What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alex smith vs jameis winston (1 Viewer)

need2know

Footballguy
-3 ints

Alex smith vs no

Or

Jameis Winston @ sf

Both good matchups.  Both qbs lean on running game.  Who to play

Last edited by a moderator:
last week i had a similar choice between smith and taylor.  all week i had taylor in and then i started reading and listening to people tell me smith was the better choice.  went with smith and got burned.

I think it all boils down to whether you think you should win or not.  If you should win go with the higher floor in Smith but if you need a big game go with Jameis - just realize that when you start Jameis then Smith will actually have a good game  (this happens to me with Smith all the time....hahhaha).  You are pretty much damned if you do, damned if you don't.....hahahaha

I think it all boils down to whether you think you should win or not.  If you should win go with the higher floor in Smith but if you need a big game go with Jameis - just realize that when you start Jameis then Smith will actually have a good game  (this happens to me with Smith all the time....hahhaha).  You are pretty much damned if you do, damned if you don't.....hahahaha
I have better matchups than just about all his players.  I should win imo.  Guess I will go with smith

If he can't get me 20 pts, which is bascially 250 total yards and a td, in this matchup I am cutting him for anything on the wire

I have better matchups than just about all his players.  I should win imo.  Guess I will go with smith

If he can't get me 20 pts, which is bascially 250 total yards and a td, in this matchup I am cutting him for anything on the wire
I have had Smith in my dynasty league the last two years (because he is cheap salary and lets me build elsewhere).  This league kills you if you turn the ball over so he is a solid play because he takes care of the ball and gets consistent decent floor outputs.  It allows me to spend money elsewhere and build that way.  It has worked as I have won the last two years.  Smith isn't sexy but he limits turnovers and in a league that penalizes heavy for that he is very valuable.  Luckily the other owners haven't figured that out yet.  Hahahahaha

I have had Smith in my dynasty league the last two years (because he is cheap salary and lets me build elsewhere).  This league kills you if you turn the ball over so he is a solid play because he takes care of the ball and gets consistent decent floor outputs.  It allows me to spend money elsewhere and build that way.  It has worked as I have won the last two years.  Smith isn't sexy but he limits turnovers and in a league that penalizes heavy for that he is very valuable.  Luckily the other owners haven't figured that out yet.  Hahahahaha
Yes and my league does hurt you for ints and fumbles.  Smith does have occasional blow up games but they are hard to spot.  This could be one if new Orleans can score. It would royally piss me off if smith blew up this week after playing him last week. Jameis has already shown me he will turn it over like crazy in any matchup.  I kinda want to see him have another good game with no turnovers before I trust him on the road again.  Tb going out to west coast has historically been bad for tb as well.  

Thanks for answering mine

safe play is Smith

Higher upside is Winston

I'll give edge to higher upside

last week i had a similar choice between smith and taylor.  all week i had taylor in and then i started reading and listening to people tell me smith was the better choice.  went with smith and got burned.
What happened to Taylor? I think I'd start him over either of these 2 guys.

I like Smith more than Winston due to the -3 INT rule.

Users who are viewing this thread