What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions 2-1: Lions beat Cards with the ole "Hook & Ladder" play (91 Viewers)

preliminary PFF grades

Aidan Hutchinson didn’t have a sack in his first game of Year 2 of the Detroit Lions. But the edge defender picked up where he left off, creating a team-leading seven pressures in their 21-20 win against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Hutchinson seemed to have jumpy Chiefs right tackle Jawaan Taylor in a blender more times than not, with his moves looping around back to the inside standing out.

Pro Football Focus had Hutchinson adding four hurries and three quarterback hits. Charles Harris (four), John Cominsky (three), Josh Paschal (two), James Houston (two), Benito Jones (two) and Levi Onwuzurike (two) had multiple pressures, as well. Nobody was able to wrangle Patrick Mahomes, though, with the Chiefs quarterback running for 45 yards, slipping away from that pressure all night long.

“That was tough. That was a battle especially from the defensive line perspective,” Hutchinson said from the locker room. “We were trying to keep him in the pocket and the scrambling. First time playing him, and you have a lot of respect on how he can move throughout the pocket. Big credit to our team for sticking it out, adversity, away game, first one of the season. I’m very impressed with what we did. We’re going to build off of this.

“That was the goal (to disrupt Mahomes). I knew it was going to be hard going into today. He likes to scramble on the defensive left side. It was a difficult job. I tried my hardest. I thought we did a good job. He got out a couple of times, but we expected it. We do what we could and we’re going to learn from this and move on.”

“I was trying to get after the quarterback,” Hutchinson said. “That’s my only goal is to do my job and get the quarterback. By the end, I was just playing quarterback spy. I was thinking, ‘I’m not letting this dude get out of the pocket.’ That was the mentality, and I thought we did a good job with that at the end.”

Five highest-graded defenders (with enough snaps):
  1. DT Alim McNeill (78.6)
  2. LB Derrick Barnes (74.9 with a 90.6 run defense)
  3. DL Josh Paschal (73.4)
  4. EDGE Charles Harris (70.4)
  5. DB C.J. Gardner-Johnson (69.4)
Five-lowest graded defenders (with enough snaps):
  1. LB Malcolm Rodriguez (31.9)
  2. LB Jack Campbell (53.2)
  3. CB Cam Sutton (57.9)
  4. DT Benito Jones (59.7)
  5. CB Jerry Jacobs (59.8)
Five highest-graded offensive players (with enough snaps):
  1. RG Halapoulivaati Vaitai (88.4)
  2. RB Jahmyr Gibbs (78.8)
  3. QB Jared Goff (76.5)
  4. RT Penei Sewell (75.5)
  5. C Frank Ragnow (75.1)
Five lowest-graded offensive players (with enough snaps):
  1. WR Marvin Jones Jr. (35.1)
  2. TE Brock Wright (38.8)
  3. RB David Montgomery (55.1)
  4. LG Jonah Jackson (64.4)
  5. TE Sam LaPorta (67.8)

Thought Campbell would be a little more noticeable last night. Never really heard his name called all night.

outstanding PBU

made a key stop, came back next play with the great breakup, and IIRC the pick 6 followed that play

• Jahmyr Gibbs: 7 Carries, 42 yards, 2 receptions 18 yards
  • Sam LaPorta: 5 catches, 39 yards
  • Brian Branch: 3 tackles, 1PD, 1INT, 1TD
  • Jack Campbell: 2 tackles, 1PD
Laporta had a crucial block on Nick Bolton on the Montgomery TD

Ease them in? For the most part, yeah, but they all contributed.

Right now Barnes is outplaying Jack but you can see 46 is getting better, dude is going to be a good player IMO

a little deeper dive on the linebacker rotation

coverage
  • Anzalone 16 pass play snaps, 41 in coverage (allowed 3/4 25 yards, ADoT -0.3, 1 PBU/forced incompletion), 56.9 coverage grade
  • Campbell 19 pass plays, 19 coverage (1/3 25 yards, ADoT 15.7, 1 PBU), 49.6
  • Barnes 15, 15 (1/1 10 yards, -4.0), 48.1
  • Rodriguez 14, 11 (1/3 10 yards, 3.7), 39.4
  • Houston 16, 5 (not targeted), 63.3
run defense
  • Anzalone 16 run play snaps, 3 tackles, 1 assist, 3 stops, 63.7 run defense grade
  • Barnes 12 plays, 3 tackels, 1 asssit, 2 stops, 90.6
  • Campbell 6, no stats, 66.6
  • Houston 5, no stats, 54.4
  • Rodrigues no run play snaps
pass rush
  • Anzalone 4 pass rushes, 1 QB hit, 25.0% win rate, 67.7 pass rush grade
  • Houston 11 pass rushes, 1 hit, 1 hurry, 30.0% win rate, 67.4
  • Barnes no pass rushes
  • Campbell no pass rushes
  • Rodrigues 3 pass rushes, no stats, 52.2
I have a full subscription to PFF this year so if you guys ever want me to pull data just post here & I'll look it up. (Lions only, thanks lol)

Watching the replay I love the unpredictable HC. Punt from the KC 40 (downed at the 9) combined with the fake punt from deep in their own territory. Fantastic range for the other team to figure out.

After the fake punt, the Ford family should have had a contract extension prepared and in Dan Campbell's hands by halftime.

Ceedy (CJGJ) was live streaming from the flight home last night. Dude is hilarious.

The balls on that mother****er huh? Oh, hey....KC....that get back is a MF ain't it?
Dude is an elite trash talker.

Campbell has tried 8 fake punts in 35 games. Worked 7 times. On the one that didn't, guy was open and P Jack Fox hit him but the dude (Godwin Igwebuike) dropped it.

I'm no advanced analytics guy but I think 87.5% conversion rate is good, no?
Big balls, small sample size :lmao:

In all seriousness, that fake punt was absolutely a case where you throw out the analytics. It's Week 1 and you're trying to set a tone for your season. Reminds me of Daboll going for the win on the 2PC in his first game as Giants HC last year. IMO Campbell was telling his team that he wasn't going to let the high expectations box him into playing tentatively. Doing it early in the game made it feel like an act of confidence rather than desperation. Even if it had failed, even if it had cost them the game, I would still have said it was the right call. Sometimes the losses in Week 1 lead to victories in Week 18 ... but I'm glad this one also led to a victory in Week 1.

I also think he is informed by

"Fipp has been my ST Coordinator for 3 years now, we led the league in ST play last year, and this works 85.7% of the time (6/7)...**** it I hate 3 n out."

preliminary PFF grades

Aidan Hutchinson didn’t have a sack in his first game of Year 2 of the Detroit Lions. But the edge defender picked up where he left off, creating a team-leading seven pressures in their 21-20 win against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Hutchinson seemed to have jumpy Chiefs right tackle Jawaan Taylor in a blender more times than not, with his moves looping around back to the inside standing out.

Pro Football Focus had Hutchinson adding four hurries and three quarterback hits. Charles Harris (four), John Cominsky (three), Josh Paschal (two), James Houston (two), Benito Jones (two) and Levi Onwuzurike (two) had multiple pressures, as well. Nobody was able to wrangle Patrick Mahomes, though, with the Chiefs quarterback running for 45 yards, slipping away from that pressure all night long.

“That was tough. That was a battle especially from the defensive line perspective,” Hutchinson said from the locker room. “We were trying to keep him in the pocket and the scrambling. First time playing him, and you have a lot of respect on how he can move throughout the pocket. Big credit to our team for sticking it out, adversity, away game, first one of the season. I’m very impressed with what we did. We’re going to build off of this.

“That was the goal (to disrupt Mahomes). I knew it was going to be hard going into today. He likes to scramble on the defensive left side. It was a difficult job. I tried my hardest. I thought we did a good job. He got out a couple of times, but we expected it. We do what we could and we’re going to learn from this and move on.”

“I was trying to get after the quarterback,” Hutchinson said. “That’s my only goal is to do my job and get the quarterback. By the end, I was just playing quarterback spy. I was thinking, ‘I’m not letting this dude get out of the pocket.’ That was the mentality, and I thought we did a good job with that at the end.”

Five highest-graded defenders (with enough snaps):
  1. DT Alim McNeill (78.6)
  2. LB Derrick Barnes (74.9 with a 90.6 run defense)
  3. DL Josh Paschal (73.4)
  4. EDGE Charles Harris (70.4)
  5. DB C.J. Gardner-Johnson (69.4)
Five-lowest graded defenders (with enough snaps):
  1. LB Malcolm Rodriguez (31.9)
  2. LB Jack Campbell (53.2)
  3. CB Cam Sutton (57.9)
  4. DT Benito Jones (59.7)
  5. CB Jerry Jacobs (59.8)
Five highest-graded offensive players (with enough snaps):
  1. RG Halapoulivaati Vaitai (88.4)
  2. RB Jahmyr Gibbs (78.8)
  3. QB Jared Goff (76.5)
  4. RT Penei Sewell (75.5)
  5. C Frank Ragnow (75.1)
Five lowest-graded offensive players (with enough snaps):
  1. WR Marvin Jones Jr. (35.1)
  2. TE Brock Wright (38.8)
  3. RB David Montgomery (55.1)
  4. LG Jonah Jackson (64.4)
  5. TE Sam LaPorta (67.8)

Thought Campbell would be a little more noticeable last night. Never really heard his name called all night.

outstanding PBU

made a key stop, came back next play with the great breakup, and IIRC the pick 6 followed that play

• Jahmyr Gibbs: 7 Carries, 42 yards, 2 receptions 18 yards
  • Sam LaPorta: 5 catches, 39 yards
  • Brian Branch: 3 tackles, 1PD, 1INT, 1TD
  • Jack Campbell: 2 tackles, 1PD
Laporta had a crucial block on Nick Bolton on the Montgomery TD

Ease them in? For the most part, yeah, but they all contributed.

Right now Barnes is outplaying Jack but you can see 46 is getting better, dude is going to be a good player IMO

a little deeper dive on the linebacker rotation

coverage
  • Anzalone 16 pass play snaps, 41 in coverage (allowed 3/4 25 yards, ADoT -0.3, 1 PBU/forced incompletion), 56.9 coverage grade
  • Campbell 19 pass plays, 19 coverage (1/3 25 yards, ADoT 15.7, 1 PBU), 49.6
  • Barnes 15, 15 (1/1 10 yards, -4.0), 48.1
  • Rodriguez 14, 11 (1/3 10 yards, 3.7), 39.4
  • Houston 16, 5 (not targeted), 63.3
run defense
  • Anzalone 16 run play snaps, 3 tackles, 1 assist, 3 stops, 63.7 run defense grade
  • Barnes 12 plays, 3 tackels, 1 asssit, 2 stops, 90.6
  • Campbell 6, no stats, 66.6
  • Houston 5, no stats, 54.4
  • Rodrigues no run play snaps
pass rush
  • Anzalone 4 pass rushes, 1 QB hit, 25.0% win rate, 67.7 pass rush grade
  • Houston 11 pass rushes, 1 hit, 1 hurry, 30.0% win rate, 67.4
  • Barnes no pass rushes
  • Campbell no pass rushes
  • Rodrigues 3 pass rushes, no stats, 52.2
I have a full subscription to PFF this year so if you guys ever want me to pull data just post here & I'll look it up. (Lions only, thanks lol)
Thanks a million. Please post anything you find relevant we are here to soak it up.

Watching the replay I love the unpredictable HC. Punt from the KC 40 (downed at the 9) combined with the fake punt from deep in their own territory. Fantastic range for the other team to figure out.

After the fake punt, the Ford family should have had a contract extension prepared and in Dan Campbell's hands by halftime.

Ceedy (CJGJ) was live streaming from the flight home last night. Dude is hilarious.

The balls on that mother****er huh? Oh, hey....KC....that get back is a MF ain't it?

Campbell has tried 8 fake punts in 35 games. Worked 7 times. On the one that didn't, guy was open and P Jack Fox hit him but the dude (Godwin Igwebuike) dropped it.

In all seriousness, that fake punt was absolutely a case where you throw out the analytics. It's Week 1 and you're trying to set a tone for your season. Reminds me of Daboll going for the win on the 2PC in his first game as Giants HC last year. IMO Campbell was telling his team that he wasn't going to let the high expectations box him into playing tentatively. Doing it early in the game made it feel like an act of confidence rather than desperation. Even if it had failed, even if it had cost them the game, I would still have said it was the right call. Sometimes the losses in Week 1 lead to victories in Week 18 ... but I'm glad this one also led to a victory in Week 1.

"Fipp has been my ST Coordinator for 3 years now, we led the league in ST play last year, and this works 85.7% of the time (6/7)...**** it I hate 3 n out."

Going for it on 4th down from your 17 yard line is going to blow up on you at some time and cost you a game. Overall it may increase your chances of winning if you are converting 87%.

Going for it on 4th down from your 17 yard line is going to blow up on you at some time and cost you a game. Overall it may increase your chances of winning if you are converting 87%.

Going forward teams might not even try for a block or big return and just concentrate on the possible fake.

On fourth-and-25, with three timeouts in his pocket, the Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid opted not to punt despite being positioned on his own 30-yard line. Instead, Reid gave Patrick Mahomes another crack at the Detroit Lions' defense.

Somebody seemed mighty insulted by that decision.

“No respect,” Lions defensive back C.J. Gardner-Johnson told USA TODAY Sports amid a festive visitor’s locker room after the stunning 21-20 victory. “You’re going for it on fourth-and-20, they got no respect for u

Going forward teams might not even try for a block or big return and just concentrate on the possible fake.

On fourth-and-25, with three timeouts in his pocket, the Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid opted not to punt despite being positioned on his own 30-yard line. Instead, Reid gave Patrick Mahomes another crack at the Detroit Lions' defense.

“No respect,” Lions defensive back C.J. Gardner-Johnson told USA TODAY Sports amid a festive visitor’s locker room after the stunning 21-20 victory. “You’re going for it on fourth-and-20, they got no respect for u

Completely disagree. Pretty sure it was the right statical play and it is showing the Lions a ton of respect. The Chiefs said we have a better chance at converting a 4th and 20 then stopping the Lions offense, holding them to a field goal and then having to drive the entire length of the field for a touchdown to win the game.

That was a great win for the Lions because they played a B minus game and still found a way to win and that is what great teams do.

I hope the Lions don't become the disrespect or no one thought we could do it team. IMO there is nothing more annoying than those teams.

Completely disagree. Pretty sure it was the right statical play and it is showing the Lions a ton of respect. The Chiefs said we have a better chance at converting a 4th and 20 then stopping the Lions offense, holding them to a field goal and then having to drive the entire length of the field for a touchdown to win the game.

That was a great win for the Lions because they played a B minus game and still found a way to win and that is what great teams do.

I hope the Lions don't become the disrespect or no one thought we could do it team. IMO there is nothing more annoying than those teams.
That’s pretty much every team these days. There’s always going to be at least one CJGJ type in the locker room talking about being disrespected. I just see it as, whatever it takes to get you motivated. Michael Jordan used to literally invent stories about guys who had supposedly trash talked him

That’s pretty much every team these days. There’s always going to be at least one CJGJ type in the locker room talking about being disrespected. I just see it as, whatever it takes to get you motivated. Michael Jordan used to literally invent stories about guys who had supposedly trash talked him

True, but we didn't have to hear about it constantly. Jordan used it for himself. He didn't get up during the trophy ceremony and claim no one thought the Bulls could win.

We have a wedding to go to this afternoon, which is good bc I am on a Honolulu Blue bender
NextGen Stats:
  • Brian Branch (50-yd Pick-Six)

The Lions win probability rose from 16% to 39% as a result of Branch's pick-six, a 23% swing in win probability.

The rookie reached a top speed of 20.74 mph on the play; Only three defenders reached faster speeds on defensive scoring plays all of last season.
  • Chiefs RT Jawaan Taylor Avg Depth from LOS
    Week 1 vs Lions

Pass Plays
    🔸 Taylor: 1.7 yds
    🔸 OT Avg: 1.5 yds

Run Plays
    🔸 Taylor: 1.4 yds
    🔸 OT Avg: 1.2 yds

3rd Down
    🔸 Taylor: 1.8 yds
    🔸 OT Avg: 1.5 yds

*NFL average based on all offensive tackles in 2022
  • Aidan Hutchinson led the Lions pass rush with a career-high 7 pressures.

Hutchinson averaged a 0.77-second pass rush get-off, the 2nd-quickest of his career.
  • Jared Goff completed 13 of 16 passes targeting in-breaking routes for 168 yards and a TD in the Lions' Week 1 victory over the Chiefs.

Goff was the only QB to earn a max-99 NGS passing score on in-breaking routes in 2022.
  • Amon-Ra St. Brown was the primary target for Jared Goff on in-breaking routes, hauling in 4 receptions for 61 yards and a TD.

St. Brown trails only Michael Pittman in receptions on in-breakers (49) since 2022. Route Chart
  • Jared Goff & Amon-Ra St. Brown (9-yd TD)

On 3rd & 6, St. Brown ran a crossing route against single-high man coverage, creating just enough separation from #6 Bryan Cook (1.7 yards when the pass arrived). ASIDE - elite rub from Josh Reynolds on the opposite side of the mesh, runs straight at the S trying to come up (St’s CB already lost), deftly steps inside - perfect disruptive pick without making contact
  • Jared Goff was one of the more productive play action passers last season, leading the NFL with a max-99 NGS passing score and 17 TDs.

Check out the film breakdown I posted in Goff’s player thread. Good explanation of their passing game concepts, highlights his rock solid base/footwork, exceptional ball fakes on play action, goes sidearm while facing the wrong direction to flip it LaPorta (oh he’s just a game manager who can’t be creative & make off schedule throws.) Love his decision making, and his ability to make big time throws and drive the ball with free runners about to crush him is a Jared Goff we haven’t seen in a few years.

Can’t wait to see this offense in midseason when Gibbs, LaPorta & Jamo are fully integrated.

NextGen Stats:

The Lions win probability rose from 16% to 39% as a result of Branch's pick-six, a 23% swing in win probability.

The rookie reached a top speed of 20.74 mph on the play; Only three defenders reached faster speeds on defensive scoring plays all of last season.
A good example of how combine numbers don't always equal game speed , and maybe that's why he was still there in the 2nd round?

NextGen Stats:

A good example of how combine numbers don't always equal game speed , and maybe that's why he was still there in the 2nd round?
I was so impressed by how quickly Branch gathered in the interception and took off to the end zone. There was no hesitation or look mom what I got moment. Fluid and decisive.

NextGen Stats:

I was so impressed by how quickly Branch gathered in the interception and took off to the end zone. There was no hesitation or look mom what I got moment. Fluid and decisive.

Absolutely. He reached back with one hand and pulled it into his body without breaking stride. He did it so effortlessly and natural the announcers acted like it hit him in the bread basket.

Ticket prices for Detroit road games are shooting up. I paid around $415 a month ago for Charger/Lions tickets right behind the Lions bench. Prices did not change for weeks, but checked today they are $540.

NextGen Stats:

Absolutely. He reached back with one hand and pulled it into his body without breaking stride. He did it so effortlessly and natural the announcers acted like it hit him in the bread basket.
Actually, Collinsworth called out what an impressive catch it was

Vikings lost at home to Baker Mayfield

Hock with 8 catches....for 35 yards

Vikings next 6:
  • @ Eagles TNF
  • vs Chargers
  • @ Panthers
  • vs Chiefs
  • @ Bears
  • vs 49ers

Last edited:
Bears are already in shambles on both sides of the ball

Cousins made 3 turnovers

not sure we learned much about Jordan Love bc Chicago could make any QB look good

looking ahead to the home opener

An already challenging second half for the Seahawks got even worse in the third quarter when both of the team's starting tackles, Abraham Lucas and Charles Cross, came out of the game in quick succession due to injuries.

First, Abraham Lucas had to leave the game when an existing knee issue flared up, then not long after, Cross left the game with a sprained toe.

"Charles has a sprained big toe," Carroll said. "X-rays didn't look bad, but we'll see. He felt something, so we had to look at him.

"Abe's knee just acted up on him again. He doesn't have a knee injury; it's the same knee we rested during camp, and it just got really sore during the game, and he couldn't fire the way he needed to, so we had to get him out of there. I don't know what to tell you about that one."

The two second-year tackles were replaced by Jake Curhan on the right side and Stone Forsythe on the left, a difficult adjustment for the offense.

blitzing on only 5 plays (11.1%), Detroit generated 8 pressures (17.8%) vs KC's cheating tackles

Resulted in 0 sacks, 7 QB hits and 17 Hurries

Detroit had 149 pressures a year ago, good for 11th best - as a % of drop backs. 9th best at 23.2%

Houston and Hutch are gonna be bringing some heat next week

Just scraping past the defending champs on the road is still more impressive imo than an easy win over a 3 win team on the road.

Ain't no asterisk in the Win column.

My favorite part of Dan Campbell locker room speech was "Now gentlemen we got a lot to clean up when we get back.....but for now....e n j o y t h i s, BREAKITDOWN.." When he said the bolded, the entire team responded "oh...yeah." We played like crap, don't matter, in the NFL you just gotta find a way. They do that.

Think about last year in Chicago down two scores, stealing one from the Jets, beating Green Bay in Lambeau. None of those were perfect, but we forced errors, we made key plays, we don't fall apart (like every other Lions team in our lifetimes have done.)

What are we. What is our Core Values. Resilience. Grit. We'll play you on grass, we'll play you turf, hell we'll play you in an effin landfill, we don't care. We're built for this. We will drag you out of the shallows and into the deep abyss and bury you. The light at the end of the tunnel might just be a freight train.

Don't care if people think that stuff is hokey staged theatrics or that it's just about getting talent, if you want a super bowl you need to have superman playing QB. I swear people never played the game and just don't understand the human component to NFL. Every game is a battle of wil, things go sideways, one unit makes mistakes, the other unit has to carry them - that's winning football.

The Chiefs committed false starts, illegal formations and blatant holding on 70% of their offensive plays and we still had Mahomes under duress all night. Yeah they helped us out with drops, but you can play a style of football that creates your own luck (BB pick 6.)

Ceedy is so great at getting inside other teams heads. JG is an elite decision maker, great at play action, that OL is cohesive and the strongest part of the team, our defensive line is relentless. We have all the pieces in place except a place kicker.

This team went into Arrowhead and beat the champs on banner night. They can beat anyone.

Last edited:
[Lamorandier] Lions QB Jared Goff recorded his eighth-straight game with a passer rating of 85.0+ — which ties the franchise record set by Matthew Stafford.

Speaking of Ragnow, just saw him on TV reminding all the numbnut fans (my words, not his) to only make noise when the Lions are on defense. Tonight I shall pray for his big toe.

Speaking of Ragnow, just saw him on TV reminding all the numbnut fans (my words, not his) to only make noise when the Lions are on defense. Tonight I shall pray for his big toe.

listen to his podium today

rehab has done wonders - he was in a dark place back in June but they've got him on this maintenance program and sounds like it's going great

they'll keep giving him days off on a regular basis but sounds like it's better right now than it has been in a long time

Frank said today "So to all the fans who have been sending me DMs and @ me saying they'll donate their big toe....I'm good, thanks, but I'm all set."

updated NFL standings after week 1

T
t1. the 14 teams that won their first game without an asterisk (1-0)
T15. New York Jets (1-0)*
T15. Detroit Lions (1-0)**

*refs missed leg whip/tripping on walk off Punt Return
**pick one or moe: no Kelce, no Chris Jones, dropped passes

All 22 Films

Looking at two plays that show how the 2023 Detroit Lions are just built different
  • fake punt on 4th and 2 from their own 17
  • critical 3rd & 1 in which 202 lb ARSB lines up at FB and delivers a devastating block
(aside - all 22 films is quickly becoming one of my favorite YouTubers

https://www.youtube.com/@all_22_films

2024 Lions Unrestricted Free Agents (in final year of contract) (16)
  • Romeo Okwara
  • Charles Harris
  • CJGJ
  • Emmanuel Moseley
  • Hal Vaitai
  • Josh Reynolds
  • Teddy Bridgewater
  • MJJ (likely will retire)
  • Will Harris (please don't)
  • Jason Cabinda
  • JRM
  • Nate Sudfeld
  • Matt Nelson
  • Julian Okwara
  • Jonah Jackson
  • Craig Reynolds
Restricted Free Agents (all likely to be retained ATM) (5)
  • Scott Daly, Jerry Jacobs, Benito Jones, Anthony Pittman, Brock Wright
Exclusive Rights Free Agents (both likely to be retained; virtually no downside to retaining ERFAs & Holmes usually always exercises their option) (2)
  • Khalil Dorsey
  • James Houston IV (final year of rookie contract bc he was cut in 2022 & resigned to the PS)
2025 Lions Unrestricted Free Agents (contracts expire after next season) (10)
  • Derrick Barnes
  • Isaiah Buggs
  • John Cominsky
  • Taylor Decker
  • Jared Goff
  • Alim McNeil
  • Ifeatu Melifonwu
  • Levi Onwuzurike
  • ARSB
  • Tracy Walker
2026 Lions UFA (11)

Alex Anzalone, Steven Gilmore, Kerby Joseph, James Mitchell, David Montgomery, Josh Paschal, Kalif Raymond, Malcolm Rodriguez, Penei Sewell, Cam Sutton, Jameson Williams (5th year club option)

2027 Lions UFA (12)

Brian Branch, Jack Campbell (5th year club option), Jack Fox, Jahmyr Gibbs (5th year club option), Antoine Green, Hendon Hooker, Aidan Hutchinson, Sam LaPorta, Brodric Martin, Frank Ragnow, Colby Sorsdal, Jameson Williams

2028 Lions UFA (2)

Jack Campbell, Jahmyr Gibbs

Lions have drawn the lead broadcast crew for Fox, Kevin Burkhardt & Greg Olsen

Not gonna miss the scrubs we typically have to put up with

Kenny Albert–Jonathan Vilma
Kevin Kugler–Mark Sanchez
Chris Myers–Robert Smith
Spero Dedes-Jay Feely
It’s so funny. I was born and raised in Detroit but have lived in Phoenix for 40 years. So I’m a fan of the Lions and Cards. And we have the exact same thing in AZ. The Cardinals always get the crummy crew.

It’s so freaking awesome seeing the Lions gain popularity. Even my long time AZ friends are hopping on the bandwagon.

Users who are viewing this thread