What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any Texans info? (1 Viewer)

Dominick Davis will be a GTD Sunday, and will not practice Wed. Jonathan Wells has a thigh contusion and will not practice Wed, but should practice later in the week and play this weekend. If Davis and Wells are too injured, Morency will start. I read this yesterday.

Texans | D. Davis has knee surgery, done for 2005Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:11:25 -0800Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Domanick Davis (knee) underwent arthroscopic surgery and is out for the rest of the season.

Where is this? I don't see it on the Chronicle website.
look on the texans website under players, and go to the bottom, and you will see D. Davis on injured reserve.

It's true. Can we start Wells with confidence? With the loser of this game winning the Reggie Bush sweepstakes, can we really expect either team to bring it?

It's true. Can we start Wells with confidence? With the loser of this game winning the Reggie Bush sweepstakes, can we really expect either team to bring it?
San Fran is a very long shot to get the #1 even if they lose.

It's true.  Can we start Wells with confidence?  With the loser of this game winning the Reggie Bush sweepstakes, can we really expect either team to bring it?
Really? So what is the scenario? Just curious. Do the Texans have it locked up win or lose?

It's true.  Can we start Wells with confidence?  With the loser of this game winning the Reggie Bush sweepstakes, can we really expect either team to bring it?
Really? So what is the scenario? Just curious. Do the Texans have it locked up win or lose?
Texans lose, they get the #1.Texans win, and the 3 loss teams go to the tiebreaker of "Opponents' Winning %". Current speculation is that such a tiebreaker would shake out with New orleans getting the #1, Green Bay getting the #2, NYJets getting the 3, and Houston and San Fran getting the 4 and 5 in some fashion. However, no one can be sure since the scenario can only be run after the "Opponents' Winnng %" has been established after the week 17 results.

COlin

I think both teams will play hard to win.

Both teams have players playing for their NFL careers. The players do not care about Reggie Bush. All the organization could do is shut down players or sit down starters mid game.

Any more news on Houston RB's? Is Wells going to start?
Yes, though he is listed as probable, the word out of Houston is that he'll get the nod. I'll start him with confidence assuming this remains true.

from kffl.com:

Texans | Wells placed on Injured ReserveFri, 30 Dec 2005 13:09:06 -0800Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Jonathan Wells (thigh) has been placed on Injured Reserve, officially ending his 2005 season.

from kffl.com:

Texans | Wells placed on Injured Reserve

Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:09:06 -0800

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Jonathan Wells (thigh) has been placed on Injured Reserve, officially ending his 2005 season.
so is morency the last man standing?

from kffl.com:

Texans | Wells placed on Injured Reserve

Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:09:06 -0800

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Jonathan Wells (thigh) has been placed on Injured Reserve, officially ending his 2005 season.
Damn.

As in you could do worse for a starter if you're desperate. I think.
Are you thinking he'll produce at or near the level that Well's was producing? Because I can live with that. Wells did not disapoint as a fill-in for Dom.

Are you thinking he'll produce at or near the level that Well's was producing? Because I can live with that. Wells did not disapoint as a fill-in for Dom.
I think the Texans will want to take a good, long look at Morency to find out what he's capable of doing. He was a first-day draft pick this year so they like him but he hasn't been able to beat out Wells for the backup job. This would be an opportunity for him to stake a claim as a possible backup for next season either behind Dom Davis or behind Bush (should the Texans draft Bush and trade Davis). The Texans already know what they have in Hollings (he's a dog) so I'd be very surprised if Morency didn't get at least 25 touches on Sunday. And if he gets that many I think he has a chance to be no worse than a very good RB3 with RB2 potential.

I think the Texans will want to take a good, long look at Morency to find out what he's capable of doing. He was a first-day draft pick this year so they like him but he hasn't been able to beat out Wells for the backup job. This would be an opportunity for him to stake a claim as a possible backup for next season either behind Dom Davis or behind Bush (should the Texans draft Bush and trade Davis). The Texans already know what they have in Hollings (he's a dog) so I'd be very surprised if Morency didn't get at least 25 touches on Sunday. And if he gets that many I think he has a chance to be no worse than a very good RB3 with RB2 potential.
I think the SF and Houston game will be a high scoring affair that will give Morency plenty of scoring chances.

Users who are viewing this thread