What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best free agent IDP for MNF 10/5 (1 Viewer)

ingovee

Footballguy
Redraft 12 team with 3 IDP

I have a healthy lead going into the Lions @ Seahawks game and projected to win by 25 but my opponent has 3 Seahawks, Golden Tate and Sea D/ST going tomorrow night. I have one IDP slot to fill and I'm thinking my best play might be Chancellor or Ihedigbo. Our scoring tends to favor DBs.

1/2 Sack 1

3 Total Tackles 1

TFL 1

Blocked Punt, PAT or FG 4

Interception 3

Fumble Recovered 2

Fumble Forced 2

Safety 4

Passes Defensed 1

10 PR Yard 1

25 KR Tard 1

TD 6

Looking for any opinions, thanks. Here are available free agents.

Earl Thomas, Sea S Det
Kam Chancellor Sea S Det
Richard Sherman, Sea CB Det
Michael Bennett, Sea DE Det
Jordan Hill, Sea DT Det
Cary Williams, Sea CB Det
Cliff Avril, Sea DE Det
Tye Smith, Sea CB Det
Bruce Irvin, Sea LB Det
Ahtyba Rubin, Sea DT Det
Glover Quin, Det S @Sea
Ezekiel Ansah, Det DE @Sea
James Ihedigbo, Det S @Sea
Haloti Ngata, Det DT @Sea
Stephen Tulloch, Det LB @Sea
Rashean Mathis, Det CB @Sea
Quandre Diggs, Det CB @Sea
Darius Slay, Det CB @Sea
Gabe Wright, Det DT @Sea

Last edited by a moderator:
So 6 Tackles = 1 sack; 9 tackles = 1 int. Yes, that's big play scoring.

Would lean toward DEs and DBs

Bennett, Ansah stand out at DE

Neither O-lines are good here, but I think Seattle's is worse, so Ansah. Although, he may be dinged. Check that first.

Prefer Thomas/Sherman to Chancellor for the better chance at an INT. And don't like Chancellor's chance for tackles vs a non-existant inside running game for Detroit. Detroit is using Ebron quite a bit so if he matches up on him he should be okay there.

Much prefer SEA DBs to DET DBs for the better chance at picks. Stafford >>> Wilson in this area.

Sherman tends to be avoided, so I guess I'd go with Thomas. But if Sherman follows Calvin it could be a very big day for him. Seattle doesn't usually do that with him, though. And in this Golden Tate revenge game, I'd bet they play it straight up.

Safest plays are Ihedigbo or Tulloch if you want to max out tackles and just hope for a big play.

Dark horse is Cary Williams if he gets Calvin and is mercilessly picked on.

Another is Ngata, as I think Seattle's main O-line problem are on the interior. Just not sure how much gas he has left.

Ranking:

Ansah (if healthy)

Thomas

Bennett

Sherman

Ihedigbo

Tulloch

Williams

Chancellor

Ngata

Irvin

Note this ranking is bound to be wrong. IDP is an unpredictable mess from game to game.

I would agree that based on that scoring Ansah would be the easy choice assuming he plays and is healthy. I also agree with Stafford chucking the ball and prone to picks that Thomas is also a good play.

I think the ranking from the previous post is solid but I would probably move Ihedigbo above Sherman (but that may be because I need a big day out of Ihedigbo for a win so my glasses are a bit tainted...haha).

Users who are viewing this thread