What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best team in the AFC? (1 Viewer)

?

• Broncos - who just lost at home to the Chargers

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Patriots - who are riddled with injuries at just lost to the Dolphins

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Bengals - who just got dominated by the Steelers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colts - who haven't been the same since they lost Wayne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chiefs - just dropped 56 pts on the Raiders, but it was the Raiders and the Chiefs got swept by the

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Some other bad team that may be the 6 seed

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
You can't say the Chiefs, automatically ruled out IMO since they lost to Denver home and away.

Colts and Bengals way too inconsistent especially on the road.

I would have said New England if Gronk didn't get hurt.

I am going with Denver, but it is kind of by default.

You can't say the Chiefs, automatically ruled out IMO since they lost to Denver home and away.

Colts and Bengals way too inconsistent especially on the road.

I would have said New England if Gronk didn't get hurt.

I am going with Denver, but it is kind of by default.
:goodposting:

All are talented but clearly flawed. Denver is the hardest to exploit of the bunch. Plus, the Chargers, when they are on, are a very solid team. They have also beaten the Chiefs and Colts.

Things are definitely setting up for a hot #3, 4 or 6 seed to make a deep run again. I say that because whoever emerges from Miami, Baltimore, San Diego is likely to be the team that finishes on a winning streak and is playing well - otherwise, they won't earn that spot. For example, if Baltimore wins its last 3, they win the North and are going to be a very hot team as the likely #3 or 4. But if they lose a game, they're probably out, and Miami is likely to be the #6 and they might well be on a 4 or 5-game winning streak at that point.

Strikingly, Baltimore and Miami both have a chance at leapfrogging as high as #2 - although that will require them both to win out, for Indy to lose to KC, for Cincy to lose at home vs. Minn, and for New England to lose at home vs. Buffalo in Week 17, after losing at Baltimore next week. That probably won't happen. But it's not impossible, either.

Bills will beat Mia this week and clear the way for a Charger run to the playoffs.

Still like Den out of the AFC though.

Still gotta give it to Lord Brady, ruler of darkness and the underworld.

I don't trust Peyton Manning in the playoffs and I don't trust John Fox in the playoffs.

Things are definitely setting up for a hot #3, 4 or 6 seed to make a deep run again. I say that because whoever emerges from Miami, Baltimore, San Diego is likely to be the team that finishes on a winning streak and is playing well - otherwise, they won't earn that spot. For example, if Baltimore wins its last 3, they win the North and are going to be a very hot team as the likely #3 or 4. But if they lose a game, they're probably out, and Miami is likely to be the #6 and they might well be on a 4 or 5-game winning streak at that point.

Strikingly, Baltimore and Miami both have a chance at leapfrogging as high as #2 - although that will require them both to win out, for Indy to lose to KC, for Cincy to lose at home vs. Minn, and for New England to lose at home vs. Buffalo in Week 17, after losing at Baltimore next week. That probably won't happen. But it's not impossible, either.
:goodposting:

I don't think all that much separates even the "good" teams in the AFC from the likes of the Dolphins and Ravens. Flacco has been money in the playoffs so if they get in they could definitely win the conference.

It is the Broncos and it isn't even close - They'll finish the year out at 13-3 with home-field throughout.

The only other team that could get mentioned here is the Patriots, but their defense has just suffered too many injuries - Even BB can't put a bandage over that. I'll say it, their top 2 WRs are little white guys, that isn't a winning formula for an offense in 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread