What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are any of you guys' landlords? (1 Viewer)

No, really. Since the market crashed, I can buy homes that were allegedly worth $200,000 at one point inn Florida for like $90,000 now. I'm obviously years away from owning any type of Real Estate but there are some smart people on here, so I figured I'd pry some knowledge out of them.

What % down do most places want? For me, I would probably be looking for a 30-year mortgage and refinancing later. Just trying to get my foot in the door somewhere while the market is still down.

this from the guy who couldn't scrape together a few extra hundys to flip cell phones... you're a trip dude :lmao:

a buddy of mine would buy houses near the local college and rent them out to college students

the whole thing sounded like a huge pain in the ###, frankly

My good friend left his high paying job as a store clerk at 7-11 and bought a few buildings here in Manhattan. He appears to be doing okay, good luck to you!

also, you can check out some hud homes

and remember, when you're talking to lenders about financing you are telling them that you plan to live there -- don't mention the renting it out part.

Do not buy real estate unless you actually live in the area. EVER. Owning a home in another state which you are unable to watch and manage will be a disaster. Not that Em has a chance in the next 10 years of actually doing this, but for someone who might be stupid enough to think about doing something like this.

Do not buy real estate unless you actually live in the area. EVER. Owning a home in another state which you are unable to watch and manage will be a disaster. Not that Em has a chance in the next 10 years of actually doing this, but for someone who might be stupid enough to think about doing something like this.
I have no intentions of buying real estate but isn't this why you get a property manager?

I have no intentions of buying real estate but isn't this why you get a property manager?
Quis custodiet ipsos terrae custodet?

Sure and you will end up paying at least 15% and they may or may not watch and take care of your property that well. They rent to one bad tenant and it is over. A bad tenant can ruin the house, but it is no skin off the property manager.

You guys keep feeding the cat....
There is no better example I can think of regarding this phenomenon than a really bad :tfp:

I don't want to look, because I know what happened is not a good thing. But, I know with absolute certainty, there is no scenario where I'm not immediately fixated on the accident and finding out exactly what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread