What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blain Gabbert: Most likely to be next Peyton Manning (1 Viewer)

Where are people's thoughts now for Gabbert as a dynasty prospect with him landing in Jacksonville after they made a trade to move up and get him at 10? Are you buying? If so, what's the ADP or cost you are willing to pay to get him? Any specific league info to give context is appreciated.He seems to be the best long term qb in the draft, but not poised to pay early dividends ala Dalton, Ponder, or Locker. Can Jacksonville be a place where he flourishes in 2-3 years? What will hold him back? What other 2011 rookie qb would you rather have and why?
Jacksonville is kind of a tough spot to play QB. They don't have a true #1 wideout. Jones Drew is already showing the signs of abuse. Del Rio is always on the hot seat so you have to think eventually he's going to get canned if the team falls apart for even one season. At that point Gabbert could be a starter or be a castoff. I don't like his situation in the short or long terms for those reasons.
I'm glad I never got the chance to change my mind on him. Other than Jones-Drew, I think I nailed this one. I still don't like his situation, but if they go and get a real coach, it improves quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread