What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Mock Draft.... (1 Viewer)

nerangers

Footballguy
Here are the links:

Picks 1 - 16

Picks 17 - 32

Did not want to copy the whole draft here. For Commentary, use the links above.

Player List:

1. Houston Texans: Reggie Bush, RB USC

2. New Orleans Saints: Matt Leinart, QB USC

3. Tennessee Titans: Vince Young, QB Texas

4. New York Jets: D’Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

5. Green Bay Packers: Mario Williams, DE North Carolina State

6. San Francisco 49ers: Vernon Davis, TE Maryland

7. Oakland Raiders: A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio State

8. Buffalo Bills: Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon

9. Detroit Lions: Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt

10. Arizona Cardinals: LenDale White, RB USC

11. St. Louis Rams: Jimmy Williams, DB Virginia Tech

12. Cleveland Browns: Brodrick Bunkley, Florida State

13. Baltimore Ravens: DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

14. Philadelphia Eagles: Tamba Hali, DE Penn State

15. Atlanta Falcons: Michael Huff, S Texas

16. Miami Dolphins: Eric Winston, OT Miami

17. Minnesota Vikings: Laurence Maroney, RB Minnesota

18. Dallas Cowboys: Bobby Carpenter, LB Ohio State

19. San Diego Chargers: Santonio Holmes, WR Ohio State

20. Kansas City Chiefs: Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

21. New England Patriots: Richard Marshall, CB Fresno State

22. Denver Broncos: Chad Jackson, WR Florida

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Winston Justice, OT USC

24. Cincinnati Bengals: Gabe Watson, DT Michigan

25. New York Giants: Ashton Youboty, CB Ohio State

26. Chicago Bears: Sinorice Moss, WR Bears

27. Carolina Panthers: Marcus McNeil, OT Auburn

28. Jacksonville Jaguars: Manny Lawson, DE North Carolina State

29. Denver Broncos: Nick Mangold, C Ohio State

30. Indianapolis Colts: DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama

31. Seattle Seahawks: Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Max Jean-Gilles, G Georgia

Thoughs?

Nothing completely out of line as far as I can see.

Moss to Chicago is a bit of a question. Berrian is a developmental speed guy....

Lawson will have to put on some size/weight to play DE in Jacksonville's 4-3. But a nice pashrush addition to their big DTs.

He makes a plausible case for Marshall to NE.

All in all, one of the better mocks that I have seen. :thumbup:

Interesting seeing the NE/Fresno connection again
The combination of Saban going to LSU and the Pats taking Mankins (pretty much out of leftfield to the draft gurus) and Sanders last year has the Fresno connection heating up. In reality I think this is a comfortable angle for the draftnicks to use since it's almost impossible to predict what the Pats will do on draft day.

Richard Marshall as the first true CB off the board is surprising - Tye Hill would seem to have locked up a first-round spot by running a 4.29 at the combine. Fabian Washington got into round 1 with that exact time last year, and I don't think he was as highly regarded as Hill was going into the workouts. Mangold would be a great fit in Denver, as much as I'd like to see Pittsburgh grab him. I don't think Winston Justice drops to #23, nor Kiwanuka to the 30s, but all in all, not a bad mock.

Here are the links:

Picks 1 - 16

Picks 17 - 32

Did not want to copy the whole draft here.  For Commentary, use the links above.

Player List:

1. Houston Texans: Reggie Bush, RB USC

2. New Orleans Saints: Matt Leinart, QB USC

3. Tennessee Titans: Vince Young, QB Texas

4.  New York Jets: D’Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

5. Green Bay Packers: Mario Williams, DE North Carolina State

6. San Francisco 49ers: Vernon Davis, TE Maryland

7. Oakland Raiders: A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio State

8. Buffalo Bills: Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon

9. Detroit Lions: Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt

10. Arizona Cardinals: LenDale White, RB USC

11. St. Louis Rams: Jimmy Williams, DB Virginia Tech

12. Cleveland Browns: Brodrick Bunkley, Florida State

13. Baltimore Ravens: DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

14. Philadelphia Eagles: Tamba Hali, DE Penn State

15. Atlanta Falcons: Michael Huff, S Texas

16. Miami Dolphins: Eric Winston, OT Miami

17. Minnesota Vikings: Laurence Maroney, RB Minnesota

18. Dallas Cowboys: Bobby Carpenter, LB Ohio State

19. San Diego Chargers: Santonio Holmes, WR Ohio State

20. Kansas City Chiefs: Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

21. New England Patriots: Richard Marshall, CB Fresno State

22. Denver Broncos: Chad Jackson, WR Florida

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Winston Justice, OT USC

24. Cincinnati Bengals: Gabe Watson, DT Michigan

25. New York Giants: Ashton Youboty, CB Ohio State

26. Chicago Bears: Sinorice Moss, WR Bears

27. Carolina Panthers: Marcus McNeil, OT Auburn

28. Jacksonville Jaguars: Manny Lawson, DE North Carolina State

29. Denver Broncos: Nick Mangold, C Ohio State

30. Indianapolis Colts: DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama

31. Seattle Seahawks: Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Max Jean-Gilles, G Georgia

Thoughs?
Tenn is definitely making a move for Leinhart or Bush, theres just no chance Chow and Fisher let both of them go elsewhere, IMO..Young is going to drop out of the top 5, can't see N.O taking him, and despite Cutler's so/so combine,he's still a legit top 5 contender.. If Tenn likes Leinhart so much, if I'm Houston i'm saying give me Ben Troupe AND the #3 pick,and you can have the #1 overall pick. ..Troupe is on the rise as an up-and-coming talent, and Kubiak's offenses have always needed a good TE to open up the middle of the field.. take Troupe and the #3 , and draft Brick!!!

also, what if Houston slides down as far as #4 or #5, and takes Vernon Davis, acquiring extra picks along the way , and takes o-linemen wth those picks?!

anyone see that happening?

Davis looks like he could be Antonio Gates with Matt Jones' speed and Gonzalez' skills...scary good..

the point is, getting a solid TE would open things up for AJ, and give Carr another target, and will get them extra picks they can use on drafting o-linemen..not sure they need another RB..

the rest of the list looks good..i like the Giants taking a CB in the first round, they definitely need secondary help!

Last edited by a moderator:
where's tye hill?
Bloom did you just make Staff??Congrats!!
I just noticed too.Congrats Bloom!

Does this mean FBG will be bulking up on dynasty material in the money section?
Thanks guys. My work will definitely be focused on dynasty/rookies.
Well deseved, my ifriend - your contribution to this board has always been top-notch, and I value the opportunity to speak with you about the rookies coming in and the draft each year. I think very highly of your opinion, and it's a smart move by FBG to bring you into the fold. Congrats, man !

Here are the links:

Picks 1 - 16
Tenn is definitely making a move for Leinhart or Bush, theres just no chance Chow and Fisher let both of them go elsewhere, IMO..Young is going to drop out of the top 5, can't see N.O taking him, and despite Cutler's so/so combine,he's still a legit top 5 contender.. If Tenn likes Leinhart so much, if I'm Houston i'm saying give me Ben Troupe AND the #3 pick,and you can have the #1 overall pick. ..Troupe is on the rise as an up-and-coming talent, and Kubiak's offenses have always needed a good TE to open up the middle of the field.. take Troupe and the #3 , and draft Brick!!!

also, what if Houston slides down as far as #4 or #5, and takes Vernon Davis, acquiring extra picks along the way , and takes o-linemen wth those picks?!

anyone see that happening?

Davis looks like he could be Antonio Gates with Matt Jones' speed and Gonzalez' skills...scary good..

the point is, getting a solid TE would open things up for AJ, and give Carr another target, and will get them extra picks they can use on drafting o-linemen..not sure they need another RB..

the rest of the list looks good..i like the Giants taking a CB in the first round, they definitely need secondary help!
I like the Idea of Vernon Davis in Houston along with a few more draft picks this year or next. The problem has been said before that who is going to pay to move up? I do think that Tennesee would love to have Bush or Leinhart but at what price? Wouldnt they be better off just taking Ferg at #3 and go after a Free Agent QB?

And if Tenn did go for #1 then the only way i see people moving up to get the #3 pick is if Bush is still there. That would be the Ultimate scenerio for Houston IMO.

Altough I think Vernon Davis will go to Oakland or San Fran.

where's tye hill?
Bloom did you just make Staff??Congrats!!
I just noticed too.Congrats Bloom!

Does this mean FBG will be bulking up on dynasty material in the money section?
Thanks guys. My work will definitely be focused on dynasty/rookies.
Well deseved, my ifriend - your contribution to this board has always been top-notch, and I value the opportunity to speak with you about the rookies coming in and the draft each year. I think very highly of your opinion, and it's a smart move by FBG to bring you into the fold. Congrats, man !
Very, very :goodposting:

If LB Sims is still there and the Steelers pass on him, I'll be  :hot: .
He won't be.Im on the Nick Mangold/Jason Allen train right now.
Where do you think Allen might go? I have been eyeing him as a 2nd round pick for some time now, but do you think his combine performance has moved him out of the late second round range? He would seem to be a great fit if Hope walks - if Huff and Williams are the only two potential safety prospects off the board (I know one or both will play CB) - do you see Allen as a better fit in the Pittsburgh secondary than a Darnell Bing or Ko Simpson? Those two may both be gone also at #32, so Allen may be the highest rated S prospect available at that juncture anyway.

Anyone know how DeMeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama did at the Combines? I see he has slipped on a few Mocks and slipped at nfldraftscouts.com. This is who I thought the Pats were targeting.

Seems low for Huff. I think he'll go top 10. If he does last til the mid-teens, someone will likely trade up for him.

And I just don't see the Cutler lasting past the Jets and Raiders.

I actually think that the Jets will try to trade up for Bush.

Overall a very solid mock, with a couple of interesting but defensible twists. But yeah, Tye Hill is conspicuous in his absence, and Huff looks pretty low here.

Also I know things could still shake up after pro day performances, but if the draft were today, wouldn't the Chargers take Chad Jackson (and that 4.32 40) ahead of Santonio?

Finally I thought the consensus was that Greenway has probably dropped behind DeMeco at this point. No?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread