What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 rookie 1.02 (Pre NFL draft) for Dynasty (1 Viewer)

Who is your choice for rookie pick 1.02 in 2QB scoring?

• RB Melvin Gordon

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • WR Amari Cooper

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • WR DeVante Parker

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • WR Sammie Coates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR Kevin White

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • RB Jay Ajayi

• RB Tevin Coleman

• WR Jalen Strong

• QB Marcus Mariotta

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • QB Jamies Winston

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • RB Duke Johnson

• RB TJ Yeldon

• QB Brett Hundley

• Other (please post who this player is in the thread)

• Dont play in this format

Votes: 31 30.4%

• Total voters

Biabreakable

Footballguy
This set of polls is for rookie picks prior to the NFL draft. There will also be a set of polls for after the NFL draft. As always - please feel free to add any comments on why you selected a player at this slot and to suggest players who you think have been overlooked (or if you voted other, then please feel free to add a post on who you voted for).

The purpose for these polls is to attempt to roughly gauge the perceived values of the rookie players without knowing the context of their draft position and team that they are drafted by. The polls that take place after the NFL Draft obviously will factor in situation as well as talent, and of course the knowledge of what NFL Draft round and team each player has landed on.

Debate is very welcome as we all want to know not only which players are specifically ranked ahead of others but also why. This also bumps the thread so that more people will see the poll and hopefully participate by voting.

I will try to stay on top of these and keep the polls moving. The more votes the better. I prefer to not close any poll until there are at least 100 votes and I might leave a poll open longer if the vote is very close between prospects.

Here are the results so far:

2015 Rookie 1.01 (Pre NFL draft)

Standard Scoring

1.01 RB Todd Gurley (50.4%)

PPR Scoring

1.01 RB Todd Gurley (50.4%)

Start 2 QB Scoring

1.01 RB Todd Gurley (30%)

Gordon, Gordon, Winston for me.

The elite hits are rare for QBs and if I'm drafting this high in a 2 QB league, I probably need an elite QB. Not to say Winston is a lock to be elite but I think he has an easier transition than Mariota. I don't worry about off field stuff anymore. I don't enjoy it.

Went Gordon with the other two because elite backs usually produce before elite WRs.

It is actually pretty close between Melvin Gordon (56%) and Amari Cooper (44%) in the PPR poll thus far (34 votes in).

Trades happen before the NFL draft, so it's a nice tool to gauge "group think". We do it again after the NFL draft. It only take a few minutes and WTH, it's the off-season. What else is there to do? :)

What's the point of these things? They are completely worthless until after the rookie draft. Why waste the time?
The purpose of these has already been explained in the original post. To elaborate on that, these polls are a way to get an idea of where people think the rookie players should be ranked prior to the combine.

After the combine peoples opinions will change with the new information. But a lot of the time I think this has too much influence on how people rank the players.

So having a ranking that is based only on what people have watched/know about these players is perhaps the most useful. Compared to a post combine and post NFL draft ranking.

We are at almost 100 votes now so I will be closing this one soon and moving on to poll 1.03

Nice to see Parker, Coleman and Yeldon get a vote. The 2QB poll is somewhat close between Gordon and Mariota.

ETA Poll Closed. You can find the current poll here

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread