What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone use Edenpure or similar supplemental Infrared heaters? (1 Viewer)

Sabertooth

Footballguy
My poor boiler is struggling with this cold.  I can't get the heat in the main room of my house (open concept home) above 66 when it's -5 degrees outside.  My boiler is 10 years old and I don't want to purchase a new one with more capacity.  So I'm looking into placing an infrared heater into my home to make up some of this heat and alleviate the stress on my boiler.  

Anyone use these?  I have been researching a bit and I'd estimate I have an open around near 1000 square feet that needs to be supplemented.  I was looking at Edenpure and they seem decent.  However I am not married to that brand or anything.  

Yes, we have 2 Edenpure units. We used one in a 25x19 high ceiling addition to our house that was reliant on a gas fireplace for heating, and it did the job perfectly even set to medium. 1000 feet sounds like a lot of space, but probably worth a try. Be prepared for a spike to the electric bill though.

Yes, we have 2 Edenpure units. We used one in a 25x19 high ceiling addition to our house that was reliant on a gas fireplace for heating, and it did the job perfectly even set to medium. 1000 feet sounds like a lot of space, but probably worth a try. Be prepared for a spike to the electric bill though.
1000 sq ft was a WAG.  I didn't map it out.  I think my big problem is my high ceilings.  I'm wondering if a ceiling fan would be more cost effective.  

Last edited by a moderator:
1000 sq ft was a WAG.  I didn't map it out.  I think my big problem is my high ceilings.  I'm wondering if a ceiling fan would be more cost effective.  
Ceiling fan was effective in my 25x19 high ceiling room. I'd be more concerned with getting the heat from one room to another if you have multi-rooms. I haven't relied on a heater like that in a multi-room location, but suspect there is some heat loss that rises above doorways and never makes it into adjoining rooms, even with a ceiling fan.

Users who are viewing this thread