What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Peripheral NFL Draft Implications (1 Viewer)

Ravens trade Hollywood and then don't draft another WR.  Bateman and Andrews going to be league leaders in targets. 

Saints must know/believe that Kamara will not be suspended (or it will be short) and that Tony Jones is a good enough backup plan.  Not many picks in this draft but they do not take a RB. 
I would bet one of Julio/Fuller/Landry end up in Baltimore. 

Saints still have Mark Ingram do they not?

KC takes Isiah Pacheco (right spelling) in the seventh. That's 4.37 and a whole lot of truckin' weight to contain. NFL Network just said "he will make this team." 

Hoo boy. Interesting. 
I doubt he's any threat to CEH/Jones. That 4.37 never shows up on highlights, he looks a lot slower.

I know people have been disappointed by CEH, but man, this offseason really couldn't be going much better for him. 

I would bet one of Julio/Fuller/Landry end up in Baltimore. 

Saints still have Mark Ingram do they not?
Wow I completely forgot about Ingram.  afaik he's still there, you're right.  

Amazing that Landry hasn't signed anywhere yet.  Baltimore sounds like a perfect place for him, and to stick to it Cleveland 2x/yr has to be a bonus

Mooney owners not getting slapped by a premium or even meaningful WR prospect has to be really high up on the list for this thread. Velus is not real competition. I’m sure the Bears sign some WR help after the draft now but the biggest potential stumbling block for Mooney’s continued ascension was dodged. Now it’s up to him and Fields…and they’ve spent a lot of time together this offseason. 

Mooney owners not getting slapped by a premium or even meaningful WR prospect has to be really high up on the list for this thread. Velus is not real competition. I’m sure the Bears sign some WR help after the draft now but the biggest potential stumbling block for Mooney’s continued ascension was dodged. Now it’s up to him and Fields…and they’ve spent a lot of time together this offseason. 
Amazingly Velus is 5 months older than Mooney. I agree that Mooney seems to be a lock for north of 150 targets, but the issue is whether he can be effective enough with secondaries keying on him with no proven others to take pressure off.

I liked hearing those reports of Mooney and Fields spending a week together. Maybe they will take a page from Stafford/Kupp and have breakfast every day together during training camp. Considering the Bears are likely to be behind often, Mooney could possibly flirt with 170+ targets (T12 last season with 140). Who needs efficiency if that's the volume? Hopefully the new coaching staff recognizes the chemistry between them.

Amazingly Velus is 5 months older than Mooney. I agree that Mooney seems to be a lock for north of 150 targets, but the issue is whether he can be effective enough with secondaries keying on him with no proven others to take pressure off.
I suspect they sign a guy or two, there’s some decent veteran options in FA that now have no compensatory pick implications (not sure if Bears were waiting for that reason or not). I’ve seen people call for Fuller there…that would open things up for Mooney and work in a complementary way imo. 

The more I read advanced stats, the worse Zamir White looks. There are some sites doing pioneering work that are really down on him. 
White might be living off his status coming out of HS as the #1 RB in his class. He did suffer a serious knee injury late his senior year in HS. Then after a promising start at Georgia he suffered another knee injury. It has taken sometime for him to regain form. He showed some glimpses of his old self last year. 

Users who are viewing this thread