What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

8 owners needed for brand new $100 dynasty league (1 Viewer)

BrSmith72

Footballguy
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a link to the league homepage: http://www29.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/70149

League Rules/Bylaws: http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=70149&O=26

League Scoring: http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=70149&O=09

Draft will begin on Monday June 02, 2008 it will be a slow e-mail based draft with a time limit of 18 hours per pick.

Paypal is a must.

If you are interested or have any questions email me at BrSmith72@yahoo.com
I might be interested, what are the odds of filling this league up? You got any other guys on the hook?

Here are the league rules:

League Fees and Payouts

12 teams at $100 each ($1200 pot)

Mfl.com fee (69.95)

1st place: 700

2nd place: 330

3rd Place: 100

Starting Lineups

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

1 PK

1 DT

Players will be locked into your lineup once their game starts.

Trades:

Trades involving players will be subject to a league vote for 48 hours, if more than 5 people choose to vote against the trade being process, I will get both parties to tell me why they are making the trade, and then make the final decision after that.

Trades involving draft picks of the initial draft will be subject to a vote for 12 hours and criteria will be the same as players.

Trades involving future rookie picks will not be approved until the owner trading the 1st round pick pays half of that years fees.

Trade deadline is week 10 of the NFL season.

Rookie Draft

Ever year following the initial year there will be a rookie draft consisting of 3 rounds and will be held the monday following the nfl draft.

Initial Draft

The initial draft will take place starting on monday june 2nd, it will be a 25 round draft with a max of 18 hrs. per pick to allow those who are working to access the draft during their free time and for any draft pick trades. You must draft a starting lineup because waivers will not be open until week 1.

Playoffs

Playoffs will be held during NFL weeks 14-16 and will consist ofthe 3 division winners with the two that have the most Victory Points receiving 1st round byes as well as 3 wild card teams with the most VPs.

Tanking and Cheating

Anyone caught cheating or tanking will be dealt with according to how serious the situation is.

Collusion both teams are removed from the league.

Tanking in order to get a better draft pick (i.e. starting an injured or benched player over a better choice)

1st time warning

2nd time you will be moved two spots down in the rookie draft.

3rd offense you are removed from the league.

I'D jump in but uinfortunatly my first vacation in 3 years is your 4th day of the draft.

And I won;t be haveing internet acess or even want it.

Might have some interest.

How will the draft order be determined? Pretty big advantage if you get the No. 1 pick in Year 1 of a dynasty league, obviously.

Also, what's considered "tanking?" In a dynasty format, in some cases it's in your own best interest to sell off your established talent for draft picks and/or young players if you have no chance of winning in a given year. I wouldn't plan on finishing last and doing this, of course, but it happens in every keeper/dynasty league I've ever been in. Just curious...

Draft order will be randomized. I personally don't find having the No.1 pick to be much of a advantage in PPR league. In my experience I always seem to have better luck if I pick 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 10th, 11th, 12th, have no idea why that is though. Picking in the middle is tougher because you don't want to reach for a player you might could still get the next round.

"Tanking" is pretty common sense, and it doesn't have to do with trading. If you bench a player, that is one of the top scorers after about the first 5-6 weeks of the season, and there's no injury concerns that could have possibly caused you to bench him, then you'll likely get accused of tanking. This happens in dynasty leagues because the worse your record, the higher your rookie pick will be next year.

If you ended up having a terrible team, trading your few good veterans for draft picks is not tanking, and is really a different subject altogether. This would actually be a sound strategy to employ, and would be encouraged, not discouraged.

PS-I'm not the commissioner. So if I misstated anything, please correct me. Most of this is just general definitions that apply across the board though.

I'd like to join...sent an email to BrSmith72@yahoo.com early this morning but haven't gotten a response yet.

Are there still openings in the league, Spark?

Users who are viewing this thread