What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

At what point does LJ become a must-draft? (1 Viewer)

So you guys are still taking him before the likes of Gore/Addai/Alexander in non-PPR leagues? and over Westy/Bush in PPR leagues?

FBG certainly agrees with their individual rankings.

He is ranked 3, 5, 7, 3, 3, 3, 5, 6, 3, 5, 3, 4, 3, 6, 3, and 5

by the individuals.

That seems pretty telling to me. And that has not changed very much.

I personally would hesitate to draft him 3rd, but we all have to make our own choice.

FBG certainly agrees with their individual rankings. He is ranked 3, 5, 7, 3, 3, 3, 5, 6, 3, 5, 3, 4, 3, 6, 3, and 5by the individuals.That seems pretty telling to me. And that has not changed very much. I personally would hesitate to draft him 3rd, but we all have to make our own choice.
I took LJ third in a redraft league about a month ago and I'm not enthralled in owning him. I can't say that there is anyone that has emerged as a much better pick at the 3 spot though, so I guess I can live with owning LJ. But there are certainly enough questions to make it a lot riskier a pick this year than he was at the same draft spot last year (after LT and SA).

FBG certainly agrees with their individual rankings. He is ranked 3, 5, 7, 3, 3, 3, 5, 6, 3, 5, 3, 4, 3, 6, 3, and 5by the individuals.That seems pretty telling to me. And that has not changed very much. I personally would hesitate to draft him 3rd, but we all have to make our own choice.
I took LJ third in a redraft league about a month ago and I'm not enthralled in owning him. I can't say that there is anyone that has emerged as a much better pick at the 3 spot though, so I guess I can live with owning LJ. But there are certainly enough questions to make it a lot riskier a pick this year than he was at the same draft spot last year (after LT and SA).
Last year he was a #2

The question is when is he a must draft.

I could justify not taking him till about #7. If I have the #7 pick and he's still there I have to take him.

The question is when is he a must draft.I could justify not taking him till about #7. If I have the #7 pick and he's still there I have to take him.
And this would tend to agree with the FBG expert rankings, since the lowest he is ranked by any of them is 7.

First off, HE"LL SIGN No Issue there!

Second, he had 400+ touches last year, he'll get that many again.

And he seams to stay healthy..........................

Just because the analysts say every one who had that many touches the year before gets hurt, that's the past ......................L.J. IS STRONG ENOUGH FOR THAT!!!

He's solid as can be to produce, If healthy, the Chiefs ain't scoring if they don't give it to him.

3.......but the lowest 5

:lmao: <--is this Terrance or Phillip

To me Johnson is the safest pick at #3.

A powerful/workhorse RB without a challenger who could easily end up #2 in scoring this season, but no doubt a top 5.

The next 5-6 guys could be #2 or 3... but also could be out of the top 10.

To me Johnson is the safest pick at #3.

A powerful/workhorse RB without a challenger who could easily end up #2 in scoring this season, but no doubt a top 5.

The next 5-6 guys could be #2 or 3... but also could be out of the top 10.
I think this is probably the best, most reasonable way of looking at it.LJ, barring injury, is seemingly a lock to end up in the Top 5 of RBs. He may only be #5, but it's hard to imagine he falls that far below that.

The other contenders for the #3 pick - Gore, Addai, Westbrook, Alexander - all could be Top 3 guys or they could fall out of the Top 10.

LJ, despite it all, is the safe pick at #3.

Users who are viewing this thread