I'd probably consider EJ

Eddie Lacy seemed to be the perfect player for the perfect team for fantasy purposes until they added another really talented back. I dont really like that situation.

Ball- Denver has some choices to make there but in the end I have a feeling McGahee gets released and maybe Moreno gets a 1 year deal or something. I see Ball as the bell cow there, maybe not this year but next for sure. B

Bernard- probably the pick in the best situation. I dont think the Bengals are married to BJGE. Bernard has great hands too.

Bell- I love Bell. The other guys on the roster are not starting RB material and had fumbling issues. None of them seemed dynamic. Bell seems dynamic and I believe he will end up being the best RB option of this class.

It's a very close race in the Start 2 QB Poll.
It's very interesting, looks like some of the Austin crowd is voting for Manuel whereas the Lacy fans don't care what the format is. I wouldn't be surprised if Lacy went after Austin, Manuel, Patterson, Gio and possibly even Geno, Ball or Bell in my 2QB leagues.

All of these polls are going to be real close in the race for the pick I think because this draft is all about personal opinion. There seems to be a consensus top6-8 players people have in mind but the order is well up for grabs.

I went Lacey, Austin, Austin btw

I'm not so sure why Lacy is getting the love in these. When was the last time a Packers RB, under McCarthy, did anything? At best, Lacy is looking at ~800 yards running and maybe ~6 TDs. Rodgers' value would take a nosedive if Lacy does much more than that. There are only so many yards that can be gained by an offense and Green Bay is a pass happy offense.

Sure, they will like to be more balanced however the running game is there to open up the passing... not the other way around. Lacy and Franklin are there to make it 2nd & 5 or 3rd & 1 rather than hit the home run.

Tread carefully if drafting any Green Bay rb.

In some ways I am glad I am siting mid round 1 in most of my dynasty picks. My struggle is that unless I feel a WR is going to be top 25 I would rather have a RB even if he is just an average RB because average WRE are abundant. It seems like many of these RB look to maybe have some good but not great years ahead of them but I'm not sure the WR I can get in round 1 has a much better chance of being a top 25 WR as the WR I can still get in round 2.

The start 2 QB league makes it a tricky question - but for me it depends on how many teams are in the league. In a 10 team start 2 QB/PPR league I'm still going to take Tavon. If the league was 16 squads I'd probably consider EJ
Similarly, those of us who play in 32 team leagues will probably see geno and Manuel taken top 5 easy, maybe top 2, despite having only 1 qb start.

I'm not so sure why Lacy is getting the love in these. When was the last time a Packers RB, under McCarthy, did anything? At best, Lacy is looking at ~800 yards running and maybe ~6 TDs. Rodgers' value would take a nosedive if Lacy does much more than that. There are only so many yards that can be gained by an offense and Green Bay is a pass happy offense.

Sure, they will like to be more balanced however the running game is there to open up the passing... not the other way around. Lacy and Franklin are there to make it 2nd & 5 or 3rd & 1 rather than hit the home run.

Tread carefully if drafting any Green Bay rb.
Yeah, it's not a great situation for Lacy. It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't also taken Franklin, and I don't see Harris getting phased out completely either. In the redzone they tend to pass, even on the goalline. Perhaps that changes some with a RB like Lacy, but I also don't see much more than what you've projected.

Users who are viewing this thread