What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Battery Powered Mower Guys (1 Viewer)

My Black and Decker edger/trimmer had two batteries that I charged inside.  When needed, I'd just grab one and plug it into the edger.  Very convienient.  I'm not sure it mattered if the rest of the lawn gear was the same brand or not.  The batteries for the mower are much larger.  

My Black and Decker edger/trimmer had two batteries that I charged inside.  When needed, I'd just grab one and plug it into the edger.  Very convienient.  I'm not sure it mattered if the rest of the lawn gear was the same brand or not.  The batteries for the mower are much larger.  
Ego batteries are completely interchangeable in all of their tools

But surely the batteries on a mower are much larger than those on an edger?  I wouldn't want to carry a car battery around my yard.
I have 3 sizes of Ego Batteries. The large one fits my mower and backpack blower. The small one is for the handheld tools like the trimmer and edger. THe medium one is big enough for the blower or mower but also light enough for the hand tools, so it's my backup in case one of the other batteries runs out while I'm doing something and I need just a little more juice. 

I'm not sure of the Hz or Volts or whatever measure they use to identify each, I just know it s small, med and large. lol

The battery on my edger is very small- about 5x3 inches.  No way I'd want to carry around a larger battery.  Maybe you strong, husky guys would, but I don't think that would work at all for me.

I have 2 Greenworks mowers, bought first one as a backup and it is 40 volt. Came with 2 2.5 batteries 239 dollars from Woot.com I think.  and the 2.5 bh didn't last long at all. I bought a 5 bh battery from Amazon for 75 bux lasts close to a full mow of my three yards, about 45 minutes of mow time. 

My second I bought for 200 dollars from Woot I think and it came with a cordless drill and 3 batteries. You use 2 batteries at once and it lasts a full mow.

Really enjoy the ease of use and quite . The new one has lights and could run at night if I didn't enjoy mowing as a light exercise and get some sun activity.

Electric is the way to go and when Greenworks is on sale they are def worth it for me. 

Appreciate all your input on the Ego etc for future.

But surely the batteries on a mower are much larger than those on an edger?  I wouldn't want to carry a car battery around my yard.
I have 3 sizes of Ego Batteries. The large one fits my mower and backpack blower. The small one is for the handheld tools like the trimmer and edger. THe medium one is big enough for the blower or mower but also light enough for the hand tools, so it's my backup in case one of the other batteries runs out while I'm doing something and I need just a little more juice. 

I'm not sure of the Hz or Volts or whatever measure they use to identify each, I just know it s small, med and large. lol
The batteries have varying Ah, but they can all be used in any tool.  A 10ah battery will certainly be very heavy on your edger, but it will work.  A 2.5ah battery may only lat 5 minutes in your mower, but it will fit/work 

Ego working well for me so far. Bought the blower and trimmer/edger this spring, and just bought a mower last month. A small battery for the handheld tools turns out to be plenty to mow my front and back lawns. And I love how I can fold it up and store it upright in the garden shed, takes up very little room. 

I've decided to take the plunge and look to replace my yard tools and eventually my mower with EGO since they seem to be the most well liked/reviewed.  However, they are pricey and they hardly ever seem to go on sale, but I'll definitely keep my eyes open for some end-of-season deals if I can find any.

One question for the EGO owners - I searched up Facebook Marketplace for EGO and got way more hits that I would've guessed just based on how popular they seem to be.  That said, I'm curious if any of you have bought any EGO stuff used and if it's something I should consider given the fact that I'm assuming these batteries will eventually start to lose their rechargeability.

I've decided to take the plunge and look to replace my yard tools and eventually my mower with EGO since they seem to be the most well liked/reviewed.  However, they are pricey and they hardly ever seem to go on sale, but I'll definitely keep my eyes open for some end-of-season deals if I can find any.

One question for the EGO owners - I searched up Facebook Marketplace for EGO and got way more hits that I would've guessed just based on how popular they seem to be.  That said, I'm curious if any of you have bought any EGO stuff used and if it's something I should consider given the fact that I'm assuming these batteries will eventually start to lose their rechargeability.

Didn't look into buying used, mostly decided to go EGO as the reviews were good and it is carried by the local hardware store chain (two locations), who I'd rather give my money to than Home Depot or Lowes.  And I did get lucky, bought the mower on a $100 off sale.  They had gotten a pallet of 5 the day before and I got the last one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I correct in saying the point you made in later posts  is that you wouldn't likely put the big mower battery in the trimmer, so you don't really care if those are different brands? Because I agree that I wouldn't put the big battery mower in my trimmer even though it fits. But I do occasionally put my small trimmer battery in my mower if I need just a bit more juice to finish the yard. That is why its nice to have the same brand for both. 

Am I correct in saying the point you made in later posts  is that you wouldn't likely put the big mower battery in the trimmer, so you don't really care if those are different brands? Because I agree that I wouldn't put the big battery mower in my trimmer even though it fits. But I do occasionally put my small trimmer battery in my mower if I need just a bit more juice to finish the yard. That is why its nice to have the same brand for both. 

Yeah that flexibility is nice.  When I brought my mower home they told me to charge the battery it came with for 24 hours before use, but I just slapped one of the smaller ones in and was able to hit the whole yard.  

Looking to switch from gas to electric for all my lawn care stuff...my gas Troy-bilt trimmer/edger finally bit the dust and I'm shopping for cordless trimmer/edger combos for now, and will add hedge trimmer and mower next spring...I've got a nice little gas leaf  lower thats only a couple years old, so I'll keep that until it dies....

Anyone use Worx products? They seem to make every list of best electric trimmers/edger, more specifically this one:

Worx WG170 GT Revolution 20V 12 Inch Grass Trimmer/Edger/Mini-Mower (Batteries & Charger Included)

https://a.co/d/0RPIn5c

Since I'd want to stick with one brand for battery compatibility, I'm looking for opinions on the Worx brand overall or if I should play it safe and go with a better known bra d like Ryobi, EGO, Black & Decker, etc.
I ended up getting a house with a steep backyard and did not go for a battery powered mower.

But I love my EGO trimmer/edger! If I did not have the hill, I would have an EGO mower. 

Went with the Worx trimmer/edger combo for $110.on Amazon. The EGO stuff looks great but my yard is small and I think this will do the job for less than half the price.

Will report back after a few uses.

Went with the Worx trimmer/edger combo for $110.on Amazon. The EGO stuff looks great but my yard is small and I think this will do the job for less than half the price.

Will report back after a few uses.

After a couple of uses I'm really liking it. Not a lot of power of course but as long as I don't let my yard get out-of control it should be fine.

It's super light, compact, and quiet compared to anything gas.

I think if I had even a good sized yard I'd prob go with EGO, but for average use the Worx does the job just fine. We will see how long it and the batteries last, but so far so good.

Big fan of Ego.

Have a self propelled mower that my kids use, a blower, string trimmer and edger. Thinking about adding a snow blower since it would handle the majority of our CT snow storms, but haven't pulled the trigger.

Major score over the weekend.
Went to lowes for some shelving, and walked out with 2 new Ego products 1/2 off. They had a rolling rack by the garden section with a 1/2 off sign and a bunch of floor-model lawn/garden power tools.

took home a Hedge Trimmer for $80 and a leaf blower with the BATTERY for $90.

I didn't really need the leaf blower, but the battery was a no brianer.

that brings my total Ego line up to:
• Mower
• Backpack blower
• String Trimmer
• Edger
• Hedge Trimmer
• Hand leaf blower
• 4 Batteries

Went to lowes for some shelving, and walked out with 2 new Ego products 1/2 off. They had a rolling rack by the garden section with a 1/2 off sign and a bunch of floor-model lawn/garden power tools.

• Mower
• Backpack blower
• String Trimmer
• Edger
• Hedge Trimmer
• Hand leaf blower
• 4 Batteries
:jealous:

• Mower
• Backpack blower
• String Trimmer
• Edger
• Hedge Trimmer
• Hand leaf blower
• 4 Batteries
we could both bask in our glorious Ego lawn equipment collection if we win the damn lottery soon!! :ROFLMAO:

• Mower
• Backpack blower
• String Trimmer
• Edger
• Hedge Trimmer
• Hand leaf blower
• 4 Batteries
we could both bask in our glorious Ego lawn equipment collection if we win the damn lottery soon!! :ROFLMAO:
Yes please! I have a bunch of EGO tools, but really want a zero turn mower and the 2 stage snowblower...

• Mower
• Backpack blower
• String Trimmer
• Edger
• Hedge Trimmer
• Hand leaf blower
• 4 Batteries
Yes please! I have a bunch of EGO tools, but really want a zero turn mower and the 2 stage snowblower...
That 2 stage blower is a beast. Got one this year, it's awesome to go out and not smell like snowblower exhaust or gas as I am trying to fill a tank with frozen hands :lmao:

I have a little under 2 acres and have been mowing it with a Husqvarna 46" Garden Tractor for about 7 years. I opted for the Garden Tractor rather than a ZT back then because the wife and I like to garden and being able to tow mulch, branches, dirt, crushed stone etc. was a necessity. My understanding was always that Zero Turns can't really tow.

I'm looking at switching to a Zero Turn for ease and for time-saving. Figured if I am going to drop coin on a mower, then EV is the way to go. Was looking at EGO Power+ z6 either in 42" or 52". The 42" comes with (4) 56V ARC batteries, the 52" comes with (6). The price has me a little shocked. $5k for the 42" and $6.5k for the 52". It says kit sold separately-does this refer to the charging kit?

I don't really know my ******* from my earhole when it comes to EV Mowers so wandering if anyone has experience with either of these two and if its worth it to go the EV route. Frankly, I can get a 60" John Deere with ROPS for less money. Any insight is appreciated.

• Mower
• Backpack blower
• String Trimmer
• Edger
• Hedge Trimmer
• Hand leaf blower
• 4 Batteries
I just scored a 2 Stage Snowblower (SNT2405) with 2-7.5 Ah batteries + dual charger for $1K. Sold my old Craftsman gas for $325 on Facebook. 🥳

• Mower
• Backpack blower
• String Trimmer
• Edger
• Hedge Trimmer
• Hand leaf blower
• 4 Batteries
I just scored a 2 Stage Snowblower (SNT2405) with 2-7.5 Ah batteries + dual charger for $1K. Sold my old Craftsman gas for $325 on Facebook. 🥳
I’m looking at that one, and may wait til the spring to see if Lowe’s or anyone has it on sale. My plan is to the buy a self propelled mower with no batteries included (I think it’s around $600?) and just use the 7.5s that came with the blower.

Have an ego. Their mower is great but the rest of the accessories are crazy spendy. Trying to pick up them on Craigslist.

• Mower
• Backpack blower
• String Trimmer
• Edger
• Hedge Trimmer
• Hand leaf blower
• 4 Batteries
I’m looking at that one, and may wait til the spring to see if Lowe’s or anyone has it on sale. My plan is to the buy a self propelled mower with no batteries included (I think it’s around $600?) and just use the 7.5s that came with the blower.
Highly recommend. Powerful, good clearing path. My only 2 complaints - 1) the 2-7.5Ah batteries do not complete my entire job... last about 35-40 minutes and I need 50-60. 2) the unit is lighter than the gas equivalent, which makes it a little harder to get through deep, heavy snow. That last complaint is a little nit-picky though, as there has not been anything that I have not been able to clear successfully.

Ego working well for me so far. Bought the blower and trimmer/edger this spring, and just bought a mower last month. A small battery for the handheld tools turns out to be plenty to mow my front and back lawns. And I love how I can fold it up and store it upright in the garden shed, takes up very little room.

After the week of big ice storms here a couple of weeks back and with a bunch of trees damaged in my yard, I went and bought the EGO 16" chain saw. It wouldn't be enough if you were cutting down large trees or cutting up logs for firewood, but for my yard which just has smaller trees it's just right. No more hand saw for me when a limb breaks or I need to do some heavy-duty trimming.

After the week of big ice storms here a couple of weeks back and with a bunch of trees damaged in my yard, I went and bought the EGO 16" chain saw. It wouldn't be enough if you were cutting down large trees or cutting up logs for firewood, but for my yard which just has smaller trees it's just right. No more hand saw for me when a limb breaks or I need to do some heavy-duty trimming.
I want one.

I just pulled the trigger on an Ego mower that’s on sale, plus comes with a second battery at no cost. Amazon and Lowe’s both have it for $749. I figure with the spare battery there’s no way I run out of juice even bagging wet grass or leaves in the fall.

Lowes

Not a mower but I finally "took the plunge" - my string trimmer is on its last legs - I can only start it via the drill bolt in the back, the plastic piece that holds the string is all banged up.

It runs fine but I figure I'll try out something new. Costco has a greenworks on sale so I pulled the trigger on that. Also bought the blower since my other one is plug in.

THe string trimmer is light duty, mostly my fence line and flower bed. I have a gas power edger so would not need it for that.

Hoping for the best.

Seems I'm late to join this thread, but I'm 'all-in' on Ego.

Bought a new (to us) house in summer of 2022. About 1 acre lot with LOTS of trees.

I now have the following Ego products Z6 42" riding mower, multi-tool attachment head, trimmer attachment, edger attachment, tiller attachment, and backpack blower. Have a total of 7 batteries, 6 are 10AH, one 5AH.

Love my Z6, but the initial experience was not that great. Purchased from Lowes with free delivery, actually a gift from my FIL which saved 10% and no taxes as he's a disabled veteran. Got the bagger and mulch plug as well. First, I had to go pick up the batteries because the local store won't deliver them. Then the actual mower was delivered, and it was obviously one that had been sitting in front of Lowe's for months. It was dirty and a little sun burned, and I was not happy. Luckily or unfortunately, the PTO switch was broken. (Maybe a kid playing on it in front of the store?) I got Lowe's to pick it up and bring a new one that was like brand new. The process took way too long, but it's all in the past now.

The thing works like a dream. I use the bagger and mulcher all the time for leaves and stuff. I've never run out of battery on my one acre and depending on the time of year I'll mow the yard sometimes 3 times. (Bag leaves/grass and dump all in part of yard, mulch leave/grass piles to almost nothing, bag a final time to dump in compost pile.)

I also just love that I can mow/trim/edge/blow and hear my ear buds because it's not all that loud. Probably will save my hearing long-term.

Less than 6 months after my Z6 purchase my Ryobi battery for my trimmer/edger/blower died. So, I replaced with Ego. Added the tiller this year. I always have a garden.

I've had one battery go bad. One of my original 10AH from the Z6. One call to Ego and they sent me another after uploading my receipt. Then for some reason Ego sent me two more 10AH. Not sure how that happened but I am just keeping my mouth shut. Those 10AH batteries have an MSRP of 499.99. Needless to say, I'm locked into Ego now. LOL.

Considering the pole saw attachment later this year. I have a lot of trees.

I love that I can do my entire yard and never burn a drop of gas. Also very convenient to swap batteries for accessories whenever needed.

I store my batteries in the house during the coldest parts of the years.

Feel free to ask questions if you have them.

Oh, while my Z6 was a Lowe's purchase I've since purchased my other Ego products on Amazon. I'm outside city limits so it saves me some on taxes to order from Amazon and the free delivery is hard to beat.

Trimmer and blower showed up today.

I had no clue the batteries were that big lol.

Trimmer is fantastic. SO glad I made the change for now.

Blower is really nice but I don't see me using it for leaves, think I'll have to stick with my old plug in one. Didn't seem powerful enough

Users who are viewing this thread