What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Auction style Dynasty League (1 Viewer)

Warpig

Footballguy
I'm in a 32 team dynasty league that is using the auction style format using proxy bidding. Each of the 32 teams has to fill up 40 roster spots (and a 5 player taxi squad for draft picks). 5 years is the max you can sign any player to. Starting lineups are:

Offense.....QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, PK and 1 flex (RB, WR, TE)

Defense.... DE, DE, DT, LB, LB, LB, CB, CB, S, S and 1 flex (DT, LB, CB, S)

Salary cap is $1300 and 90 years (for 40+ players)

I have played in auction style redraft leagues for the last 9 years and love it.

I'm the type of guy that will bid on good value players and build up good depth/trade bait on my teams. Has worked pretty well for me since I'm pretty much a lock to make the playoffs. However, in this league people are bumping up bids on players just to screw with other people thus causing the balance to be out of flux. 2nd and 3rd tier RB's and WR's are going for as much, if not more than 1st tier players. One guy, for example, has used 63% of his salary cap on 3 players! He still has 37+ rosster spots to go! Another guy is in a similar situation with 4 players. I refuse to jump in to the bloody waters of this feeding frenzy. Should I hold my cards and pick up great depth (since I'm sure I'll be able to get players like Fred Taylor, Ahman Green, Thomas Jones, Domanick Davis...etc for a bargain. To me the players I just named could be awesome value steals. And I could end up with several players like this. Or do I say hell with it and jump in head first with everyone else and overpay for guys that aren't a guarantee?

p.s.

Most guys barely have 800 dollars left and I have over $1200.

p.s.s

So far the only player I have is Jonathan Vilma (whom I matched for $450 ($90X5years).

EXAMPLE: LT2 went for $2000 ($400 x 5 years), Edge went for approx $1600 or $1800, SA went for over $1800, compare that to Deuce sitting at over $1400 as well as Willis McGahee, and Tiki Barber is at $1300+, Rudi Johnson $1300+, Cedrick Benson at $1300+!!! Even Warrick Dunn is over $1100!

OH! AND Tony Gonzalez went for $1000!!! OUCH!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always found that is an advantage to have great depth and go for good value guys.

If nothing else they present great trade value as well when somebody with 1 or 2 studs starts to slip out of the playoff picture.

I have historically always waited on buying players. In the early part of auctions, prices are always overly high; but, as the draft goes on the price gets more reasonable (leading to steals by the end).

Make a positional tier, and wait until players on a specifically targeted tier started disappearing before making moves...just don't wait TOO long for the talent pool to dwindle.

I have historically always waited on buying players. In the early part of auctions, prices are always overly high; but, as the draft goes on the price gets more reasonable (leading to steals by the end).

Make a positional tier, and wait until players on a specifically targeted tier started disappearing before making moves...just don't wait TOO long for the talent pool to dwindle.
I checked out the site. Most of the studs went way too cheap. Looks like 2nd tier players might start going for as much or more. You won't have anything left to buy if you don't get involved.With the 4th pick you can get a RB at least

since I'm sure I'll be able to get players like Fred Taylor, Ahman Green, Thomas Jones, Domanick Davis...etc for a bargain. To me the players I just named could be awesome value steals. And I could end up with several players like this.
Depends.How much are those players going for?

Users who are viewing this thread