What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bad RB (1 Viewer)

grind

Footballguy
Please rank the following for this year only...Julius Jones, Marion Barber, LaDell Betts, LaMont Jordan, Deshaun Foster. Thanks.

Jones (1000 yard back who may start to get goal line work)

Betts (should get a decent number of carries in a productive offense, would be huge if Portis misses time)

Jordan (should be the uncontested starter for the first four weeks. has a chance to bounce back. remember he was top 10 two years ago)

Foster (lead back in RBBC, but he's not that good and he's got a younger guy behind him)

Barber (#2 back in RBBC. people here seem enamored with him, but Jones seems to me to be in the lead)

In my opinion:

Foster - This looks like a no brainer to me. Word is he will start, and the panthers are switching to a zone blocking scheme which suits his run style better.

Jones - From what I hear Jones is going to be the "primary runner" this year, and he was pretty good stats wise when he started in that role, so I think he will have a good season.

Betts - Guy is a good talent and I just don't trust Portis' knee. I think Betts will see a lot of playing time.

Barber - I think he will only be good for TDs this season. Of course that is where a lot of fantasy points usually come from, but still I think he will have a diminished role in the O this year. He might get close to the same fantasy points total as Betts, but I think Betts will have better opportunities to be on the field.

Jordan - Just don't trust this dude after last year. Back problems, poor running, bad attitude, he even said something about retiering last year? (not sure about that, but he did have some wishy-washy attitude when his back got injured) I could see giving him a second chance, but I just see the raiders backfield as a work in progress. I think they could plug in Fargas, or Rhodes, or Joe at any given moment and poof! Jordan looses out. I just ask myself if he is a better back than anyone else on that team and the answer I get is "I don't know".

Foster - value in early drafts

Jones - gets last year's yards and some of the TDs

Jordan - last starter in this group

Barber - not as effective as 06

Betts - I am assuming that Portis is healthy

Please rank the following for this year only...Julius Jones, Marion Barber, LaDell Betts, LaMont Jordan, Deshaun Foster. Thanks.
Now that a bunch of people have responded, it would be fun to see what scoring system they used for their rankings and compare them to the scoring system OP needs.

Users who are viewing this thread