What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Anarchy League 6 Thread (1 Viewer)

My complete team with a few words on each pick (ECR = Fantasy Pros expert consensus). Always appreciate seeing the post-mortem reviews if anyone else feels like taking the time.

1.15 - Packers, TMQB1 GBP
ECR 1. In a year where Deshaun Watson and Russ Wilson ran rampant on the NFL and Tom Brady won MVP, Aaron Rodgers was QB1 by PPG in his complete games ... again. High playoff potential.

2.02 - Michael Thomas, WR6 NOS
ECR 5. Has more catches than Jarvis Landry in his first 2 seasons while also being much better at the "gaining yards and scoring touchdowns" thing. With this format including playoffs, I don't see him as measurably different from Hopkins. Very high playoff potential.

3.15 - Golden Tate, WR21 DET
ECR 19. His worst season with Stafford still ranks in the top 100 PPR seasons of the past 5 years. A little banged up in preseason, but hasn't missed a game since 2012. Low playoff potential.

4.02 - Trey Burton, TE9 CHI
ECR 9. With 2PPR scoring, TE here was a must - play it safe with Walker or gamble on the upside play? I chose the gamble; I'm down on Robinson this year, Miller is a rookie,  Howard can't catch a cold, and Burton should be deployed all over the field. Low playoff potential.

5.15 - Jamison Crowder, WR31 WAS
ECR 29. His down 2017 can be attributed to both injury and being forced outside by the complete self-immolation of Terrelle Pryor. With Richardson in the fold and Doctson healthy, Crowder will likely find his home back in the slot, where 80 receptions are there for the taking. Low playoff potential.

6.02 - Rex Burkhead, RB25 NEP
ECR 24. I have a long-standing vow to never draft the highest-priced member of the Patriots backfield. But Burkhead has the clear edge for early-down and goal-line work on a team that yielded 635 RB fantasy points last year. Very high playoff potential.

7.15 - Eric Ebron, TE18 IND
ECR 17. Based on prior history, I knew I needed to get a TE2 at this turn, but none of the options excited me. However, there has been camp buzz about Luck's chemistry with Ebron, and the undermanned Colts offense under Reich should use 2TE formations extensively, which would boost his fantasy upside. LOL nope playoff potential.

8.02 - Titans, TMQB18 TEN
ECR 17. We saw with the Rams what can happen when a QB goes from a poor system fit to one that is tailored to this talents. Guess who Mariota gets to work with in 2018? The same OC that transformed Goff in 2017. That's not to say that MM making a Goff-like leap in 2018 is a given, but IMO it's within the range of outcomes. Moderate playoff potential.

9.15 - Aaron Jones, RB44 GBP
ECR 50. Alvin Kamara was FO's #1 RB by DVOA in 2017. Guess who was #2? He'll miss the first two games to suspension, but even with that I predict he leads the Packer backfield in rushing yards and Anarchy points. High playoff potential.

10.02 - Ronald Jones, RB45 TBB
ECR 43. I hold out hope that the billion-dollar, million-man-hour NFL draft scouting colossus is a better identifier of NFL-caliber talent than a couple dozen preseason carries. LOL nope playoff potential.

11.15 - Dede Westbrook, WR64 JAX
ECR 61. Keelan Cole is certainly a feel-good story, but with Lee's injury it's Dede I've been targeting everywhere (literally: I own him in every draft I've had this past month). Getting a guy who could lead a playoff team in receiving yards seems like larceny at 175 overall - even if it is Blake the Snake throwing the passes. High playoff potential.

12.02 - Chris Boswell, PK6 PIT
ECR 8. Many of the Steelers responsible for moving the ball down the field are very good at football. High playoff potential.

13.15 - Nick Vannett, TE31 SEA
ECR 31. "His targets have to go somewhere" is one of FF's most useless aphorisms, but when a perennial double-digit TD threat like Graham leaves town, well ... Low playoff potential.

14.02 - Robbie Gould, PK12 SFO
ECR 12. With 30 picks until my next one, I feared a run that would leave me a cut risk at PK2, so settled on Gould ahead of my first choice (Breida) a few hours before the McKinnon news broke. Oh well, sometimes the bear gets you, sometimes you get the (former) Bear. :hophead:  Moderate playoff potential.

15.15 - Mike Wallace, WR80 PHI
ECR 72. Torrey Smith went in the 11th round. I'm baffled that a better version of him on a better offense that throws more often was still on the board four rounds later. High playoff potential. 

16.02 / 18.02 - Falcons, DST16 ATL / Lions, DST26 DET
ECR 15 / 22. Neither is a world-beater but both should be serviceable. High playoff potential for the Falcons.

17.15 - Mike Gillislee, RB69 NOS
ECR 83. Fact: The Saints' backfields score points by the boatload. Fact: Sean Payton has a history of using his RBs in ways that would make Bill Belichick gape in confusion. Conclusion: This pick could be a total throwaway, or a steal on the order of my 2016 PDSL last-round selection of Blount. Very high playoff potential.

I really liked this team through 5 rounds, but feel like I kind of went off the rails after that. The Titans have impressed no one in preseason. Burkhead's production relies on the notoriously fickle Belichick and both Joneses are starting to look like reaches. I'm high on Burton this year, but the two TEs behind him could be either serviceable assets or total washouts. Critically for Anarchy, I also have a bunch of early picks with near-zero playoff hopes. If the NFC Central goes 35-5 out of division in a series of 41-28 blowouts then you'd all better watch out for me. Barring that, this group is headed for a mid-pack finish IMO.

Always enjoy this format and continued thanks to @Anarchy99 for his efforts.  :bow:

My complete team with a few words on each pick (ECR = Fantasy Pros expert consensus). Always appreciate seeing the post-mortem reviews if anyone else feels like taking the time.

1.15 - Packers, TMQB1 GBP
ECR 1. In a year where Deshaun Watson and Russ Wilson ran rampant on the NFL and Tom Brady won MVP, Aaron Rodgers was QB1 by PPG in his complete games ... again. High playoff potential.

2.02 - Michael Thomas, WR6 NOS
ECR 5. Has more catches than Jarvis Landry in his first 2 seasons while also being much better at the "gaining yards and scoring touchdowns" thing. With this format including playoffs, I don't see him as measurably different from Hopkins. Very high playoff potential.

3.15 - Golden Tate, WR21 DET
ECR 19. His worst season with Stafford still ranks in the top 100 PPR seasons of the past 5 years. A little banged up in preseason, but hasn't missed a game since 2012. Low playoff potential.

4.02 - Trey Burton, TE9 CHI
ECR 9. With 2PPR scoring, TE here was a must - play it safe with Walker or gamble on the upside play? I chose the gamble; I'm down on Robinson this year, Miller is a rookie,  Howard can't catch a cold, and Burton should be deployed all over the field. Low playoff potential.

5.15 - Jamison Crowder, WR31 WAS
ECR 29. His down 2017 can be attributed to both injury and being forced outside by the complete self-immolation of Terrelle Pryor. With Richardson in the fold and Doctson healthy, Crowder will likely find his home back in the slot, where 80 receptions are there for the taking. Low playoff potential.

6.02 - Rex Burkhead, RB25 NEP
ECR 24. I have a long-standing vow to never draft the highest-priced member of the Patriots backfield. But Burkhead has the clear edge for early-down and goal-line work on a team that yielded 635 RB fantasy points last year. Very high playoff potential.

7.15 - Eric Ebron, TE18 IND
ECR 17. Based on prior history, I knew I needed to get a TE2 at this turn, but none of the options excited me. However, there has been camp buzz about Luck's chemistry with Ebron, and the undermanned Colts offense under Reich should use 2TE formations extensively, which would boost his fantasy upside. LOL nope playoff potential.

8.02 - Titans, TMQB18 TEN
ECR 17. We saw with the Rams what can happen when a QB goes from a poor system fit to one that is tailored to this talents. Guess who Mariota gets to work with in 2018? The same OC that transformed Goff in 2017. That's not to say that MM making a Goff-like leap in 2018 is a given, but IMO it's within the range of outcomes. Moderate playoff potential.

9.15 - Aaron Jones, RB44 GBP
ECR 50. Alvin Kamara was FO's #1 RB by DVOA in 2017. Guess who was #2? He'll miss the first two games to suspension, but even with that I predict he leads the Packer backfield in rushing yards and Anarchy points. High playoff potential.

10.02 - Ronald Jones, RB45 TBB
ECR 43. I hold out hope that the billion-dollar, million-man-hour NFL draft scouting colossus is a better identifier of NFL-caliber talent than a couple dozen preseason carries. LOL nope playoff potential.

11.15 - Dede Westbrook, WR64 JAX
ECR 61. Keelan Cole is certainly a feel-good story, but with Lee's injury it's Dede I've been targeting everywhere (literally: I own him in every draft I've had this past month). Getting a guy who could lead a playoff team in receiving yards seems like larceny at 175 overall - even if it is Blake the Snake throwing the passes. High playoff potential.

12.02 - Chris Boswell, PK6 PIT
ECR 8. Many of the Steelers responsible for moving the ball down the field are very good at football. High playoff potential.

13.15 - Nick Vannett, TE31 SEA
ECR 31. "His targets have to go somewhere" is one of FF's most useless aphorisms, but when a perennial double-digit TD threat like Graham leaves town, well ... Low playoff potential.

14.02 - Robbie Gould, PK12 SFO
ECR 12. With 30 picks until my next one, I feared a run that would leave me a cut risk at PK2, so settled on Gould ahead of my first choice (Breida) a few hours before the McKinnon news broke. Oh well, sometimes the bear gets you, sometimes you get the (former) Bear. :hophead:  Moderate playoff potential.

15.15 - Mike Wallace, WR80 PHI
ECR 72. Torrey Smith went in the 11th round. I'm baffled that a better version of him on a better offense that throws more often was still on the board four rounds later. High playoff potential. 

16.02 / 18.02 - Falcons, DST16 ATL / Lions, DST26 DET
ECR 15 / 22. Neither is a world-beater but both should be serviceable. High playoff potential for the Falcons.

17.15 - Mike Gillislee, RB69 NOS
ECR 83. Fact: The Saints' backfields score points by the boatload. Fact: Sean Payton has a history of using his RBs in ways that would make Bill Belichick gape in confusion. Conclusion: This pick could be a total throwaway, or a steal on the order of my 2016 PDSL last-round selection of Blount. Very high playoff potential.

I really liked this team through 5 rounds, but feel like I kind of went off the rails after that. The Titans have impressed no one in preseason. Burkhead's production relies on the notoriously fickle Belichick and both Joneses are starting to look like reaches. I'm high on Burton this year, but the two TEs behind him could be either serviceable assets or total washouts. Critically for Anarchy, I also have a bunch of early picks with near-zero playoff hopes. If the NFC Central goes 35-5 out of division in a series of 41-28 blowouts then you'd all better watch out for me. Barring that, this group is headed for a mid-pack finish IMO.

Always enjoy this format and continued thanks to @Anarchy99 for his efforts.  :bow:
I like a lot of the players you landed. Especially where you got the two Joneses.

Out of last place and into the fryer. My non-understanding of the rules of the TE and PPR and blind throwing of darts paid off this week! 

Fear me.  :football:

Users who are viewing this thread