What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All Request Reading the Defense (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
I'm opening up this week's subscriber column to an extended Q&A this week.

If you've got a general question that's vexing you (player, team, scheme, strategy, matchup related), post it here by the end of MNF.

What is going on with McClain? Is he improving and why isn't he putting up decent numbers? Bad tackle opportunities?

What's with Will Smith's lack of production this season? Getting double teamed?

There are probably more interesting questions to answer, but I'm a bit curious about how you see Tyvon Branch this year. He is putting up pretty nice tackle numbers, good enough to be a top 15 DB in my league, but it feels like slightly below the level he was at last year. I haven't seen Oakland play this year, but it seems like there are a bunch of guys in the secondary sharing tackles around (e.g. Huff) and I'm not sure if Branch has as much opportunity as before to really have a massive week. I don't want it to sound like I think he's a bust or anything because the numbers are solid, but I know I don't feel like he's as safe a start as last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Bramel,

Please help us understand the Kansas City Chiefs defense. It is an enigma wrapped in a riddle. While generally effective from an NFL standpoint (yesterday's blowup vs. Texans notwithstanding), other than Brandon Flowers it is a virtual IDP wasteland.

In particular,

Derrick Johnson - Went crazy Wk 1 but very mediocre stats since

Tamba Hali - Understand the inconsistencies w/ 3-4 OLB's, but this guy was on a roll then goose egg in Wk 6?

Eric Berry - Generally getting lots of love in the media for his play but doesn't show up in the stats at all

Everyone else - worthless from an IDP standpoint

What is going on here?

Thanks.

thoughts on the angerer/session/brackett grouping -- both for this year and the future

is richard marshall "back" when it comes ot being relevant as a fantasy DB? would you expect marshall or charles godfrey to have more redraft/dynasty value going forward?

What are Trevor Scott's chances to stick at OLB upon Groves return?

Do you forsee Desmond Bishop being a 3 down LB upon Chillar's return?

Where has Ray Edwards production gone?

I'm opening up this week's subscriber column to an extended Q&A this week.If you've got a general question that's vexing you (player, team, scheme, strategy, matchup related), post it here by the end of MNF.
Thank you, Mclain/Angerer/Dansby are three questionable players that I have or had on my IDP team

Who fills in Middle LB in Houston? Are they 3 down LB?

What is the deal with E. Sims in Phi?

Did Lofa Tatupa see all downs? what happened 1 tackle?

William hayes is it time to drop?

If Dansby is out for extended time is there anyone worth jumping on?

if Levy does not pan out who will fill spot rest of year?

L. Briggs replacement worth rostering?

Jene,

Based on the first 6 games this year what rookie Linebacker has the best outlook for the rest of this year and looking ahead to next year? Let's assume standard FBG scoring here.

Weatherspoon

Washington

McClain

other?

Year of the Safeties revisited.

Landry and Chung were home-runs, putting aside the most consistent performers that are generally already owned, do you have any mid-season pickups that might be strong contributors in the second half.

For example:

Will Godfrey keep up his pace?

Do you think Berry can make some big improvements?

Will Polamalu re-surge in the 2nd half with the front 7 dominating this way?

Will Atogwe rebound?

What's gotten into Osi? 8 sacks and 7 FF. I like the trend. I know the Giants have a great DL, is Osi doing this in passing situations or is he an every down DE again? He's getting no tackles outside of his sacks. That's serious boom or bust stuff. Sell high maybe?

Can you talk about all the players that the Broncos going to a 4-3 due to injuries will affect? Both positively and negatively.

I can answer the question about Tatupu as I live in Seattle and get the "pleasure" of watching the Hawks every week (they were actually pretty good this week).

My observations

Martz likes to throw the ball downfield to the WRs. Cutler needs time for them to run their routes, which he didn't have a ton of on Sunday. He didn't seem to check down a lot, I don't know Forte's catches, but there weren't a ton. Tatupu was playing the middle zone, but it seemed like most of the throws were to the outside. Bears didn't run it a whole lot and the front four stopped them quite a bit. He was around the ball a fair amount, but the way the Bears play, it can be tough on a mediocre MLB (I'm now relegated to thinking that about Lofa- hope I'm wrong). Beware about that in future Bears games as well, b/c I could see their scheme hurting IDP lb'ers. There is a big chance for sacks though, Tatupu just didn't get any (almost got one but Cutler stepped up right into Aaron Curry who snagged it)..

But, he was in there for almost every snap (if not every snap) that I saw.

Wow, remember when this use to be for the podcasts that were free to all? I guess you guys are really against giving out any content on the IDP board for free, hah. How much longer until the podcasts start to cost money? Why even bother having a IDP board? Majority of threads are unanswered questions directed at you cheapos.

Wow, remember when this use to be for the podcasts that were free to all? I guess you guys are really against giving out any content on the IDP board for free, hah. How much longer until the podcasts start to cost money? Why even bother having a IDP board? Majority of threads are unanswered questions directed at you cheapos.
Sorry you feel that way. My apologies if using the Forum to solicit these questions has offended any of our other regular readers who don't subscribe.We've already had one all-request podcast edition during the preseason and we'll likely have at least one more before year's end. Call it laziness, call it writer's block, call it an interest in keeping my finger on the pulse of what's worrying the IDP community, but I decided to use this week's RTD to do an extended Q&A. The vast majority of the questions asked here have been brought up and discussed in this forum in multiple threads. I've commented on a few, many have multiple responses by many of our respected regulars. With the exception of the Willis issue, I think we've addressed almost every question asked here during the podcast this year. It's natural for there to be some overlap between the subscriber columns, podcasts and forum threads, as everyone chooses to get their information in different ways.The podcasts and this forum will never be paid content. We hold nothing back from the podcasts and I think it's extremely rare that a hot topic in the forum doesn't get its due attention from those interested. Thanks to everyone who submitted questions. I'll try to get to as many as possible in the RTD and I expect we'll be covering many of the same issues in the performances section of the Roundtable this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread