What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baltimore Raven LB C.J. Mosely (1 Viewer)

I've been playing in a league with IDPs for a long time and it's unbelievable how many tackles the stat guys assign to the wrong player. Some clear as a day. I've met the stats guy for one NFL team and he didn't strike me as a guy too worried about 100% accurate about tackles/assists. It happens pretty quickly, often in a pile.

I've been playing in a league with IDPs for a long time and it's unbelievable how many tackles the stat guys assign to the wrong player. Some clear as a day. I've met the stats guy for one NFL team and he didn't strike me as a guy too worried about 100% accurate about tackles/assists. It happens pretty quickly, often in a pile.
This is frighteningly true.  I've seen plenty of plays where tackles were credited to the team's star linebacker, even when he was visibly still running toward the pile as the whistle is blowing.  For as much as sports seem to revere statistics, it's always amazed me how little footballers care about some rather fundamental ones.

I call it the "Bruce Smith" rule. When Bruce was a stud DE for the Bills anything good for that defense that happened was caused by Smith. If he was getting a drink and they got a pick it was because they couldn't find him on the field and rushed the throw worried he was going to appear and sack the QB. Ray Lewis benefitted much the same way. Taking nothing away from those players greatness, they just got credit oftentimes when it wasn't warranted, like for tackles. 

Now that's what I'm talking about, CJ, that's why I named my daughter after you.  

Jokes aside, this was a solid game but don't think we can count on a pick every game.  Would love to see him break loose for 10 tackles but hey, can't complain about him making big plays.  Without the pick he still scores 15 in my league, which is very solid.  

This is why its great to have a Big Name Vet LB in FF.  Ray Lewis was the king of the ghost tackle... I couldn't stand watching his games and the box scores live especially in his later seasons when Balt was padding his stats.  I saw plays where Ray wasn't even in the pile and he would get credit for the tackle.  Pretty much if you see an LB get 90 or more tackles yr in and yr out theres some baloney in there.

This is why its great to have a Big Name Vet LB in FF.  Ray Lewis was the king of the ghost tackle... I couldn't stand watching his games and the box scores live especially in his later seasons when Balt was padding his stats.  I saw plays where Ray wasn't even in the pile and he would get credit for the tackle.  Pretty much if you see an LB get 90 or more tackles yr in and yr out theres some baloney in there.

I despise Ray Lewis with the white hot intensity of 1,000 suns....but he and his "neighborhood tackles" help drive more than one of my teams to a championship his last few years.  

I recall watching a Steelers/Ravens game late in his career where Rev. Ray was 2 or 3 yards from a pile looking at multiple other defenders making a tackle.....and the home scorer gave him an assist.  It was like he was being rewarded for telling Terell Suggs(or whomever was at the bottom of the pile)  "good job."

Maybe he helped up that guy they'd tackled?  They figured "hey, he DID touch him. *assist awarded*"

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread