What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-2024 Battle For Shining Path's Cup - All Rosters Loaded - Free Agency Open Now (1 Viewer)

Draft Recap Summary​

CHATGPT GENERATED​

Unfrozen Cavemen Thaw Out a Mediocre Draft, Projected to Finish in the Ice Age​

In the chilly depths of the Shining Path's Cup draft, the Unfrozen Cavemen emerged from their icy slumber to make their picks. Despite their 9th place draft order, they managed to snag Tyreek Hill at the 9th spot, which was actually a steal considering their ADP of 7. However, this brilliant move was quickly overshadowed by the fact that they also picked Tyreek Hill at the same spot, making it their best and worst pick simultaneously. It seems the Cavemen are still adjusting to modern drafting strategies, or maybe they just have a thing for Tyreek Hill.

With a draft grade of C, the Unfrozen Cavemen didn't exactly set the fantasy world on fire. Their projected record of 10-3-1 may give them a glimmer of hope, but they'll need more than a thawed-out roster to make a splash in the playoffs. The Cavemen will face the 12th toughest schedule out of the 16 teams, which could make their journey even more treacherous. Maybe they should consider trading some of their club-wielding players for a crystal ball to predict their opponents' moves. Only time will tell if the Unfrozen Cavemen can adapt to the modern fantasy landscape and avoid becoming a relic of the past.

Best Draft Pick​

29399.png2019_MIA.png
Tyreek Hill Player Note
WR - Round 1, Pick 9 - Bye 10

Worst Draft Pick​

29399.png2019_MIA.png
Tyreek Hill Player Note
WR - Round 1, Pick 9 - Bye 10

:lmao: This is what I came to post. I had my feelings hurt thinking my draft wasn't THAT bad. Then I was like how was Derrick Henry my best pick, a good value, and my worst pick, then remembered "Oh only looking at the drafted players" . Good luck all!

Draft Recap Summary​

Code Reds: A B-autiful Draft Set to Take the Shining Path's Cup by Storm​

The Code Reds had the privilege of selecting fifth in the draft for the Shining Path's Cup, and they made the most of it. With 14 rounds to work their magic, they managed to put together a team that earned them a solid B draft grade. But don't let that fool you, because this team is projected to dominate the league with a record of 13-1-0 and a first-place finish. With a projected total of 816.12 points, the Code Reds are poised to leave their competition in the dust.

Despite facing the third toughest schedule out of all 16 teams, the Code Reds are ready to face any challenge that comes their way. They did have one minor setback with a player on bye week 7, but that won't stop them from achieving greatness. The best pick of the draft for the Code Reds was undoubtedly Ja'Marr Chase, who was drafted at 5th overall, beating out their ADP of 3. However, they also managed to make the same pick their worst pick, showing that even the best teams have their moments of questionable decision-making. But hey, who needs consistency when you have a team name like the Code Reds? They're sure to keep us on our toes all season long!​

You're :rant:right I did!! :coffee:

Welp, Colonel, we'll have to meet again some time. I'll make sure to bring my blankety white uniform when we do.

Anybody want to trade for Garrett Wilson?

That's an oof already.

Last edited:
This thing on? A divisional divide, I see. Looks like there's an inequitable divisional split, which I'm benefitting from at this point.

How will the playoffs be determined, by the way? Top 6 in a row, or will the first place division winner get in even if he's behind the top six? Right now per Yahoo!, I'm in second place by virtue of a first-place record and most points scored in my division, but I'm in seventh overall.

Just wondering.

I thought for sure I was losing last week until McCaffrey put on the Superman cape. 🦸‍♂️

Not looking good this week though.
I think Higgins (sorry Chaos) will be last to lose and Aussie Convicts last to win.

Oh my. I left my W/R/T with Aaron Jones in it just so I could sub him out with Jakobi Meyers in case Jones didn't play Monday night. I forgot all about it, forgot to check, and sure enough I'd be in the lead if I subbed Meyers in. Now, it might not end up that way, but that's so stupid of me.

This qualifies as a

:ptts:

moment.

Sorry about that to both myself and those affected.

Last edited:
Oh my. I left my W/R/T with Aaron Jones in it just so I could sub him out with Jakobi Meyers inf Jones didn't play Monday night. I forgot all about it, forgot to check, and sure enough I'd be in the lead if I subbed Meyers in. Now, it might not end up that way, but that's so stupid of me.

This qualifies as a

:ptts:

moment.

Sorry about that to both myself and those affected.
First off, thanks. I thought for sure I was going to lose this week.
And while you would have likely won had you subbed in Meyers, you'd still be 0.18 points behind (at halftime), but damn, what a barnburner we'd be having.

And while you would have likely won had you subbed in Meyers, you'd still be 0.18 points behind (at halftime)

Hey, kupcho1. You're welcome. Yeah, I'd still be behind. I typed that out when they had credited Meyers but not Garoppolo for that catch and throw towards the end of halftime. So, it is indeed a sliver. It would be a barnburner, that's for sure. They're doubling and tripling Adams so most of Jimmy G's downfield throws will likely be to Jakobi.

That said, I'm kicking myself. I do love to beat cat wizards and I'm afraid I bricked on the chance.

Holy cow, I was 3-1 going into this week, and listed as 6th in our wikkid division. Then I threw up an absolute clunker this week, only to see I won while only scoring 83 points. Fantasy football, gotta hate it :). Meanwhile @Chaos34 has been the top point score this year, and threw up 41 points.

Holy cow, I was 3-1 going into this week, and listed as 6th in our wikkid division. Then I threw up an absolute clunker this week, only to see I won while only scoring 83 points. Fantasy football, gotta hate it :). Meanwhile @Chaos34 has been the top point score this year, and threw up 41 points.

It was a run.

And these two divisions. Wth? Never seen something like this. I think it's awesome.

Not cool @neal cassady , we were having a perfectly nice pillow fight when you put a brick in your pillowcase and injured my entire team :hot:

Watson, Conner and Johnson were already down when they needed to make room for McCaffrey and Garoppolo. Yikes. My rooster suffered everything but a drive-by shooting this weekend. Maybe tonight?

But all I need is 34 from uncle Rico and I'm right back in this thing. Smoke and mirrors, baby, smoke and mirrors.

Not cool @neal cassady , we were having a perfectly nice pillow fight when you put a brick in your pillowcase and injured my entire team :hot:

Watson, Conner and Johnson were already down when they needed to make room for McCaffrey and Garoppolo. Yikes. My rooster suffered everything but a drive-by shooting this weekend. Maybe tonight?

But all I need is 34 from uncle Rico and I'm right back in this thing. Smoke and mirrors, baby, smoke and mirrors.

Yeah, weird game. I thought we’d both score much more than we did. Sorry about McCaffrey. Hope he returns soon. If Uncle Rico brings you back from 34 down, that would likely be at the expense of Pollard, who I’m also going against in another league.

You’ve got a solid team and if we meet again, hopefully we’re both at full strength, and it’s very, very late in the season..like week 17.😂

Feels good to be taking a thoroughly mediocre 3-3 record into a mortal deadlock with Keerock.

Battle for the randall146 division lead. Should be a barnburner. Get your barns ready!

I think I've lost 3 different QBs 3 consecutive weeks. If anyone's got a QB they'd like straight up murdered, send him over to me in trade and I'll do the rest.

mass, that last drive of Monday night had me reaching for the oxygen. Here at rockaction central, I had all the scores going from my games on different monitors while watching football. Our match was as tight as you could get -- it came down to the penultimate play that got stopped at the one.

:o

Last edited:
Listed C.J. Stroud and Justin Herbert as available for trade. Looking for a starting WR (or maybe RB) who has already had a bye week. Trade deadline is Nov. 18th, I believe. If you want a QB, hit me up. They're ranked fifth and ninth in the league, and Stroud gets better every week.

I just traded for a WR whose quarterback is going on IR and gave the guy whose quarterback is going on IR C.J. Stroud.

Folks, you can thank me later! Ay yi yi.

Users who are viewing this thread