What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A/V Help- PS5 (1 Viewer)

3 hour lunch

Footballguy
I've seen similar threads here so hoping someone a lot smarter than me can help answer this......my current setup is a projector in my living room, with wires running through the ceiling/wall to a closet in the room behind. DirectTV, PS4, Epson projector, Sonos soundbar, HDMI extender, Analog to Digital Audio converter and a digital audio switch (optical). I had someone help me set up everything when I had the projector installed.

I thought I could simply swap in the PS5 but it does not have an optical port. Uh oh.

I think what I need is something that will extract audio from HDMI and still give me optical output to my current splitter. Or, perhaps a whole new splitter? Because everything is such a tangled mess of wires and I am a tremendous idiot makes me hesitant to do anything myself with it.

Thoughts? TIA.......

Need a bit more info on the models of everything. If everything has HDMI you could just use an HDMI switch but without models it's hard to determine what is possible.

Need a bit more info on the models of everything. If everything has HDMI you could just use an HDMI switch but without models it's hard to determine what is possible.
Epson Powerlite 1288
Panlong switch
Musou converter
Monprice HDXT-E60 extender
Sonos soundbar (about 7 years old, can't find any model # or anything on it)

Epson Powerlite 1288
Panlong switch
Musou converter
Yeah looks like you are kind of stuck then, can't do much since everything is fairly dated. I think your best bet would be to go with an HDMI audio extractor like this. Connect the PS5 HDMI out to the HDMI in on the extractor and then use the rest of the old cables on the output side.

Thanks for the replies. Each piece I have has so many #### wires attached I’m not sure if a 1 for 1 swap for either of those would work but I’ll look more into it.

Epson Powerlite 1288
Panlong switch
Musou converter
Yeah looks like you are kind of stuck then, can't do much since everything is fairly dated. I think your best bet would be to go with an HDMI audio extractor like this. Connect the PS5 HDMI out to the HDMI in on the extractor and then use the rest of the old cables on the output side.
Maybe I'm just dense, but there is only one HDMI port on the Playstation. That plugs into the projector. I bought a HDMI converter/splitter, but there is nowhere to plug it into the PS5.

If you are referring to the extractor Hawks posted.

PS5 hdmi out into the converter HDMI in.

HDMI out of the converter to projector, optical out to the sound bar.

Thats why I said if you get one of these you don't need to do any rewiring. Just plug your existing opitcal and projector hdmi to the output of this box.

You just then need an hdmi cable from the PS5 to that box

Thanks, I think I got it working....first couple minutes were really bad for both video/audio, then seemed to be fine after that.

Users who are viewing this thread