What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bank Error in Your Favor, Collect $120,000 (1 Viewer)

DaVinci

FairTaxguy
Bank mistakenly deposits $120,000 in couple's account, so they spent it.

A Pennsylvania couple is facing felony theft charges after their bank accidentally put $120,000 in their account, and the couple spent most of it instead of contacting the bank, police said.

Robert and Tiffany Williams of Montoursville are also facing overdraft fees from the bank of about $107,000, according to the criminal complaint filed in the Lycoming County magisterial district court.

In an interview with law enforcement, Tiffany Williams said the money was spent on an SUV, a camper, two four wheelers and a car trailer, among other things, according to an affidavit.
:moneybag: :excited: :moneybag:

i'd like to hear your thoughts about this
I was being facetious, but not really. You have to subscribe for the newsletter and make a donation on the corner.

No, there's a lot of ##### and not many giggles. Lots of ###### ######### when applied to the banks. I absolutely will never forget the great swindle of 2007/2008 and it's actually where I and the left make common cause against the command economy way in which the situation was resolved. I wound up liking Elizabeth Warren of all people, for the moment. It jump started her career, frankly. 

It seems radically unfair to place this all at the feet of the consumer when it's the bank in charge of the transferring of funds. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was being facetious, but not really. You have to subscribe for the newsletter and make a donation on the corner.

No, there's a lot of ##### and not many giggles. Lots of ###### ######### when applied to the banks. I absolutely will never forget the great swindle of 2007/2008 and it's actually where I and the left make common cause against the command economy way in which the situation was resolved. I wound up liking Elizabeth Warren of all people, for the moment. It jump started her career, frankly. 

It seems radically unfair to place this all at the feet of the consumer when it's the bank in charge of the transferring of funds. 
:popcorn:  Interesting

Users who are viewing this thread