What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

87 YO ex-Governor, ex-con, wants to run for Congress (1 Viewer)

joffer

Footballguy
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/18/politics/edwin-edwards-gloria-borger/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

according to the article, he has a good chance at making a runoff too

Baton Rouge, Louisiana (CNN) -- It's Sunday morning at the New Life Baptist Church in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, but the man preaching to the choir is no minister.

"My God is not finished with me yet," he tells the congregation.

The man speaking is Edwin W. Edwards -- ex-four-term Louisiana governor, ex-four-term congressman and ex-con.

"I may be old and rancid butter, but I'm on your side of the bread," he proclaims from the altar

A couple of weeks ago he came in first in polling to win the seat overall. It's an interesting run. GOP is demanding the Dems walk away from him. The Dems so far are saying he is better than any GOPer running. Heck there are an awful lot of unconvicted criminals in the capitol IMO, so what's one more?

A couple of weeks ago he came in first in polling to win the seat overall. It's an interesting run. GOP is demanding the Dems walk away from him. The Dems so far are saying he is better

than any GOPer running. Heck there are an awful lot of unconvicted criminals in the capitol IMO, so what's one more?
Saying there are other criminals in congress so why not one more probably doesn't end up on his campaign commercial nor should it be a rationalization from the general public to support him.

A couple of weeks ago he came in first in polling to win the seat overall. It's an interesting run. GOP is demanding the Dems walk away from him. The Dems so far are saying he is better

than any GOPer running. Heck there are an awful lot of unconvicted criminals in the capitol IMO, so what's one more?
Saying there are other criminals in congress so why not one more probably doesn't end up on his campaign commercial nor should it be a rationalization from the general public to support him.
He at least served his time. And really? They just voted to take the next 57 days off after working what? 8 days since their last multi-week recess? Got to go home and sell themselves to the highest bidder. The whole institution has become a joke and he is just another one of the punchlines.

Edwards is 100% corrupt, absolutely corrupt to the core, without a shred of honesty in him. Yet, I have to admire him as the very best politician I have ever witnessed. If you think Bill Clinton was slick (he was), Edwards is 100 times slicker. Absolutely hilarious on the stump. He can make fun of himself better than any speaker I have ever heard. He will be making a self-deprecating joke about his dishonesty, while behind his back he will be accepting a bribe.

I wouldn't vote for him for any reason ever, but I admire his ability.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread