What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

5 Professional Sports Franchises that need to be relocated. . . and 5 that must stay put!! (1 Viewer)

Another reason the Kings should be relocated to Seattle is because they've been a losing franchise every season for I don't know how long.  They'd do much better with a change of scenery.

Another reason the Kings should be relocated to Seattle is because they've been a losing franchise every season for I don't know how long.  They'd do much better with a change of scenery.
I can imagine the Kings telling Sacramento that: “It’s not us, it’s you.”

The Knicks have been less successful over the last 18 years than the Kings. Shouldn’t they move to Seattle first?

The Kings haven't done anything since they arrived in Sacramento.  That's why they need to move to Seattle.  Everyone who's been replying on this thread needs to watch the YouTube video that I talked about earlier. 

The Kings haven't done anything since they arrived in Sacramento.  That's why they need to move to Seattle.  Everyone who's been replying on this thread needs to watch the YouTube video that I talked about earlier. 
They almost made it to the Finals.

I don't know why folks don't like the Trop??

Too hot for the boys of summer? Not in the Trop- 72 degrees every game.

Sick of rain delays? Not in the Trop, although I once went to a game where a storm knocked out the power for about 15 minutes. And it's pretty weird to be in there when you can hear the daily afternoon storm beating down on the roof.

Tailgate in Ferg's open air bar and then do the 100 meter mosey to the game- unbeatable!

Rays UP!
I like the Trop quite a bit for the same reasons, but it’s a ghost town for way too many games.  Ferg’s on the other hand is a dirty nasty establishment.  Even the cockroaches won’t go there any more.  Stick to booze and you should be okay.  I like going across the street to Hawker’s Street Fare and over to Green Bench before (and often after)

Osaurus said:
I like the Trop quite a bit for the same reasons, but it’s a ghost town for way too many games.  Ferg’s on the other hand is a dirty nasty establishment.  Even the cockroaches won’t go there any more.  Stick to booze and you should be okay.  I like going across the street to Hawker’s Street Fare and over to Green Bench before (and often after)
Ferg's has quite the lineup of hooterwannabees and the drafts are good. I like to park one lot over from Ferg's on Central for $10. I bring a Mazzaros sub into Fergs and the game. 

Been saying for awhile Tampa Bay could do a lot worse than swapping to the NL and coming to downtown Dallas

Eephus said:
Public investment in transportation infrastructure would make more sense than funding a new stadium for Sternberg and his rich friends.
I think conservative estimates for a rail would be 2-3 billion, and a stadium about a billion.  Financially neither have ever made sense for the area.

This is insane logic and the Kings new arena is 2 years old. Going nowhere. 

has any team moved more that the Kings/Royals franchise?

they have played in 5 different cities (Rochester, Cincinnati, Omaha, Kansas City, Sacramento) and moved 3 times..

Ferg's has quite the lineup of hooterwannabees and the drafts are good. I like to park one lot over from Ferg's on Central for $10. I bring a Mazzaros sub into Fergs and the game. 
A dishwasher at Fergs just tested positive for Hepatitis A. It wasn't shut down or anything, but yeah.

I've never been to Fergs and I see no reason to ever go. Too many other great places in downtown St Pete to give that dive my money.

Rove! said:

has any team moved more that the Kings/Royals franchise?

they have played in 5 different cities (Rochester, Cincinnati, Omaha, Kansas City, Sacramento) and moved 3 times..

The NBA Hawks have been associated with 7 different cities but they may have only played in 5 of them:

1. Buffalo Bisons (1946)
2. Tri-Cities Blackhawks (1946-1951) - mostly played their games in Moline
3. Milwaukee (1951-1955)
4. St. Louis (1955-1968)
5. Atlanta

The NFL Colts can trace their lineage through 7 different teams:

1. Dayton Triangles (1916-1930)
2. Brooklyn Dodgers (1930-1946) - franchise revoked and players assigned to Boston
3. Boston Yanks (1946-1949)
4. New York Bulldogs/Yanks (1949-1951)
5. Dallas Texans (1952) - franchise revoked and equipment and players awarded to Baltimore ownership group
6. Baltimore Colts (1953-1984)
7. Indianapolis Colts

My top four teams that must stay put:

• Detroit Lions
  • Detroit Tigers
  • Detroit Pistons
  • Detroit Red Wings

If I have to go through this misery, no reason all these punks growing up now shouldn't have to suffer too.
3 out of 4 teams have at least won multiple championships. That being said, it’s only fair that future generations know what it feels like to be a Lions fan. 

I'd love to have a basketball team in Cincy, but our city would never support it.  We are a baseball city and just got an MLS team, which is heavily supported. 

Kentucky LOVES basketball.  They should have a professional team, but it will likely never happen.

Wingnut said:
A dishwasher at Fergs just tested positive for Hepatitis A. It wasn't shut down or anything, but yeah.

I've never been to Fergs and I see no reason to ever go. Too many other great places in downtown St Pete to give that dive my money.
Uncanny

Shawnky said:
Not sure why you mention Memphis.  They have an outstanding fanbase there.
it's the smallest or 2nd-smallest media market and they've been in the bottom third of the league in attendance for the past 10 years.

• Detroit Lions
  • Detroit Tigers
  • Detroit Pistons
  • Detroit Red Wings

If I have to go through this misery, no reason all these punks growing up now shouldn't have to suffer too.
Three of these teams have brought us joy over the past 20 years.  One......not so much.

• Detroit Lions
  • Detroit Tigers
  • Detroit Pistons
  • Detroit Red Wings

This post is rich.

Pistons- last title: 2004, 3 titles in their history 

Tigers- last title: 1984, 4 WS wins in their history, with WS appearances in 2006 and 2012

Red Wings- last title: 2008, 10 Stanley Cup wins in their history, and 4 since 1997.

Lions- ok, they've always sucked. I'll give you that one.

Now let's compare this to being a Minnesota sports fan, shall we?

Twins- 2 WS wins, last in 1991.

Timberwolves- No titles, have always sucked. Since day 1. One Western Conf finals appearance in their history,  2004

North Stars/ Wild- no titles. North Stars made 2 Stanley Cup finals appearances,  most recently in 1991. Wild have one Western Conf finals appearance. Naturally, the Stars moved to the hockey hotbed of  Dallas and promptly won  a Cup.

Vikings- no Super Bowl wins. Most recent SB appearance following 1976 season. Have lost their last 6 NFCCG appearances. 

I'll see your misery and raise you a case of suicidal ideation. 

:kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread