What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Binky's Bowie Top 31 Assistance #1 (1 Viewer)

Which songs would you prefer to see in the top 31 Bowie list?

• Let's Dance

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • This Is Not American

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • China Girl

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Star

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Young Americans

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Sweet Thing - Candidate

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
PLEASE SELECT 3 OF THE ABOVE 6 (IF YOU LIKE THAT MANY)

looking for some input on my Bowie top 31 list - I can already tell you that as much as I appreciate his later stuff - really finding it hard to get much if any of his later stuff this high in comparison, I am really trying to squeeze at least one representative song in from as many of his albums as I can - but Alladin Sane, Ziggy and Diamond Dogs are gonna dominate.

This is 1 of 2 post of six songs - looking to get the top 6 out of these 12 total but breaking it up for easier digestion.

Let's Dance - classic MTV

This Is Not America - lesser known, made for the movie "The Falcon And The Snowman" ...beautiful

China Girl - more classic MTV

Star - one of the lesser hits off the classic Ziggy album - very glam, T-Rexy

Young Americans - title cut from the album and another MTV classic

Sweet Thing/Candidate - off the Diamond Dogs album - theatrical makes an appearance

Young Americans is an absolute must-have. Period. End of Story.
Yea, this list is this song, and everyone else.

This got me thinking that maybe Binky isn't a huge fan of the Young Americans album. Which is, of course, completely fine. The greatness of Bowie shows itself in the true variety of his catalog. I feel like every story I read about Bowie when I was a kid used the word "chameleon".

It makes sense that eventually he gets to a genre that isn't your favorite. Whatever you loved about individual songs on Ziggy or Heroes is NOT on Young Americans. It's an English guy doing Philly Soul--Bowie doing Hall & Oates. If you prefer Brian Eno Bowie, or Tin Machine Bowie, hey, you like what you like. I don't care for Hunky Dory.

This is an interesting read about the making of Young Americans, there's a cool bit about him debuting the song for some Bowie fanatics, and how nervous he was. It was such a big departure for him.

I like Iggy’s China Girl because it’s dark & gritty

Bowie is my favorite artist and I’m a sucker for Young Americans

Young Americans is an absolute must-have. Period. End of Story.
Yea, this list is this song, and everyone else.

This got me thinking that maybe Binky isn't a huge fan of the Young Americans album. Which is, of course, completely fine. The greatness of Bowie shows itself in the true variety of his catalog. I feel like every story I read about Bowie when I was a kid used the word "chameleon".

It makes sense that eventually he gets to a genre that isn't your favorite. Whatever you loved about individual songs on Ziggy or Heroes is NOT on Young Americans. It's an English guy doing Philly Soul--Bowie doing Hall & Oates. If you prefer Brian Eno Bowie, or Tin Machine Bowie, hey, you like what you like. I don't care for Hunky Dory.

This is an interesting read about the making of Young Americans, there's a cool bit about him debuting the song for some Bowie fanatics, and how nervous he was. It was such a big departure for him.

oh no, "Young Americans" is distinctive and memorable Bowie period. My favorite Bowie time period is the Ziggy time with that and the Alladdin Sane albums.

I do currently have 4 tunes from the "Young Americans" in my still-moving Top 40.

You better have Fascination on there.
Please don't spotlight The Human League for me in round 3.
And so the conversation turned...

don't you want me?

gotta say ...one of the best songs of the entire 80s - close to "Church of the Poison Mind"

I'm not kidding.
oakey dokey

I agree they were a solid band - also a big fan of “Mirror Man”

You better have Fascination on there.
Please don't spotlight The Human League for me in round 3.
And so the conversation turned...

don't you want me?

gotta say ...one of the best songs of the entire 80s - close to "Church of the Poison Mind"

I'm not kidding.
oakey dokey

I agree they were a solid band - also a big fan of “Mirror Man”
Love Action for the win

Users who are viewing this thread