What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 NBA Playoffs Thread - Haters arguing that it took Lebron 10 Finals to win 4 titles (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That call was weak.  Clutch free throws from Middleton though.  Nothing but net on all three.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a weird ending. Butler was fouled but then throws it away on a no-call. Then Middleton isn’t fouled on a 3, but gets to hit 3 free throws. Then Butler is kind of fouled with no time left — contact had no impact on the shot, but if Giannis doesn’t put his hand on him, he probably plows into Butler and knocks him down pretty bad. 

Bucks are looking absolutely horrendous on offense.  WTF is happening.
didn't see the whole game. did coach Bud tweak the offense at all or was it just more of "we're going to do the same thing over and over because it worked in the regular season"?

Sloppy, exciting finish.

Thought Butler traveled just before he made that doofus pass back toward his own basket.

I've been here a long time and have never reported anyone, don't even know how to.

I'm really close.
I've been here a longer time, been reported a lot of times.

Feel free.  Upper right hand corner of posts.

I'm with you man, this non basketball stuff is ridiculous.

Westbrook's playing decent, but Harden is sucking it up.  The longer OKC stays close, the more I think they will pull it out.

Webber taking some comp time or something tonight. lots of dead air after the play by play. i'm not complaining about it either

I just keep remembering the Thunder had a 0.2% chance to make the playoffs this season. 

Thunder have been clutch lately in crunch time. 

These announcers are going out of their way to compliment the officiating. It's so disingenuous and insulting to anyone with eyeballs.

Crunch time game 7:

Paul hits the deck at half court with not-so sellable flop. Then Harden looking like a fish out of water with flop 5 seconds later

I enjoyed Chris Paul the final minute of game 7. He ridiculously flops at mid court on defense, misses a short jumper on offense, than OKC gets the ball back and with the ball down 1 with ~15 seconds left (as the announcers mention him saying he 'was built for this') he promptly fumbles his dribble a bit and throws the ball into a defenders hands and the offensive set goes to crap.

To top it off, down 2 with 1.1 in regulation he spent an entire time out arguing with the officials before not being the player to shoot the technical foul. Then he finishes strong by not getting open on the out of bounds play, and his team exits stage left.  Clutch as always for CP3.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

3 timeouts and the best they did was almost get Adams the ball 22 feet from the rim
I would have been working to get Schroeder the ball.  He was the only one quick enough to get open and at least get a decent look at a shot.

Instead he ran to the weak side wing and stood at the 3pt line not moving.

Imagine if the Rockets lost this series.

Was good matchup for OKC but they were thought to be in total rebuild mode heading into the year.

3 timeouts and the best they did was almost get Adams the ball 22 feet from the rim
Just horrid final play calls for OKC all around.  Adams especially could have and should have had far more situational awareness. At one point during the inbounds process--he literally had a wide open path to dive to the basket and instead of back cutting and diving--he came upwards and out.  He basically ran to the exact area/range on the court where he has zero effectiveness.  I had picked Houston to win the series--but I would have at least liked to have seen a final shot go up by OKC.  

Oh what could have (should have) been

That’s my guy. Outside of basketball, I love that man to death. He knows that,” Heat star Jimmy Butler said of Joel Embiid, via Sam Amick of The Athletic. “I tell him every opportunity I get, and I appreciate him for making me a better player, a better leader, better at understanding so many different things. I talk to him all the time, and I tell him, ‘I wish you were still in the playoffs, because you deserve a championship.’ Because he works. He works at it, and that’s just my guy.”

Joel Embiid sent out a one-word tweet moments after Butler’s 40-point gem in Game 1, in which the Sixers big man simply said, “If…” For most, this was Embiid pondering the Sixers’ fate had they kept Butler on board, instead of parting ways with him during the offseason.

Addressing the tweet in question, Butler admitted that like Embiid, he too wishes that they were still both on the same team:

“Yeah, I saw it, and I know that he still wanted me to be on his team. And I still wanted to be teammates with him,” said Heat talent Jimmy Butler. “Let’s not get that misunderstood. But here, with these guys, I’m not trading that for the world either.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread