What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A New Take on an FF League Site (1 Viewer)

Unrefined-Ruffian

Footballguy
Hi all,

Long time Football Guy here. I haven't posted in the SP in years and had to recreate my account.

Anyway, I'm a Software Product Manager (I work between coders, designers, & users, to make software better / suck less). I thought it would be interesting to explore a FF league site that tries to do a few things:

1) Experiment with new game modes that look promising - Vampire Leagues, Guillotine Leagues, etc.

2) Emphasize the camaraderie aspect of the game. Half the fun is #### talking your friends, highlighting blunders, etc. I'm fascinated by exploring our ability to use technology to facilitate this.

3) Use modern design practices. Many FF sites still have poor design/usability. Some like ESPN have a solid mobile experience, but a terrible website that feels very disconnected. I tried Sleeper, which supposedly is differentiated through design, and found it very much lacking.

4) Use fun, snarky, inappropriate language and brand identity. Too much software has become sanitized and unremarkable.

Anyway - I wanted to invite to the community to take a gander at the landing page I built pitching the product. If you are interested, please do sign-up for the mailing list as I'm using that as a method of assessing demand:

Zero ####s FF

And I would also love feedback - you won't hurt my feelings - the negative helps more than the positive, the harsher the better! :)

- JW

We have discussed starting up a league to do experimental things to see what works and what doesn't.  Go in with the understanding that things may change weekly with the rules/lineups/waivers/etc.  As long as it is known everyone should be good with it.  Have each owner come up with new ideas and pick them out of a hat each week or something else. 

One of the problems we face is having a site that can adjust to these type rule changes on the fly.  It is interesting to see if this would work. 

Users who are viewing this thread