What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone worried about Mark Andrews? (1 Viewer)

mogrod

Footballguy
Only two weeks in but is anyone worried about Mark Andrews' upside ROS?

Can he be that clear #2 TE (or 2A with Hock) or is he going to another TE albeit with a safer floor?

Seems something is a bit off. Maybe his lack of preseason, maybe the offense hasn't been the pass-heavy attack we all thought it be, maybe the groin injury still affecting him?

If you owned him and LaPorta, why wouldn't you just ride with Sammy Ballgame and trade Andrews for something of real need?
Or would you trade away Sam on this being maybe his biggest sell high moment of the season?

I don't think I am worried, per se, as the rest of the TE landscape doesn't make me feel like I could be potentially missing out on anything...

I think that he, like Josh Jacobs, is still shaking off some rust after missing preseason action. I also think the Ravens offense is still ironing out the kinks of their new system. I think we need to throw Week 3 aside due to the wet nature of the game and how much Lamar ran the ball as well.

Better days (should) be ahead for Andrews as he gets healthier and the Ravens find their stride (great coaching staff).

But - since you own both LaPorta and Andrews, I think it opens up a world of fun in the trade market for you. I would definitely sell one, plus a piece, to upgrade another position if you can. And at this point, it's a toss up for who I would want to keep....although, I think I would lean on keeping Andrews as they wr and rb core are hurt by injuries, are newer to the team and Andrews has a history of producing. Either way, upgrading another position would still probably give you a win on your roster with either TE.

Good luck

Yea, I'm right there with you on all of that.

It is hard to pick of the two right now but maybe it's just recency-bias as LaPorta is the "new shiny toy" that had a big game while Andrews is the "been there, done that" who had a sub-par (for his standards) game. Plus Andrews dealing with injuries last season and early this year.

Who would be more likely to fall off and make an owner regret playing weekly? Andrews because of injury, offense or losing a step... or... LaPorta's hot start with Gibbs not being fully utilized in the passing game yet?

Or, who has a better chance of being a "league-winner", Andrews who's done it before with a QB he's done it with... or... LaPorta who only builds from this as he, and the team, get more acclimated and used more as season goes on as a rookie. Rookie WRs spike at end of season, maybe TEs?

Maybe it's a moot point as I really think I can get Etienne from another team owner and I think they will say "Who?" if I approach them with LaPorta. Lol. I just hate to make that move and end up regretting it later as TEs are such a crap shoot.

I think Ettiene, or someone similar, has a much higher chance at being a 'league winner' compared to either Andrews or Sam. They. both have ceilings firmly in place, in my opinion. And if you could use actual ceiling at WR or RB...then I would make the swap for sure.

I have both Andrew’s and LaPorta, 10 team ppr. Starting LaPorta over Andrew’s this week. I don’t know if SL is better over the entire season, but I think he’s got the talent, targets and matchup to warrant the start tonight over Andrew’s going against a really good Browns D.

I’m not confident enough in LaPorta to trade Andrews right now, plus Andrews value is probably the lowest it will be all season. If the Ravens were playing better, I would trade LaPorta. Just gotta wait and see.

Yes,I am VERY worried.
He's been chasing Kelce for several years now.
How can he possibly compete with Taylor Swift?!

I am worried a bit. I drafted him in the 4th round as 2nd overall tight end and I haven't won a tight end matchup yet this season. The targets this past week (vs Flowers targets) were surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread