What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Streaming Defenses (1 Viewer)

NO vs Hundley has to be the play this week, no?   They have been playing lights out and rivaling jax with the turnovers.  Hundley should be a deer in headlights vs NO.  I agree, hard to trust, but at this pt it’s foolish to overlook what they have done in their last 3 games.  Complete domination.  

Lions defense, who is #2 in scoring in my league, has a pretty great schedule ROS after the bye and they have scored double digits every game except one

8vs Steelers

9at Packers

10vs Browns

11at Bears

12vs Vikings

13at Ravens

14at Buccaneers

15vs Bears

16at Bengals

Last edited by a moderator:
Lions defense, who is #2 in scoring in my league, has a pretty great schedule ROS after the bye and they have scored double digits every game except one
Yep. Shark move to to nab them before waivers run but I would have to drop someone I don't want to. May just go in for 25% of my FAAB to ensure I get them.

MIN was dropped by a team in one of my leagues; with BAL & CLE coming up, they need to be added, right?

i’ve been rolling with BAL’s defense as that appears to be their best offense, but are they worth holding over MIN?

Opted for BUF at home, most likely, against Fitz. NO is still there but GB at home is scary, AR or not.
Went through the exact same thought process. I originally had NO first in my waiver priority, then switched to Buffalo. I just think they're a better defense.

I thought so too. I'm not having any luck streaming this yr at all
It's almost like you just have to think the opposite of what seems logical, the NFL is so unpredictable. ATL home to Miami and facing Cutler, DEF start of the week surely? Nope. Giants in Denver, with all their receivers hurt, they're going to get stomped right? Nope. Give up trying to guess what is going to happen in this league, hardly ever makes sense.

Sometime in the next 3 weeks (BYE, PIT, @GB), grab Detroit. Yes, the team that gave up 52 to the Saints - 28 of which were pick 6s or recovered fumbles from the generous highest paid player in the NFL. Even with the standard (-4) for +35 points allowed, they racked up the 7th most points - 3 turnovers, pick 6 TD, and if you have DST, their 2nd PR TD, plus forced five 3 & outs. Those guys can ball & finish with a nice stretch of matchups starting Week 10:

CLE

@CHI

MIN

@BAL

@TB

CHI

@CIN

GB

Sometime in the next 3 weeks (BYE, PIT, @GB), grab Detroit. Yes, the team that gave up 52 to the Saints - 28 of which were pick 6s or recovered fumbles from the generous highest paid player in the NFL. Even with the standard (-4) for +35 points allowed, they racked up the 7th most points - 3 turnovers, pick 6 TD, and if you have DST, their 2nd PR TD, plus forced five 3 & outs. Those guys can ball & finish with a nice stretch of matchups starting Week 10:

CLE

@CHI

MIN

@BAL

@TB

CHI

@CIN

GB
 Wow I didn't say the exact same thing a few posts up

Dallas on the road against the 49ers with a rookie QB should be a decent play.
Vegas loves them as well if that factors into your decision making.

My Top 3 in one of my leagues where there's little available are:

1. Cowboys (bad D but great matchup vs. rookie QB for bad offense)

2. Chargers (Siemian has been worse on the road and Denver O down a key weapon without Sanders) 

3. Saints (playing great and no Rodgers but still not completely convinced they are for real though last 3 games very impressive)

I have BAL and don't love their @MIN matchup, but it's a shallow bench league so I'll take my medicine this week. The Ravens have a nice schedule RoS, but struggled against the only two semi-competent offenses they faced (looking solely at FFPA to DT) in the Jax Wembley game and PIT. Hopefully I can take my own advice and pick up the Lions before the Ravens Week 10 bye, but have a few more to cover (4 spots Week 9.)

I'm inclined to think the Chargers pass rush will give the Broncos trouble with Sanders out and DT playing hurt.

TEN @CLE is every expert's top pick this week. I get it, both Kizer and Hogan are turnover machines, they got nothing positive going on besides DJJ and Njoku. Makes sense on paper. I'm not sure I'd start the Titans DT if they were playing Rutgers.

MIN was dropped by a team in one of my leagues; with BAL & CLE coming up, they need to be added, right?

i’ve been rolling with BAL’s defense as that appears to be their best offense, but are they worth holding over MIN?
Minny seems like one of the safer picks this week if they are still there.

Presumably people are assuming JAX are unavailable in leagues ? I have NO in just now but yeah JAX are sitting there to be scooped up 

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Have both Bills and Saints and leaning BUF more for this reason. I think Hundley isn’t as green as most think and can do a fair job directing the offense.
Chose BUF over NO. Bills have been tough at home and TB offense wasn't exactly clicking when Winston was healthy. I'd also think they know Fitz rather well.

I'm leaning towards not believing this whole NO D story. They've been more disruptive for sure, but they are still giving up points and yards. On the road, as a favorite, something seems amiss. Still a lot of weapons in GB, Hundley been in the system a while, and I'd bet McCarthy coaches the crap out of this team this week. I smell upset.

Chose BUF over NO. Bills have been tough at home and TB offense wasn't exactly clicking when Winston was healthy. I'd also think they know Fitz rather well.
  :lmao:

First of all, he last played for them in 2012; they've had four HCs since then. Second of all, what exactly is the top secret scouting report on Fitz? "Position DBs in middle of field and wait for him to throw the ball directly to them"?

:lmao:

First of all, he last played for them in 2012; they've had four HCs since then. Second of all, what exactly is the top secret scouting report on Fitz? "Position DBs in middle of field and wait for him to throw the ball directly to them"?
I dunno but Fitz has struggled vs Buffalo in his career

Fitz has struggled IN Buffalo in his career.

Fitz is not a cold weather QB, this has been the case multiple times the last 4-5 years. I used to have him early in season when he was a Bill and right when it got to late October immediately shopped him. For some reason outside of his own terribleness, he can't get out of his way in cold/bad weather. And if there's high winds... lol.

I scooped up the Saints while the Bills were still available.  I think they are both good options, but I am just liking the Saints upside right now, and feel they are worth gambling on(they also get a juicy home matchup against Chicago next week).  A comment above mentioned that they are still giving up a bunch of points.  In the last 3 games they allowed: 13 to Carolina(in Carolina), they shutout the Dolphins in London, and while they allowed 38 to Detroit, 14 of the Lions' points came from a punt and INT return.

I think there is a decent chance Hundley outperforms a lot of people's expectations, but I think there is also a good chance that he tosses a few INTs and that the Saints D can take advantage of the Packers o-line that is dealing with several injuries.

Also a comment mentioned Fitz's struggles against Buffalo...I'm not sure how relevant it is, but his 2 games against the Bills last year he was 44 of 64 for 584 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs.  Passer ratings of 116.5 and 109.  I'm not saying he won't suck(it's very possible he does, and the Bills D has a great game), just throwing a counter-argument to the idea that he always struggles against Buffalo.

FTFY

Fitz is not a cold weather QB, this has been the case multiple times the last 4-5 years. I used to have him early in season when he was a Bill and right when it got to late October immediately shopped him. For some reason outside of his own terribleness, he can't get out of his way in cold/bad weather. And if there's high winds... lol.
That's odd, because I could have sworn I heard somewhere that he went to college up in Boston. Well, not Boston exactly, but the city right next to Boston ... 

If only announcers would ever bother to mention where Fitz went to college, I feel like we might have more insight on this issue. But alas, it will remain a complete mystery.  :lol:

I'm going with the Bills in one league where yardage and points allowed are counted along with turnovers/sacks/tds - they seem to be a legitimate IRL NFL defense and are playing at home.  They have scored double digit points every week in this league and have held every opponent under 20 points.  The get OAK and @NYJ the next two weeks and they get IND and MIA at home in week 14 and 15 -- I'm hoping to keep them for a while.

I'm going with NO in the other league that only counts sacks/turnovers/tds so I'm not worried about GB putting up points if that should occur.  Plus, as mentioned, they get CHI in the dome next week.

FTFY

That's odd, because I could have sworn I heard somewhere that he went to college up in Boston. Well, not Boston exactly, but the city right next to Boston ... 

If only announcers would ever bother to mention where Fitz went to college, I feel like we might have more insight on this issue. But alas, it will remain a complete mystery.  :lol:
Yeah maybe it has to do with some mystical connection he had at that college, can't for the life of me remember the name... maybe it was Borchmore College.

Is DEN still a set and forget DEF?  I grabbed them for last week, and the ROS schedule isn't too bad - if you can get past the KC/PHI/NE trio from wks 8-10.  They end with Mia/NYJ/Ind/Was.

Leaning towards holding BUF and dropping NO on Sat to prevent anyone else benefiting from them given the one day a dropped FA needs to be on waivers.

Agree that while they are definitely hot and deserve to be talked about, their historical record on the road isn’t stellar and I think GB will be ok if not great with Hundley.

Vikings are a problematic matchup for Ravens DT holders. I don’t have room to carry two (in a couple weeks I’ll DET as I like the schedule for both.)

Available:

TEN (amazingly good matchup but lousy all yr)

LAC v. DEN

NYG v. SEA

PHI v. WAS

NO @ GB

I’m holding, I know @ MIN is not going to give me much but I’m heavily favored against an 0-6 team (DRAFT: DJ - Dez - Amari - Reed - Edelman = CHAMPIONSHIP.) I’ll take my lumps, I’m a believer they have righted the ship.

Is DEN still a set and forget DEF?  I grabbed them for last week, and the ROS schedule isn't too bad - if you can get past the KC/PHI/NE trio from wks 8-10.  They end with Mia/NYJ/Ind/Was.
I'd like to know as well.  They are solidly average now, besides schedule are there any reasons why they'll improve? Important players coming back from injury?

I'd like to know as well.  They are solidly average now, besides schedule are there any reasons why they'll improve? Important players coming back from injury?
Shane Ray will return soon and will provide the pass rush opposite Von Miller.  I think DEN is still a "set and forget" DST. The CB's are still shut-down and the pass rush will be furious (teams wont be able to doubleteam Von Miller on most plays).

Titans have had two solid weeks after starting the year quite poor. They have a nice matchup this week against the browns

Someone dropped the Lions on their bye so I pounced. I don’t think they will sustain the current level at which they’ve been generating TOs and INTs, but they play opportunistically and have a great secondary so I think they have Top 5 upside.

Paired them with the Bills, and they seem to complement each other.

To get the Lions I dropped NO. Figure the Bills can get to Jameis and maintain a solid if unspectacular floor, and while the Saints are the hot hand and have a good matchup, at least no one can use NO for the weekend.

Shane Ray will return soon and will provide the pass rush opposite Von Miller.  I think DEN is still a "set and forget" DST. The CB's are still shut-down and the pass rush will be furious (teams wont be able to doubleteam Von Miller on most plays).
Thanks, just the info I was looking for.  I have Jax/Den/Bal Ds, I know its weird carrying 3 but I can play a top 5 D vs a bottom 5 O every week.  Didn't know about Shane Ray, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread