What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-2024 Battle For Shining Path's Cup - All Rosters Loaded - Free Agency Open Now (2 Viewers)

I just traded for a WR whose quarterback is going on IR and gave the guy whose quarterback is going on IR C.J. Stroud.

Folks, you can thank me later! Ay yi yi.
:tebow:
ETA: I initially offered Pukachu but you wanted Cooper. :shrug:

I am blaming myself, kupcho1! Don't sweat it.

I wanted Cooper because I figured they were in the playoff hunt and DW would do anything to play.

Whoops.

I drafted 3 QBs, was even mocked for drafting a second QB early. First Anthony Richardson. No big deal, he was a flier in case he caught fire. Was looking pretty good as well. Then Kirk Cousins. Always reliable if not spectacular. OK, that's worrisome, but hey I drafted Joe Cool as my QB1. OK. Well then. Thanks for the season! Crazy how the wikkid division took off.

I drafted 3 QBs, was even mocked for drafting a second QB early. First Anthony Richardson. No big deal, he was a flier in case he caught fire. Was looking pretty good as well. Then Kirk Cousins. Always reliable if not spectacular. OK, that's worrisome, but hey I drafted Joe Cool as my QB1. OK. Well then. Thanks for the season! Crazy how the wikkid division took off.

I drafted Richardson in the 5th round. He was qb1 in pts per game when he went down. Stuck me with Baker and his back up unless i get lucky in waivers. I've put in for a QB a few times and someone else has had priority. I started hot. Won 4 straight. Had the most points for. Then dropped 3 straight. Fell pretty hard in scoring. Now I'm tops in points and on another 4 game win streak. :shrug:

I can't imagine a Baker led team winning this. I'm curious now who your 1st qb was. If we're 16 again next year qbs are going earlier and oftener after this mess of season for the position.

I drafted Richardson in the 5th round. He was qb1 in pts per game when he went down. Stuck me with Baker and his back up unless i get lucky in waivers. I've put in for a QB a few times and someone else has had priority. I started hot. Won 4 straight. Had the most points for. Then dropped 3 straight. Fell pretty hard in scoring. Now I'm tops in points and on another 4 game win streak. :shrug:

I can't imagine a Baker led team winning this. I'm curious now who your 1st qb was. If we're 16 again next year qbs are going earlier and oftener after this mess of season for the position.
You are right, I have Richardson in 2 other leagues but not here. Yeah I drafted Burrow first then Cousins. Thought I was safe with those 2 but, not the case :)

Hey, week 14 and it's me vs @Corporation for a playoff spot!
:towelwave:
Good luck! Not sure how anyone can beat either Joe Flacco, Aidan OConnell, Tommy DeVito, or Joshua Dobbs at QB 😂

It’s been a fun season, thanks again all!
Congrats on the win. It was fun while it lasted. I think where I ran into trouble was starting 5-0 (I think) and not getting any of the free agents I put in for given how waivers work.
Count me in for next year (if I haven't been relegated).

Hey, week 14 and it's me vs @Corporation for a playoff spot!
:towelwave:
Good luck! Not sure how anyone can beat either Joe Flacco, Aidan OConnell, Tommy DeVito, or Joshua Dobbs at QB 😂

It’s been a fun season, thanks again all!
Congrats on the win. It was fun while it lasted. I think where I ran into trouble was starting 5-0 (I think) and not getting any of the free agents I put in for given how waivers work.
Count me in for next year (if I haven't been relegated).
Great season! You are definitely in next year!

Playoffs are ready! Congrats to @Chaos34 and @Keerock for winning their divisions and getting byes. The 4 wildcards came from the incredibly strong wikkid division:

Corporation vs @BeTheMatch
@higgins vs @neal cassady

Hard luck of the year award to @rockaction . He scored the second most amount of points but lost the last playoff spot via tiebreaker to @neal cassady (who scored the most points).

Thanks all for a great year and good luck in the playoffs. If you are not in the main playoff bracket, please don't drop players as that might impact the playoffs.

I changed my team name from Chaos's Shoes to Chaos's Sneakers. My team is sneaky. My last two picks are a sort of litmus test for the information I used. I may do a writeup about what I mean and how I came up with this roster, but it would be kinda long and I am kinda lazy. Well, I just woke up after a long excellent sleep that followed a few days of my usual insomnia. Still sleepy. Need coffee. Fun draft. Love that we grew to 16. Good luck all.

I'm bored and on a bye this week so I thought I'd 'splain this old post above; cuz dang, three of my four teams have byes this week, and the 4th is alone in 2nd and in the playoffs that start next week. Wth? I quit FF in 2015 and unquit three seasons ago. The first year back was disaster. Determined to be better, last year I started in early July doing a bunch of best balls at DraftKings and following all the info coming from this site, fantasy pros, pff, and establish the run. That's a ton of information. I did better. In 4 leagues I did not make the playoffs tho.

So in July I started the same process, but I was too busy and just couldn't. I found a list of NFL beat writers for every team. I enjoyed sports journalism alot more than fantasy clickbait. There's alot less of it to peruse for sure, and you get alot of cool NFL stories removed from our fantasy world. It's just better "reading". I also noticed alot of drum beats for individual players. I am using alot alot. So I based my draft on those drum beats. Not all of it, but alot of it. Mostly when the adp wasn't nearly as strong as the drum beat. So that's why I thought my team was sneaky. :shrug:

I changed my team name from Chaos's Shoes to Chaos's Sneakers. My team is sneaky. My last two picks are a sort of litmus test for the information I used. I may do a writeup about what I mean and how I came up with this roster, but it would be kinda long and I am kinda lazy. Well, I just woke up after a long excellent sleep that followed a few days of my usual insomnia. Still sleepy. Need coffee. Fun draft. Love that we grew to 16. Good luck all.

I'm bored and on a bye this week so I thought I'd 'splain this old post above; cuz dang, three of my four teams have byes this week, and the 4th is alone in 2nd and in the playoffs that start next week. Wth? I quit FF in 2015 and unquit three seasons ago. The first year back was disaster. Determined to be better, last year I started in early July doing a bunch of best balls at DraftKings and following all the info coming from this site, fantasy pros, pff, and establish the run. That's a ton of information. I did better. In 4 leagues I did not make the playoffs tho.

So in July I started the same process, but I was too busy and just couldn't. I found a list of NFL beat writers for every team. I enjoyed sports journalism alot more than fantasy clickbait. There's alot less of it to peruse for sure, and you get alot of cool NFL stories removed from our fantasy world. It's just better "reading". I also noticed alot of drum beats for individual players. I am using alot alot. So I based my draft on those drum beats. Not all of it, but alot of it. Mostly when the adp wasn't nearly as strong as the drum beat. So that's why I thought my team was sneaky. :shrug:
Cool! I threw darts. 🎯

GG and GL fellas. Terrible year in all leagues for me. :sadbanana:

Thanks. I don't anticipate winning any of my leagues but it is fun to have the chances.

Also, that list of best balls at DK is showing significant winnings as of now. Like 5xs the entry prices. And in a FBG 13 team best ball, I am currently in 1st. Again, wth?

Cool! I threw darts. 🎯
Well one of your darts hit me. Watch it!

Really good day for him and for you. That was a brave move that really paid off, congrats!

This season and this 16 team league are just crazy. In the semis I benched Baker friggin Mayfield for Mason Rudolph. Remains to be seen if Baker does better. My opponent benched Tommy friggin DeVito for Joe Flacco. Nuts.

Also there isn't just a fine line between courage and stupidity. They're often the same thing. ;)

In just about the most ridiculous lineup for a Championship game I can ever remember, after many years, the BeatDown Brigade has claimed a Shining Path Cup with a victory over @higgins oVVn and shoot!

Joe Flacco (waiver wire), Cedrick Wilson (waiver wire), Jayden Reed (waiver wire), Tyler Lockett, King Henry, Kyren Williams (waiver wire), Dalton Schultz, and Buffalo.

Thanks again guys, this is always a super fun league. Hope to see everyone back next year!

Disappointing year for your hero… 5 leagues… lost 3 consolation games (4th place), one dud (no playoffs) and one league plays all 18 weeks and I need a small miracle to get in the money and/or make playoffs 🙁

4 leagues. All made the playoffs. Two advanced to the championship. Both lost yesterday. Sounds disappointing, but I had a blast. It could have been better, but it sure could have been far worse.

Users who are viewing this thread